Brand new to Islam

Akia

Hi...I am a brand new convert (revert) to Islam..I came to this point mostly through self-study and prayer and some invaluable help from some online brothers and sisters..I have said the Shahada alone to Allah but I am not sure where to go from here..I am a little shy and am nervous about going to my local mosque by myself for the first time..any suggestions on my next steps would be most welcome!!

Thank you, Laura

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom

We are happy that Allah brought a sister to the family, May Allah portect you and increase your Iman (Faith). What you can do is to call the the Masjied and ask if they have a sister who you could speak with, and if there isnt any sister speak with the imam and tell him that you would like to come to masjied and declear your shahada in front of other sisters. insahAllah they will take care of the rest.

Dont forget to make Duaa for Muslim ummah in these hard situations.

Wa salaam alikom

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
mashallah :) allah ho akbar :) welcome to Islam sister ... may Allah (swt) reward you in huge amount for becoming a muslim and help you be a role model to muslims
take care :)
your brother
Shaheer

a_stranger

You are most welcome sister .....Islam is a world of sincere faith, love, purity, justice, brotherhood, equality,humblness, truth ..........all that our humanity needs.

yusuf_pal

Salaam,

MashaALLAH
Welcome to the religion of peace.
May ALLAH reward you.

Naturally many new reverts are shy or afraid to make their first visit to the mosque.
Once you meet a few muslims, InshaALLAH your hesitation will disappear.
Also, don’t worry about not doing everything perfectly from the start, as no one expects a new Muslim to learn everything over night.
Do not be shy in learning and understanding this beautiful deen.

"Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." [2:277]

FOR US

YOU MUST NOT BE AFRAID BECAUSE GOD WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU beside all of us here with you. we are your sisters and brothers, so if you want any help just write it your problem and i will try to give you the best answer your nwe sister 4 US.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum dear Sis

:SMILY206: to TTI and ISLAM hope you enjoy your stay in ISLAM. may ALlah Almighty bless you with true happiness amiin..:) there is absolutly nothing to be shy about Sis. you need to go to the masjid for that is the best place to get help from. i know how it feels when you are new to something but believe in your self Sis. having a community is the best thing and i hope they welcome you. BRAVERY comes first..:)

:hearts::hearts:

wasalam

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
Hi...I am a brand new convert (revert) to Islam..I came to this point mostly through self-study and prayer and some invaluable help from some online brothers and sisters..I have said the Shahada alone to Allah but I am not sure where to go from here..I am a little shy and am nervous about going to my local mosque by myself for the first time..any suggestions on my next steps would be most welcome!!

Thank you, Laura

please visit sunnahfollowers.net

http://www.islamreligion.com

thedeenshow.com

and visit a moque!!

lol islamrelgion will help the most as it has live help via a chat box with a iman who helps with shadas and pairing you up with sisters in your area!

mashaAllah

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Thank you, Laura

:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum Sister Laura,
Welcome to the true religion of the creator of the heavans and the earth, Islam. It is soooo nice to see you post.
Sister if you want any help and visit a mosque then call 1-877-WHY-ISLAM
Someone InshaAllah will help you and arrange the visit to the nearest mosque. For sisters they will find a sister to provide help.
Welcome again sister.
Wassalam.
:wasalam:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Well see if you can find any sisters :inshallah: and they may be able to help you out...
Welcome dear sister to Islam you have entered a family and taken a step towards Allah (i dont mean this literally) but watch how Allah runs towards you

BigAk

Thank you, Laura

Salam alaikum Laura... This is the happiest news I've heard today.. Welcome to Islam; the religion of truth. I have found a mosque in Denver Colorado:

An Nur Masjid
PO Box 24653
Denver - Colorado - 80224
Phone: (303) 759-1985

Would you please share with us how you've finally arrived at accepting Islam? I've always been very intregued by the inspiring stories of our new brothers and sisters... :D

fada_all

salamo allahi alaiki dear sister Laura

u r so welcomed here betw ur sisters and brothers too.here u can find answers to all ur questions ?? we r ready to for any help ..surely u will insha allah enjoy ur stay here ..
salam alikom

yasin67

assalamalaikoum dear sister
Welcome to Islam and TTI forum.We are very pleased to have you here.I am sure you can find some sisters around your place.SOme of them must be reverts like you.So just tell them you want to learn more about Islam.They will welcome you inshallah.

Akia

Thank you all!

Thank you all who responded with such kind words and good advice..I have talked to someone who is going to introduce me to a sister here in Denver - hopefully I should hear within the next few days! Thank you again for the nice welcome from such nice people :) Laura

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
welcome to the lovely religion islam ..we all are very happy to see you reverting to islam ..well welcome to tti also .....
your beloved sister
:blackhijab:

asslamualaikum