Do Jews and Christians go to Heaven?

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:salam2:

As salaamu aleykom Brothers and Sisters in Islam.

I haven't found an upright answer to this question. Do Jews and Christians go to Heaven? Because in Surat 5:69 it says

Those who believe (in the Qur-ān),
Those who follow the Jewish (scriptures),
And the Sabians and the Christians,—
Any who believe in God
And the Last Day,
And work righteousness,—
On them shall be no fear,
Nor shall they grieve.

Does this mean Jews and Christians go to Heaven too? Jazaaka Allahu khair for responses.

auroran

Only the ones that followed their prophets. Those religions aren't the ones we should be following because it's only for those people for that time. .

They have to move on to our beloved Prophet :saw:.

salahdin

Here is your answer brother.

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

There is no Salvation Except through Faith in the Qur'an

Allah says: O Muhammad, say,

[يَـأَهْلَ الْكِتَـبِ لَسْتُمْ عَلَى شَىْءٍ]​

(O People of the Scripture! You have nothing...) meaning no real religion until you adhere to and implement the Tawrah and the Injil. That is, until you believe in all the Books that you have that Allah revealed to the Prophets. These Books command following Muhammad and believing in his prophecy, all the while adhering to his Law. Before, we explained Allah's statement,

[وَلَيَزِيدَنَّ كَثِيراً مِّنْهُم مَّآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ طُغْيَـناً وَكُفْراً]​

(Verily, the revelation that has come to you from your Lord makes many of them increase in rebellion and disbelief.)

[فَلاَ تَأْسَ عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَـفِرِينَ]​
(So do not grieve for the people who disbelieve), Do not be sad or taken aback by their disbelief. Allah said next,

[إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ]​

(Surely, those who believe) referring to Muslims,

[وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ]​

(those who are the Jews) who were entrusted with the Tawrah,

[وَالصَّـبِئُونَ]​

(and the Sabians. ..) a sect from the Christians and Magians who did not follow any particular religion, as Mujahid stated. As for the Christians, they are known and were entrusted with the Injil. The meaning here is that if each of these groups believed in Allah and the Hereafter, which is the Day of Judgement and Reckoning, and performed good actions, which to be so, must conform to Muhammad's Law, after Muhammad was sent to all mankind and the Jinns. If any of these groups held these beliefs, then they shall have no fear of what will come or sadness regarding what they lost, nor will grief ever affect them. We discussed a similar Ayah before in Surat Al-Baqarah [2:62].

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

tariq353

Can a non-muslim enter paradise, for example, a Christian who believes in God (believing Jesus is a prophet) and his prophets, excluding Mohammad ?

Praise be to Allaah.

The answer to this question is presumably quite clear to all Muslims, because it is one of the obvious matters of ‘aqeedah (belief).

In answer to this question, it is sufficient to quote one aayah and one hadeeth.

The aayah is (interpretation of the meaning): "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

The hadeeth is: "By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Saheeh, 153).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/727/jew or christian heaven

wa salam

:)

tariq353

Attitude of Islam towards other religions
I have some questions about Islam, could you explain them for me? What does Islam say about people of other religions? Are all non-Muslim people regarded as sinners because they do not follow Allaah and Islam? Can any non-Muslim person enter Paradise without following Islam?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The ruling of Islam concerning other religions is that they are all either fabricated and false, or abrogated.

The fabricated and false religions are those like the ancient Arabian practise of worshipping idols and stones.

The abrogated religions are those which were taught by the Prophets who came before our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). They are valid in that their origins are from Allaah, but Islam came and took their place, not with regard to basic beliefs such as the existence of God, the angels, Paradise and Hell, for these are matters which all the Messengers have in common, but there are differences between them with regard to ways of worshipping and drawing close to Allaah by means of prayer, fasting, pilgrimage, alms, etc. The later followers of the Prophets have fallen into deviations of belief and shirk, but Islam came to point that out and bring people back to the correct belief taught by the earlier Prophets.

It was narrated that Abu’l-Darda’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: ‘Umar brought some pages of the Tawraat to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, these are some pages of the Tawraat which I took from a brother of mine from Banu Zurayq.” The expression of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) changed, and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Zayd – who had been shown the adhaan [in a dream] – said, “Has Allaah taken away your mind? Do you not see the expression on the face of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?” ‘Umar said, “We are pleased with Allaah as our Lord and with Islam as our religion and with Muhammad as our Prophet and with the Qur’aan as our guide.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) relaxed [?}, and said, “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if Moosa were to come among you and you were to follow him and leave me, you would have gone far astray. You are my share among the nations and I am your share among the Prophets.” (Narrated by Ahmad, 15437).

Ibn Hajar said:

All the isnaads of this hadeeth are such that they could not be taken as evidence individually, but when taken together they prove that this hadeeth is correct. (Fath al-Baari, 13/525).

The evidence for that is the verse in which Allah says (interpretation if the meaning):

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

Imam al-Tabari said in his commentary on this verse:

What Allaah means by that is that whoever looks for a religion other than Islam to follow, Allaah will never accept that from him, “and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” meaning, one of those who deprived themselves of their share of the mercy of Allaah.”

(Tafseer al-Tabari, 3/339)

Islam does not regard them (followers of other religions) only as sinners, but as kaafirs (disbelievers) who will abide forever in the Fire of Hell, as stated in the verse quoted above.

He (the kaafir) will be a loser in Hell, and will not come of out it. It is not possible for a kaafir to enter Paradise unless he becomes Muslim. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, those who belie Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and treat them with arrogance, for them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle (which is impossible). Thus do We recompense the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists, sinners)”

[al-A’raaf 7:40]

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One is Whose hand is my soul, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and not believe in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell.” (Narrated by Muslim).

We ask Allaah to guide the seekers of truth from other religions to look into the religion of Islam and its Book, the Qur’aan. May Allaah guide them and open their hearts to enter Islam.

Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/21534/jew or christian heaven

wa salam

:)