Big Wedding?

brand-new22

Assalmu Alaykum everybody!

I am wondering if in Islam it is okay for me to have a big wedding (a christian "TYPE" wedding, like big ceremony, white dress, etc.)
I live in Canada and that's what my family (non-muslims) and I know.... and that's the way I have always seen my wedding... Not that I am having one soon! But I would love to know.

Please let me know!

Thanks so much everyone!!!
:SMILY259:

arzafar

There is nothing wrong with having a big wedding if you can afford it and it makes you happy. However if your intention is to show off etc then it becomes impermissible.

Moreover you must not follow non-muslim customs with regards to marriage. replace them with Islamic customs. also keep in mind that the poor have a share in your money. so dont forget to invite the poor relatives, neighbors etc to the dinner.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

As far as I know that Muhammad SAWS spent highest in his marriage: A goat/lamb.
and we know that Muhammad SAWS is the best salaf for us to follow....so we shouldnt spend a lot....and the ceremony shouldnt be so gorgious that it takes the looks of christian/hindu wedding...it will be just copying them.....

and I cant remember...from where i heard that: Islamic way of marriage is
01.time will be after Asr salah
02.the groom will be in the local masjid with his wali and relatives and neighbours and bride-groom will be in the house with her wali and other relatives,neighbours.
03.The bride-groom will first accept the Qubul thrice,then the wali will come to masjid and then the groom will say Qubul thrice....
04.there will be happiness and shower of Dates and sweetmeats will be distributed...

I dont know ....its authentic or not......plz...clarify....I heard from someone...and i couldnt remember....if anyone have any info...plz...give...

Jazakallahu Khairan
wassalam