DO NOT POSTPONE!

abuayesha

:salam2:

Sometimes we feel that the time is moving very slow. We lose our patient and try to go fast. On another occasion we think of doing a good deed and postpone it for sometime. Thinking like the TOMORROW is in our command! If we turn the past and look into it we would find a lot deeds we postponed were never done. Like this postponing the deeds most of our time in our lives had gone with no use. That is the truth! What we earned for our Hereafter is very few!

وَالْعَصْرِ (١)إِنَّ الإِنْسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ (٢)إِلا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ (٣

By (the Token of) Time (through the Ages), (1) Verily Man is in loss, (2) Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy. (3)
(Al-Qur’an 103:1-3)

This small chapter in the Qur’an reveals a truth in a big scale. The time is passing by each second. Together with that our life too is passing. Mostly we do not feet this fact. Contrary to that whoever did good deeds and credited them in their accounts are the people who are victors. They are the people kept the time in their command.

Keeping postponed a good word and a good deed, “to be told later” and “to be done later” the time will never come.

Abdullah Ibnu Omar (May Allaah’s mercy be upon him) narrated: Allaah’s Apostle (Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

Live like a nomad or a traveler in this world. Remember the people who are dead and now in the graves. When you wake up in the morning do not think that you would be alive till the evening. If reach the evening do not think that you would be alive till the following morning. Before you get sick use your healthy period; before the death comes have your life useful. O Abdullaah! You do not know your name tomorrow (Abdullaah or corps.) (Reported by Jaami uththirmidhi – 2255)

If we were given with a sack of paddy and a field for sowing it what will we do? Bearing in mind our future needs we expect to plough the yield? We would not just throw the paddy here and there and wait for yield. If we do that we would lose what we expected from it.

Every second in our life is just like a grain! Islaam teaches us to sow it in a way so that we will plough the yield in the Hereafter.

We shall postpone the unnecessary actions, harsh words, and mockery thoughts for another day. Even if we do not get a day to do those we are not going to lose anything. But the good thoughts, beneficial actions and good words should not be postponed. We are the losers if we do not get a day in the future to do them.

These should be done then and there immediately as we may not get a chance again, Inshaa Allaah.

Wassalaam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:ma::ma:very beautiful! This is truly something we all take for granted, subhanallah.

Jazakallahu Khairan!:hearts:

Islam!!yay

But How can I do a good deed everyday. I can give zakat but only online zakat since I cant go to the mosque very often. So anyone can pls advise me to do good deeds everyday at home? thx

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

But How can I do a good deed everyday. I can give zakat but only online zakat since I cant go to the mosque very often. So anyone can pls advise me to do good deeds everyday at home? thx

brother, even a greeting or a smile is considered a charity and a good deed.
:wasalam: