Crocodile eats Bangladesh man who sought its blessing

muslimummah

Just a brother
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080821/world/bangladesh_religion_animal

DHAKA (AFP) - A crocodile killed and devoured a 25-year-old man in Bangladesh who waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed by the animal, police said Thursday.

Inspector Humayun Kabir told AFP that Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50 kilometres (30 miles) from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where the attack happened.

Kabir said hundreds of people visit the shrine every day to offer hens and goats to the five crocodiles living in the pond. Part of the ritual also involves bathing in the water.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond," Kabir said.

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people."

Kabir said about 25 people dived into the pond following the attack on Wednesday, but could not find the man's body.

It washed ashore on Thursday and had been largely eaten, he said.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Subhan'Allah

daywalker

i have seen one of those crocodile. that was a huge one. i touched his forehead while he was sleeping and run away.

ShyHijabi

Well what did he expect? Firstly he was performing bidah and secondly, alligator don't distinguish between a human and a goat, it's all meat to them. They should shut down this "shrine" it's dangerous and stupid.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Well what did he expect? Firstly he was performing bidah and secondly, alligator don't distinguish between a human and a goat, it's all meat to them. They should shut down this "shrine" it's dangerous and stupid.

In addition, the bid`ah here amounted to shirk. Commiting shirk is of course, even worse than his actual death!

justoneofmillion

:salam2: I think he should have fed him before asking his blessing, kinda understand the crocodile because when am hungry you better search for the emergency exit sorry couldn t help it guys...As sister sarah said he was looking for trouble apparently.My grand mother used to tell me not to drink a lot of water at night when i was little .I listened and grew faster hey!stop right there .. very very very little okay! keep that in mind:SMILY286:Allahu aalam what is gonna happen to him after his death now...

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Sadly Bangladesh if full of "shrines" and "pir babas". Mostly in the village side.
They tend to have a large following amongst the superstitious Muslims who obviously believe some man can give them blessings.
I guess nowadays even though crocodiles can give blessings. :angryred:

That's Bangladesh for you.
Majority of the Muslims in Bangladesh aren't involved in these type of activities, but the minority that do indulge in bidah and shirk are a sizable group.

May Allah guide them.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^That's weird, I thought those people where really Hindu.

(And I'm wondering where my deleted post went, LoL)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
And besides brother Sharingan Bangladeshi Muslim Pride, they aren't involved in these stuff, but in many OTHER forms of Bid'ah, unfortunately. :(

But if my mental health survives by the time I pass 20, then I'll go give Dawah and shape Bangladesh up, Inshallah. And also destroy the production of Muqqsidul Muna-fiqun and Raf'i books. And also for the other ones too.

But let's not forget everyone, it's the youth that kept Islam alive, and it's them who fought in the battles with the greatest Eman (the Ansaris), and it's them who taught the later generations (the Tabi'een), and it's going to be them who stand up tall and strong till the end, Ameen.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

Died doing Shirk, Worst way to die.. worse than if he died doing any other sin,

Allah forgive him...

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^May Allah Ta Allah NEVER forgive him!

Oh Brother Mabsoot, I thought that if anyone of us knew, that would've been you and me, that "It is not fitting for the Messenger of Allah Ta Alla to ask forgivenes for those who associate partners with him, even if they may be of kin." (Ayaat of Quran) And that "Allah Ta Alla forgives any sin but Shirk, associating partners with him. "

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
And besides brother Sharingan Bangladeshi Muslim Pride, they aren't involved in these stuff, but in many OTHER forms of Bid'ah, unfortunately. :(

But if my mental health survives by the time I pass 20, then after I become a great Allamah, I'll go give Dawah and shape Bangladesh up, Inshallah. And also destroy the production of Muqqsidul Muna-fiqun and Raf'i books. And also for the other ones too.

But let's not forget everyone, it's the youth that kept Islam alive, and it's them who fought in the battles with the greatest Eman (the Ansaris), and it's them who taught the later generations (the Tabi'een), and it's going to be them who stand up tall and strong till the end, Ameen.

Yeh Bangladeshis do indulge in other forms of Bidah.
Sadly that's the state of the Muslims there.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yeh Bangladeshis do indulge in other forms of Bidah.
Sadly that's the state of the Muslims there.
And the only Bangladeshi brothers and sisters who still come here all the time on TTI include only you brother Sharingan, Me, and Sister Ruki4eva, and we have little knowledge, but we later on understand and learn the Bid'ah and the mistakes that we may have done from them.

But Inshallah all three of us will spread the word of Knowledge to our other brothers and sisters who do not turn their faces in Arrogance, and this work of cleaning up the mess and mistakes of our brothers and sisters in Islam is greater than that of the work of Jamatul Tableegh, that so many of Bangladeshi brothers and sisters so much discuss and remind about.

By the way brother, are you from Sylhet? Mashallah many brothers and sisters in Sylhet are pious, actually mainly the ones who drop everything they know from Bangladesh and start learning and acting upon what is true and correct. And that's mostly brothers and sisters who live in the UK (no offence brother, tehe....)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

This reminds me of the story of the 3 brothers who left their daughter in the hands of the righteous person as they thought she would be safe with him. In the end, he comitted Zina, murder, a lie and worst of all near is death he comitted the gravest of all sins, Shirk. Because Shaytaan came to him and said he would find refuge in him [i think], so he sought refuge from Shaytaan and died upon that. Astaghfirallaah.

I know i haven't narrated the whole story [or it could a hadeeth, i am not sure] but the point is - dieing upon Shirk is the worst way to die. I decided to check Kitab-at-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab [Rahimahullaah].

Allah the Almighty said:

"Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases. [4: 48, 116]

Prophet Ibrahim (alaahis-salaam) said:

"And keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols." [14:35]

It is narrated in the Hadith that Allah's Messenger :saw: said:

"What I fear most for you is a form of Shirk."

When asked about it, he :saw: said:

"Ar-Riya (showing off)."

Ibn Masood (radhiyallahu-anh) narrated that Prophet Muhammad :saw: said:

"Whoever dies while ascribing partners to Allah, enters the Hell-fire." (Al-Bukhari)

Muslim reports from Jabir (radhiyallaahu-anh) that Allah's Messenger :saw: said:

"Whoever meets Allah (on the Day of Judgement) not having associated anyone with Him (in worship), shall enter Paradise; and whoever meets Him having committed Shirk in any way will enter the Hell-fire."

Reference: Kitab-at-Tawheed, Chapter No.4 = Fear of Shirk (Polytheism), Pg. 32-33.

May Allah protect us from the invisible and visible Shirk and makes us among those who meet Allah on the Day of Judgement having not associated anyone with Him in worship.

Ameen.

It's amazing, when you think you have understood something, you refer back to it and you understand it more effectively. May Allah bestow upon us understanding.

Walaykum Salaam.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
By the way brother, are you from Sylhet? Mashallah many brothers and sisters in Sylhet are pious, actually mainly the ones who drop everything they know from Bangladesh and start learning and acting upon what is true and correct. And that's mostly brothers and sisters who live in the UK (no offence brother, tehe....)

Walaykum Salaam,

Brother Abdul, you know there is a Masjid which I sometimes go to when i am close-by, well it's opposite Salafi Bookstore near the town centre, which you will have heard of back in the "promised land". Anyway, there is this sweet Bangladeshi brother who i have talked to a couple of times, i don't know anybody in that Masjid, but he is lovely, his behaviour and character makes me happy inside, Alhamdu'Lillaah.

I remember i was walking back from the supermarket with some chocolate and i was crossing the road after the traffic lights had turned red and i noticed the brother and he noticed me too, lol, i gave him the Islaamic greeting which he returned in the middle of the road, so i said let's get off the road first before we get run-over. He was on the phone too, but he gave precedence to the face-to-face conversation, Alhamdu'Lillaah. Anyway, he asked me about my welfare and why i wasn't attending the Masjid - which i explained to him.

Insha'Allaah i will be going there for Taraweeh prayers in Ramadhan, but let's see what unfolds, Insha'Allaah he will be there.

I thought i would share that with you. :)

Oh, i hope saying "promised land" isn't taken the wrong way or deemed to be offensive.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

daywalker

i have seen one of those crocodile. that was a huge one. i touched his forehead while he was sleeping and run away.

i haven´t been there as a foreigner.

ANd the reason for being pious was, a lot of schoalr used to do dawah work in shylet , and a lot of great schoalrs are burried in this district. So their effort must show some effects.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
And the only Bangladeshi brothers and sisters who still come here all the time on TTI include only you brother Sharingan, Me, and Sister Ruki4eva, and we have little knowledge, but we later on understand and learn the Bid'ah and the mistakes that we may have done from them.

But Inshallah all three of us will spread the word of Knowledge to our other brothers and sisters who do not turn their faces in Arrogance, and this work of cleaning up the mess and mistakes of our brothers and sisters in Islam is greater than that of the work of Jamatul Tableegh, that so many of Bangladeshi brothers and sisters so much discuss and remind about.

Saalam,

I'm from Noakhali.
When you do go to Bangladesh to preach, let me know brother, Insallah I will do everything I can do to help, if you ever need any.
Do you know of Delwar Hussein Sayyedi is a Sunni? Just curious because he is very influential there.
It always baffled me why influential people like Delwar Hussein never address these topics of shirk, bidah, etc...,
Instead they mostly talk about Hereafter.

May Allah make you a great scholar!
:D