Can Allah punish relatives due to his sins?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

ppl in our part says that family can get affected due to sins of the family's member.

eg. when a person gets in trouble, ppl say that its possible that Allah is punishing him as his father hurted so-so few years ago.

or person killed somebody and he is jailed. due to that his family became poor. does that mean his family is suffering due to his sins?

does it have any base in Quran and sunnah?

bcoz i read that Allah will not ask me about the actions of others.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

ppl in our part says that family can get affected due to sins of the family's member.

eg. when a person gets in trouble, ppl say that its possible that Allah is punishing him as his father hurted so-so few years ago.

This is similar to the doctrine of original sin...there is no such basis in Islam unless somebody more knowledgable can tell me.

island muslim

Bluntly NO

:salam2:

The blunt answer is no.

Proof:

“…No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another…” (Quran 6:164)

Also

"That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another."
Quran Verse 38, Surah An Najm

Enough proof brother

shemna

Assalamualikum
Shall I quote the reverse?
Do I get rewards of the good deeds of my relatives?

I was just curious to know.

or person killed somebody and he is jailed. due to that his family became poor. does that mean his family is suffering due to his sins?

fada_all

salam alikum dear akhi ahmed,

conserning your question akhi , no each one will be judge by his action no what his parents of family's member has done...

allah konws more
salam alikum

safiya58

jazak Allahu ckair brother Ahmed_indian for this interesting topic. this question I asked myself too.

even I read the comments of the brothers/sisters I´m confused.

cuz alot of things that happened came to my mind....

there was a lady she told me about how her fiance with whom she wanted to marry married another girl... just like that and leave her in the lurch... she was upset of course and she wished him to have a daughter...! and his first child was a girl... and she was born dumb...!

there is also a hadith saying to the men live chaste so that your women live chaste too... sorry I´m not aware wich one it is...

there is a men... he had alot of haram relationship with women and treat his wife not well and later sth very bad happened to his own daughters...! why is that then....?

:wasalam:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh brothers and sisters in Faith.

Well Ahmed Bhai, the answer to your question like everyone's is No.

And Alhamdulillah, I remembered something important:

When a person does something bad, and then his family gets a calamity befalling on them, it has NOTHING to do with what their family member did, because Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla says:

"Nothing happens in the Heavens and the Earth except that it has been decreed in a record, before it has happened. This is so that you do not feel upset or depressed (over what has befallen upon you), nor that you get extremely proud of yourself. Verily, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla does not like the boastful trangressor."

Surah Hadid-Ayet 21-23​

And the meaning of these Ayets along with this one:

island muslim said:
"That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another."
Quran Verse 38, Surah An Najm

Concludes this:

That Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla has already destined what is going to happen to us, and that there is NOTHING that would or will make him change that, even if a person does something evil, and something bad happens to his family as a result of that has NOTHING to do with what that person did, but that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla's command has been made that the family will go through some difficulties and trials.

And Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla knows best.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

jazak Allahu ckair brother Ahmed_indian for this interesting topic. this question I asked myself too.

even I read the comments of the brothers/sisters I´m confused.

cuz alot of things that happened came to my mind....

there was a lady she told me about how her fiance with whom she wanted to marry married another girl... just like that and leave her in the lurch... she was upset of course and she wished him to have a daughter...! and his first child was a girl... and she was born dumb...!

there is also a hadith saying to the men live chaste so that your women live chaste too... sorry I´m not aware wich one it is...

there is a men... he had alot of haram relationship with women and treat his wife not well and later sth very bad happened to his own daughters...! why is that then....?

Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister Safiyah.

What I can understand from those events, is that, like what I have said above, that everything that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla WANTS to happen, WILL happen, no matter what, and it does NOT happen for or because of ANYBODY, and from these situations, what I can understand from these is that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla puts a trial infront of a person, in order that the truth comes from their heart, and into their following actions (meaning that he tests someone to see what they will do, and whatever they do, whether if that is being ungrateful to him or being patient and grateful to him, then THOSE happen depending on what is in the person's heart, if they are a REAL Mumin or not).

abu'muhammad

may Allah reward you . but its necessary to give dawah in a good manner, to these people - to leave evil 'if they are still doing it'.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazaak Allah khair all of you.

so i think 2 important things are derived:

1. Allah will not punish someone due to other's sins.

2. if some family member suffers, thats his/her test and not the effect of another member's sins.

and Allah knows best

safiya58

Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister Safiyah.

What I can understand from those events, is that, like what I have said above, that everything that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla WANTS to happen, WILL happen, no matter what, and it does NOT happen for or because of ANYBODY, and from these situations, what I can understand from these is that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla puts a trial infront of a person, in order that the truth comes from their heart, and into their following actions (meaning that he tests someone to see what they will do, and whatever they do, whether if that is being ungrateful to him or being patient and grateful to him, then THOSE happen depending on what is in the person's heart, if they are a REAL Mumin or not).

jazak Allahu ckair brother for your answer

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum
Shall I quote the reverse?
Do I get rewards of the good deeds of my relatives?

I was just curious to know.
it depends .for example if u teach quran to one of ur relative and each time he/she reads the quran thought by u,u will get rewards.and if u do dawah to someone and that person follow islam and every good things he/she does will be rewarded to u as well.u can see now how fair enough islam is.if u do something good Allah multiply ur rewards till u cant even count them with fingers.but if u do bad things,He will give u sometime to repent and ask forgiveness.i hope i hv said right.Allah knows the best.