Can I pray in english?

zainali

assalamualikum
no brother when u offer namaz u have to do that in arabic not any other language , but having said that u can look into the translation and know what ur reading in arabic

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

Allah (SWT) hears prayers in all language. You need to learn the arabic because it is the language of the Quran and also we muslims are supposed to be united and praying in the same language helps us to become more united. I hope this helped and if I have said something wrong may Allah(SWT)forgive me.
When I pray I say the verse in arabic and then in english.:D

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
My personal opinion is that Allah understands all languages but we should pray in Arabic in Salaat since we do not want even the MINOREST change to our Holy Scripture (The Holy Quran has been kept absolutely intact for over 1500 years!).

Rashadi

Allah understands all languages but our salaats are different from what is usually meant by prayer. Salaat consists of reciting Quran and this must be in the original word for word revelation. u can pray in any language but salaat is different and has to be offered in Arabic. You can learn the Arabic meanings from translation but the salaats must eventually be offered in the original language of revelation. waleykom salaam