Darul Ulum Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

:) the topic really shifted Alhumdulilah i have nothing against that but if soomeone has information regarding durul ulum online :) plz post that as well

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
i think we should be united here at this forum. i am having deobandi school of thought and still exists here. we should bear each other and MUST not criticise anyone. it is my request to all including moderators. i am an active member of this group and you will not find my any post having criticism on others beliefs.
so please think over it.
wasalam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
What is Deoband

Deoband is a name of a town in North India.

In this town there is an University called "Darul Uloom Deoband". The students who graduate from there are called Qasmi.

Initially only the people who were from this town were called Deobandis. Just like people from Isfahaan are called Isfahaani or people from Makkah are called Makki.

But, over period of time the influence of this institution on the Islamic studies in Indian subcontinent has grown and "Deobandi" now means people who follow/believe/propogate the Islamic understanding of this institution or "Deobandi School of thought".

So, today a person himself "Deobandi" even if he is basically not from Deoband nor studied in the Darul Uloom in Deoband if:
1. He has studied in some other School anywhere in the World which follows the Deobandi School of though.
2. Follows deobandi School of thought.

What is Deobandi "School of thought**" ?

This can be best answered in a letter written to the Rulers of Makkah when a Scholar of Deoband (**Khalil Ahmad Saharanpuri) had gone for Hajj (around 1325 Hijri) and was asked to explain their School of thought.

This was because the Ruler of Makkah (probably Sharief husayn) was falsely told that these Deobandi people dis-respect the Awliyaa of Allah.

So, the Scholars of Makkah asked him to answer 26 questions. Following is part of the response which explains what is Deobandi School of thought

- In trivial matters we are Hanafi.
- In Usool and Aqeedah we are Ash'ari and Maturidi.
- In Sufism we are followers of
a) Nashbandiyah.
b) Chishtiyah.
c) Qadriyah.
d) Saharwardiyyah etc.

He also said that we believe in Quran and Sunnah and Ijmaa though.

**The word "School of thought" can be found right on the first page page of its english Website of the Darul Uloom Deoband Website

**Khalil Ahmad Sharanpuri is Teacher of:
1. Muhammad Ilyas Kandhalvi (Founder of Tableegh Jamaat)
2. Zakariya Kandhalvi (Author of Fazeel E Aamaal)

Khalil Ahmad Sharanpuri is a Student of:
Rashid Ahmad Gangogohi

and Rashid Ahmad Gangohi is a Student of:
ImdaadUllah Muhaajir Makki

Deobandis, Hayati and Mamati

Deobandis are divided into two groups

1. Hayati
2. Mamati

Hayati Deobandis believe that Prophet :saw: us Alive in his grave and hence asking for help from him is allowed.

Mamati Deobandis believe that Prophet :saw: has died.

Syllabus in the Deoband

Logic and Phillosophy is taught, but all 6 books of hadith are taught all at once in in one year! (in the final year).

‘Aqeedah al-Tahhaawiyyah (what is it ?) is taught in the Madrasas of Deoband, and it a good book which contains the Aqeedah of Ahl Us Sunnah.

But, it is taught with the interpretation of Saadu-deen Taftazani which has Aqeedah of Phillosophical maturidis.

Refer to syllabus on their website.

Deobandis vs Imaam Abu Haneefah and Qadhi Abu Yusuf on where is Allah?

It is Aqeedah of Ahl-Us-Sunnah that Allah is above the Arsh.

Proofs from Quran and Sunnah that Allah is above Creation and above 'Arsh

Believing Allah to be above the Creation and on the 'Arsh is not a trivial matter, because it was based on this belief Prophet :saw: declared one Slave girl to be a Believer.

Mu'awiyah as-Sahmi reported: "I had some sheep which I kept between Uhud and Juwaniyyah with a slave-girl to look after them. One day, I went out to check on my sheep and discovered that a wolf had devoured one of them. Since I am just a human, (I became angry) and struck the girl. Later on, I came to the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and reported to him the incident. He terrified me with the gravity of my action. I said, 'Messenger of Allaah'! Shall I free her (as an expiation of my sin.) He said 'Call her over'. When I did, he asked her, 'Where is Allaah?' She said, 'Above the heavens'. Then he asked her, 'Who am I?' She said, 'The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam'. Thereupon, the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ordered me, 'Free her. She is a believer'."

- Saheeh Muslim

Imaam Abu Haneefah’s Allah yarhamhu Fatwa is that whoever say Allah is everywhere is a Kaafir.

However, the Deobandis believe that Allah is everywhere. So much for following Imaam Abu Haneefah???!

Also, Qadhi Abu Yusuf Allah yarhamhu a student of Imaam Abu Haneefah Allah yarhamhu, declared Amnsoor Al Hallaj to be a Kaafir and to be exceuted because of his belief that Allah is everywhere. Mansoor Al Hallaj was executed on the order of Qadhi Yusuf Allah yarhamhu.

However, Deoband Scholars consider Mansoor Al Hallaj to be a great Wali and saint.

Who was Mansoor Al Hallaj?

When asked how then Abu Yusuf Allah yarhamhu declared him to be a Kaafir and executed ?

If they agree with fatwa of Qadhi Abu Yusuf Allah yarhamhu and declare Mansoor Al Hallaj to be a Kaafir, then lot of their Scholars who have praised Mansoor Al Hallaj will be in Soup.

And they can’t disagree with Fatwa of Qadhi Abu Yusuf Allah yarhamhu because of his status in Hanafi Madhhab.

Such an awkward situation brings an answer which is a very good example of their creative ta’weel (interpretation).

They say “Masoor Al Hallaj’s tongue commited Kufr so he needs to be executed, but he was not a Kaafir by heart! “LOL.

Deobandis and Ibn ‘Arabi (Who was Ibn ‘Arabi )

Deobandi Scholars consider Ibn ‘Arabi as great Sufi saint and Wali of Allah.
In fact, in many many of their books they refer him by the title of “Shaykh Al Akbar” i.e.
The GREATEST SHAYKH :astag:

Ibn ‘Arabi used to believe that Allah is everywhere and because of his belief has was refuted mby Scholars of Ahl-Us-Sunnah.

Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimhullah was prominent in his refutation.

Deobandis Scholars criticize Shaykh Ul Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah and call him “majjasim” because he believes Allah is above the ‘Arsh.

Deobandi Scholars like Anwar Shah Kashmiri and other have all along been have criticizing these scholars.

Deobandis and their Oxymoronic Position with Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn ‘Arabi

However, the later Scholars of Deobandi (like Qari Tayyib) hold an oxymoronic position that they hold Ibn ‘Arabi and Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah with same respect.

It is very clear to anyone who knows Ibn ‘Arabi and Ibn Taymityyah Rahimullah, how oxymoronic this statement of “same respect” to both of them is.

InshaAllah! couple of above examples should be sufficient to prove to one who is sincerely looking for information that Deobandis are not upon the Hanafi Aqeedah or Aqeedah of Ahl Us Sunnah.

Please notice how less the above has got to Fiqh of Hanafi Madhhab and how less the Deobandis agree on Aqeedah with Imaam Abu Haneefah Rahimahullah.

References

Lecture of Dr. Murtaza Baksh (who has studied under Shaykh Rabi, Shaykh Muhsin Al Abbad, Shaykh Saleh Al Fawzaan etc)

Audios of the Lecture(it's in urdu):
A Call to Contemplate - Refutation of the Deobandi Sect (The Principles of Deobandiyyah and their Refutation) 1

A Call to Contemplate - Refutation of the Deobandi Sect (The Principles of Deobandiyyah and their Refutation) 2

A Call to Contemplate - Refutation of the Deobandi Sect (The Principles of Deobandiyyah and their Refutation) 3

A Call to Contemplate - Refutation of the Deobandi Sect (The Principles of Deobandiyyah and their Refutation) 4

Book in English "Tableegh Jamaat And the Deobandis, A Critical Analysis of their Beliefs" <-- Click

Status
Not open for further replies.