Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
:salam2:

Qadar of Allah. Be and it is.

From sky news online.

Genetics experts have been amazed by the birth of a blonde, blue-eyed white baby - to a black couple.

Proud parents: Angela and Ben Ihegboro are amazed by their daughter

Doctors insist tiny Nmachi is not an albino and neither of the parents has any mixed-race family history.

Dad Ben Ihegboro, 44, a railway customer services adviser, said: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything.

"The first thing I said was 'What the flip?'."

Nmachi, whose name means Beauty of God in the Nigerian homeland of parents Angela and Ben, was born at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent.

Doctors there told them she is not an albino.

"She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books," Ben told The Sun. "She just looks like a healthy white baby."

Ben added: "Of course, she's mine. My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist. But even then, what's with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University, said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

He said that both parents would have needed some form of white ancestry for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

"The hair is extremely unusual," Prof Sykes said. "Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

Some form of unknown mutation was the most likely explanation, he added.

The couple, of Woolwich, south London, have two other children, four-year-old Chisom and sister Dumebi, two.

Mum Angela, 35, told the paper: "Nmachi's colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby. But still, what on earth happened here?"

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/St...ck_Couple_Who_Have_White_Baby_Nmachi_Ihegboro

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When my first child was born the male nurse looked at me..looked at my husband and had to ask where we were from..I said DC and my husband said NJ...my son was born with blonde hair and blue eyes.. I am Pakistani and my former husband is Black. ( I tease my son to this day and tell him I felt sorry for him and adopted him; he is the spitting image of his father..but very very light skinned).

kayleigh

The story's true.

It might be but the sources are suspicious, as are the pictures I've seen. So for now I don't buy it 100%.

If it is true, it has nothing to do with evolution, but genetics (and since when do Christians believe in evolution? lol they're more opposed to it than Muslims)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

When my first child was born the male nurse looked at me..looked at my husband and had to ask where we were from..I said DC and my husband said NJ...my son was born with blonde hair and blue eyes.. I am Pakistani and my former husband is Black. ( I tease my son to this day and tell him I felt sorry for him and adopted him; he is the spitting image of his father..but very very light skinned).

Saalam alaikum

between my family members, I'm the dark one. all are with much fairer skin, while I'm something with Asian complexion...i think you got that.

my elder sister always used to tell me that may be i was changed with a black one. so I often tease my Mom with: oh Allah, save my mom, wherever she is now. and my mom just burst onto me...lolz....

the day when I was born: I was the only boy, who took birth, no other boys were there...all were female babies took birth. so Mom says: there are no chances of changing. even I wasnt put the tag(patient number,my mother's reg no.)...bacauseI was the only boy and that was my TAG.

I still and often say: oh, my heart is beating fast, may be my mother, somewhere in the world calling my name......my Mom says: you not get the meal..... he he

wa alaikum assalam

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:

Qadar of Allah. Be and it is.

From sky news online.

Genetics experts have been amazed by the birth of a blonde, blue-eyed white baby - to a black couple.

Proud parents: Angela and Ben Ihegboro are amazed by their daughter

Doctors insist tiny Nmachi is not an albino and neither of the parents has any mixed-race family history.

Dad Ben Ihegboro, 44, a railway customer services adviser, said: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything.

"The first thing I said was 'What the flip?'."

Nmachi, whose name means Beauty of God in the Nigerian homeland of parents Angela and Ben, was born at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent.

Doctors there told them she is not an albino.

"She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books," Ben told The Sun. "She just looks like a healthy white baby."

Ben added: "Of course, she's mine. My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist. But even then, what's with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University, said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

He said that both parents would have needed some form of white ancestry for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

"The hair is extremely unusual," Prof Sykes said. "Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

Some form of unknown mutation was the most likely explanation, he added.

The couple, of Woolwich, south London, have two other children, four-year-old Chisom and sister Dumebi, two.

Mum Angela, 35, told the paper: "Nmachi's colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby. But still, what on earth happened here?"

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/St...ck_Couple_Who_Have_White_Baby_Nmachi_Ihegboro

Wow, mashallah, very beautiful story. Whats the authentication? Anyway I believe it is a genetic manipulation. Something must of influenced that.

arzafar

i dont see any reason why it cannot happen unless one follows evolution like a Christian.

oh well that didnt come out quite right. cmon boy whats happening to you??

edit:
i dont see any reason why it cannot happen unless one follows evolution like a Catholic follows his denomination.

translation:
evolution and genetics are inherently related. natural selection would predict a black child because the genes are from a black couple. and they werent exactly living in a sea of milk or under 1000kw bulb to cause some kind of dna mutation for the fetus to turn white and have golden hair. maybe father was different but that possibility has been addressed already.

But the child turns out white. Offcourse they will call it as an exception, unexpected mutation or whatever except that this is fairly common phenomena. I mean the disparity between the skin color or other characteristics between the child and his parents may not be as clear but iv'e seen this happen. hell even i was born with golden hair. sister aapa also mentioned one case.

natural selection = one epic fail!
why dont they get back to the drawing board instead of persisting with the century old theory? I mean it's just a few percentage points better than tossing the coin i guess.