Building Bridges

ripefig

:salam2:

By trying to build bridges some of us compromise the purity of our faith. We look to build bridges when the bridge is already there. The bridge of Islam. We don't have to produce silly movies or go into extreme debates to attract people to our faith. All we have to do is to practice our Deen in the correct way. It is inevitable that some, maybe many will reject it as the people of Noah rejected him and his message.However, there will be some who will be guided by Allah most high.

When angel Jibreel (Gabriel) peace be upon him said to our Prophet :saw: "Iqra" (read/recite) the world was changed forever. It was the beginning of Islam as we know today. The Arab tribes who were at war with each other became, not just friends but Brothers. They abandoned many evil customs and loved each other for the sake of Allah. Islam spread to all parts of the planet even until today. Seen as a threat many tried and is still trying to destroy this Deen. Islam continues to grow despite their efforts because non could fight Allah most high and be victorious. The job of the messengers were only to give the message and guidance depends on Allah alone. We as followers sometimes want to go above our duty and do more than just spreading the true message. May Allah guide us all. This is just my thought this week and I felt like writing and posting it. If I made any mistakes I apologize and I ask Allah to forgive me. May Allah unite our hearts and help us to enjoin what is right and forbid what is evil. :wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

Thanks, yes you are correct. We must bring forward the Quran and Hadith. Thats all that is required.

Allah is the one who guides people. People must be sincere and willing to want to learn Islam as it is.

A few days ago someone approached me, an Arab Muslim living in Canada. He said that this website is setup wrong. First he said the name was wrong. That people will think that this website is run by Muslims. *rolls eyes*.. .then he said that we must present Islamic information as if it was written by non-Muslims. That the website must be "secular" in style.

But, why? Furthermore he told me he drank alcohol. As if that strengthens his opinion. Nope, it doesnt.

We must teach Islam, Learn Islam. live Islam exactly as Allah revealed in the Quran and how the Prophet:saw: taught us. i.e. upon the Quran and Sunnah.

The most important foundation for us all to learn and always strengthen is that of Tawheed. Everything has its roots in Tawheed, believing in the unity of Lordship, Allah's unity in deserving to be worshipped, and affirming and believing in all of Allah's names and attributes. This is what is meant by having correct belief in Allah.

When we feel saddened or depressed, this can be due to our lack in Iman and little understanding of Tawheed.

"And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed."</I><BR>[Surah Al-Ma’idah – Ayah 23.]

Our belief can be strengthened by having firmer belief in Tawheed, by knowing Allah. By turning to Allah and asking only him for forgiveness and for mercy.

Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me, Allâh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Quran 3:31)

We should know Allah is Al-Rahman and Al-Raheem, we must look at his names and attributes. What they mean, what did Allah reveal to us in the Quran and what did the Messenger::saw: teach us?

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has one hundred parts of mercy, of which He sent down one between the jinn, mankind, the animals and the insects, by means of which they are compassionate and merciful to one another, and by means of which wild animals are kind to their offspring. And Allaah has kept back ninety-nine parts of mercy with which to be merciful to His slaves of the Day of Resurrection.”
Muslim, al-Tawbah, 6908.

Allah is the Most Merciful and he is the creator of Mercy on this earth.

So, having correct Tawheed and Aqeedah is extremely Important, and this is something we must put at the front. It is the banner which Islam began with, and it must be one that is carried till yawm al qiyama (Day of judgement).

It is with these correct beliefs that we can be united and be strong against those who try and destroy Islam. It is with this strong foundation that the Muslims can have wisdom and understand Islam properly. For Islam is the moderate, easiest and best way only when followed according to its original teachings, i.e. the Quran and the authentic Sunnah of his Messenger :saw:.

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

So, If anyone wants to give da'wah and explain Islam, they must do so by having firm understanding of Tawheed and calling people to that.

Noor to shine

:salam2: brothers
I think that most of the problems our world is suffering today is because of the bad example muslems gives by not representing their Islam as it should be ...we muslems need to study Islam and try to learn the morality of the prophet Mohammad salla Allah alihi wa sallam and practise it in our life to give a bright atractive example for Islam. But when people see many muslems do Haram and when don`t care about the abc of Islam them how can people see the Truth?

Kayote

:salam2: brothers
I think that most of the problems our world is suffering today is because of the bad example muslems gives by not representing their Islam as it should be ...we muslems need to study Islam and try to learn the morality of the prophet Mohammad salla Allah alihi wa sallam and practise it in our life to give a bright atractive example for Islam. But when people see many muslems do Haram and when don`t care about the abc of Islam them how can people see the Truth?

Salam, I totally agree with this. That is the main crust of the problem. Our own attitude, our understanding of Islam, our practise of Islam & application of Islam.

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Wa jaa al haqqu wa zahaqal batel

Jazakallah brothers. Beutifully said. May allah bless you all.
The ultimate aim is to raise the name of allah on his earth. we should do this according to the teachings of prophet (peace and blessings be upnon him).
Being a muslim (mumin) is a continuous struggle as shaitan is constantly after our destruction. We should not only remember those who have not yet received the message of haq (truth), but also remembr to seek hidayah day in and day out. We should live life of humility, fear the wrath of allah and hope for his mercy and spread the call to allah with our words and actions. And let the enemies of allah plan what they plan as allah is the best of planners.

wassalam