Confusing Thoughts....

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum

Sorry for another post about problem, but this is more like a feeling. I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way.

I'm getting really tired of Facebook, Myspace, texting, trends, posers, style, artificial people, makeup, love, everything. It's all just getting so old. Todays soceity throws all of this stuff at us all the time, everyday. And it's all just getting so old, and irritating.

I think I'm turning a new leaf. I'm only a junior in high school. And now I feel like I want to change myself and change my life. I want to do new things and not follow others.

Is anyone else feeling this way? :0

ShyHijabi

Asalaam aleakum,

I don't have facebook, myspace, twitter, or any of that other stuff. I have very strong feelings about putting personal information and pictures on the web for all to see, frankly it's unsafe. I only give my email out to people who have physical interaction with me (my school, family and friends I actually know in real life). Occassionally I will email someone seeking dawa if they are referred to me by a trusted source.

I also do not have a TV and haven't had one for about 4 years. I try not to get too tangled in politics (as I believe every politician is corrupt on some level) or nationalistic loyalties.

Lately I've been researching homeopathic and alternative/natural medicine. I am trying to incorporate the "Real" natural remedies with the allopatric medicine that I know. There are some very good Islamic books written on this and I want to intergrate that as well. There is a copius amount of material you can read every day that will increase your mental and spiritual intelligence. So try to focus on these things and you will find that transient and shallow things such as "style" and "popularity" sort of fade into the background.

hana*

thankfully i do not have facebook, bebo and all the others and i do not believe that i am missing out in any way. personally I believe that it is a waste of time and we should not 'do as everybody else does'. it is good that you are feeling this way at a young age.

I wish you every success in your future endeavours

wa'alaikum asalam

arzafar

I only use facebook. i think its great way to be contact with distant friends and relatives. But you should never post any personal info online. even emails you send can be accessed. In fact some govts can now leaglly do that.

Asalaam aleakum,

Lately I've been researching homeopathic and alternative/natural medicine. I am trying to incorporate the "Real" natural remedies with the allopatric medicine that I know. There are some very good Islamic books written on this and I want to intergrate that as well. There is a copius amount of material you can read every day that will increase your mental and spiritual intelligence. So try to focus on these things and you will find that transient and shallow things such as "style" and "popularity" sort of fade into the background.

hmm..
do you know reiki? i know it works but is it Islamically correct?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
I only use facebook because it always brings me up to date with what all my friends are doing and i remind and teach people about Islam. Im a guy but i think its not too safe for women.

The only sad thing about Facebook is i see people wearing a hijab on school but they put pictures of themselves withut hijabs on facebook!!Kinda weird but its not really any of my business

MutlekM

:salam2:
I am a freshmen in high school but I aint really into all the facebook and other places. I just like to hang out with friends(not online) or play sports and go on TTI thats enough to cover my boredom.
Peace

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
yes, frankly saying i did felt that way
until i realised im not much into online stuffs anymore except for TTI or other trustworthy islamic sites
and yes i do think its a waste of time being too much into social networks - it can even caused addiction to some people
and i find my heart to be happier with doing things in real life - reading books, daily chores, going out to take some air lol
and when people ask 'Do you have facebook?' - i will completely ignore the question - even my auntie has it!
so thats my experience :)
indeed the world today is working in an irritating way - there's just too much of the worldly matters i.e too much entertainment
you absolutely doesnt need to do what everybody else around you is doing
do what is best to keep your heart chaste, clean and firm in our deen
if you're turning over the new leaf, i am 100% with you :)
take care
:wasalam:

rightpath_357

Lol- sis- I feel the same wayyy- don't feel caged up- after you see how not great it is, then you get bored. But do fun stuff!!!!!!:D

READING BOOKS! READING BOOKS!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Allaykum

Sorry for another post about problem, but this is more like a feeling. I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way.

I'm getting really tired of Facebook, Myspace, texting, trends, posers, style, artificial people, makeup, love, everything. It's all just getting so old. Todays soceity throws all of this stuff at us all the time, everyday. And it's all just getting so old, and irritating.

I think I'm turning a new leaf. I'm only a junior in high school. And now I feel like I want to change myself and change my life. I want to do new things and not follow others.

Is anyone else feeling this way? :0

BismiAllah,

well, trust me I feel the same way......I feel like taking a 'time out' from this world. I really hate the world soo much! the haraam that sorrounds me, the battle with shaytan I dont seem to ever win. My Iman drops many a times, and I know everytime that happens.....shaytan just won me over:(
todays society is our enemy! it shows us the pleasures, the beauty, and the enjoyment of this life. But the truth is, this world is ugly! harsh, and misleading. I am glad you feel this way in this age. I regret the last 17 years of my life which I wasted! and sister, now is the time to take a time out from this dunya and never look back. I feel you and I wish all the best for you.
:tti_sister:may Allah subhanahu wata'ala make the journey easy for you. ameen
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asalaam aleakum,

I don't have facebook, myspace, twitter, or any of that other stuff. I have very strong feelings about putting personal information and pictures on the web for all to see, frankly it's unsafe. I only give my email out to people who have physical interaction with me (my school, family and friends I actually know in real life). Occassionally I will email someone seeking dawa if they are referred to me by a trusted source.

I also do not have a TV and haven't had one for about 4 years. I try not to get too tangled in politics (as I believe every politician is corrupt on some level) or nationalistic loyalties.

~~BismiAllah~~

:tti_sister:May Allah increase you in Iman and taqwa dear sister!
you inspire me alot, I ask Allah to give you good in this world and the next.ameenn

purefaith012

Salam..

:bismillah1:

:hearts: dearest sister in Islam,

I'm 17 and I believe we see things nearly the same way..I used to have a friendster account which I had because of influence from friends..I was not very active...at last i realised it is quite meaningless and Im actually risking my chastity to sometime having requests from opposite gender..at last I cancelled it..and now the only account I have is yahoo email and TTI..it is much more safe and secured here as I know people who uses this site are people who seek to improve themselves and I'm proud to be one of them.. I don't see life as a medium to find love and wealth..I believe strongly, and super strong..that it is for ALLAH and to share the beauty of Islam with the whole world..I always feel pity to those hearts who haven't been touched by the greatness of ALLAH'S nuur(light)..

:SMILY34: sister,
we choose who we want to be and honestly we paint our own potrait of life..I believe your heart knows the answer sister..may ALLAH make it easy for you

:allahuakbar: