Born Muslim VS Revert Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenGiove

:salam2:

I think the intention of this thread is not to compare who has an easier time following Islam or who is the better Muslim...I think the intention is to share the experiences of born Muslims and Revert Muslims.

You know that expression "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"? Well, having a born Muslim share their personal experience and struggles (or lack there-of) having grown up surrounded by Islam with a Revert Muslim who has the background of other beliefs (or lack there-of) is VERY beneficial! How are revert Muslims to know of the struggles that "born" Muslims go through?..and vice versa! Born Muslims may have pre-conceived ideas about the struggles of Revert Muslims.

By sharing those pre-conceived ideas so that if anything needs to be corrected, it can! The experience of sharing our experiences draws us closer together and helps cement the bonds.

This wasn't a "who's better" thread....its a "what is your experience and how do you view the experience of others" thread....

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

I was thinking about this hadith:

The Prophet :saw2: said, "The best people are those of my generation, and then those who will come after them (the next generation)"

The first generation (the best) were all reverts.

Assalamu alaykum

The first generation were not all "reverts". There were a lot of Sahaba born during the time of the Prophet (s). Abdullah ibn Zubayr (radhiyallahu anhu) one of the most famous ones born after the Hijrah.

Jazak Allahu khayr

- I am going to close this topic, I will do so with a hadith, which will put this topic to rest.

In a hadith in Bukhari, the Prophet (s) said:

“Whoever Allah wishes good for, he grants them understanding of the Deen.”

In the explanation of the Hadith, Imam Ibn Hajr relates several of the Salaf, including Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah), who state that this understanding of the Deen is that of the Manhaj of Ahlul Hadith. i.e. Those people who stick to the Quran and the blessed Sunnah of the Messenger (s) .

This is what we together should strive for. It is a necessity for us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.