Can Islamic banking ease money trouble?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

Recently I began doing some reading on Islamic banking. It was so impressive to me. I realized that every major bank in the world has the same ability to function as a bank without having to get people involved with ribaa. It is my belief that more Americans and Europeans had knowledge or access to Islamic banking, they might have been able to dodge the foreclosure process. Islamic banking is so much fairer and is really what the world needs more of. Do any of you here on TTI bank with Islamic banks. I'm not really sure if there are any in my area. Do you think that Islamic banking can catch on in Europe and the US? If not, how come!
:wasalam:

Ahsen

I can't say much about islamic banking but i think that people have become more greedy.The necessities of life have increased so much that if people don't fulfill them they will stay behind from everyone.That's why we see so many protests.Greed and unequal distribution of wealth and resources.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i was hoping to hear more responses on this thread, because i really believe that islamic banking is something we should be pushing. i feel that we muslims are great at protesting and speaking up for the rights of fellow muslims. that's a beautiful thing, but it's sad that we fail to pool our resources together. we really need to work on putting more money in the pockets of other muslims. if an islamic bank opened up nearby, i'd close the account at my current bank and i'd join it.