Do you think muslims are playing their part?

ipanda

Hi,
Been non-muslim, i always wonder if Muslims are playin their part in convincin the world that Islam is not the "bad guy", as the media tells us. Now days, muslims have bad image in our world for they are "muslims". Ok, now, we know the cause of that but do you think the Islam-world/muslims are playin their part in changin that view? Do you think the role of ones who speak of Islam is positive or negative?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello,

Not sure which media you are watching, but Muslims do not get much of a chance to "convince the world that Islam is not the "bad guy".

It is Muslims who are often portrayed in a negative light and very rarely given a chance to explain Islam. The finger of blame perpetually points towards Muslims.

This has been the case for many years, due to the influence of Zionist politics in the Media.

Thi following is a link to Video of Professor Abdallah Schleifer an American revert to Islam from Judaism.

The history of the Negative Media Campaign against Muslims by the Zionists.

S. Abdallah Schleifer, Distinguished Lecturer in Mass Communication and Director of the Adham Center for Television Journalism at AUC, is a veteran journalist who has covered the Middle East for American and Arab media for more than 20 years.

Muslims do need to do more, they need to start from themselves, to research and learn the true teachings of Islam and act upon them. Islam itself is perfect, Muslims should not be judged based on anything they do that is not in accordance with the true teachings of Islam.

It is for Muslims not to be complacent in their beliefs. Those who observe them, should make effort to understand Muslims. Both Muslims and non-Muslims should come to agreement and cooperate with each other, as we are all human.

Allah will help us inshaAllah, there are a lot of things that we need to do, this website is part of the effort to make a change, with Allah's help. The fact that we are here and speaking to you is an example of our want to help people

hussamadin

peace be upon you
unfortunately most Muslims are not doning anything to change this view.and the governments of islamicd countries are fighting Islam because most of them are secularism governments.

BigAk

I myself have been taking a step towards correcting the image of Islam to my christian friends and those I meet. I have been making a point to engage in conversations to introduce Islam.. I am finding that almost no christian knows anything about our belief and when I introduce Islam they seem dumbfounded as if they don't believe their ears. I have been studying their bible and adapting the methodology of our beloved shaikh Ahmed Deedat, and I have been engaging myself in dialogs purposely.

Currently I am working on collecting the addresses of all the residents in my neighborhood as I'm planning on sending out a mass mailout of the booklet "Christ in Islam" by Shaikh Ahmed Deedat.

So, to answer your question, Yes; I am personally and actively working on correcting the image of Islam and educating non-muslims about our religion.

I believe if everyone does what I am doing, we can wash the cob webs off the eyes of non-muslim world.

I wish everyone would do I am doing.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I agree with the bro/sis ... some non-muslims people know you personally and are very close to u but as soon as media says something bad about the muslims they all start pointing finger you without letting u explain so not sure how muslims can do much about stereotypes and racist remarks,

ipanda

Thanks for all your quick replies. I will post back my thoughts tommorow, as i really have to know some stuff.

May the great Allah be wit u.

Sami.

salahdin

hi

ISLAM is perfect and not all muslim are perfect . There many muslims out there who are out always to defend ISLAM ,they do play their part showing what ISLAM goes for. A good example is Ahmed Deedat
He was a founder member of the Islamic Propagation Centre International (IPCI) and became its President. may ALLAH (AZA AWJALLAH) grant him paradise for what he did for ISLAM .
Dr. Zakir Naik
He is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions.Dr.
Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips .
Yusuf Estes (a former pastor)
He hold dialogs and discussion groups with all faiths and enjoy the opportunity to work alongside.
Abdullah Hakim Quick
He was a regular columnist in the Life Section of Canada’s Largest newspaper, the Toronto Star.
Abdur Rahim Green
He also delivers talks and lectures for Muslims, and concentrates on the pure teaching.
The list can go on and on.

yes their role is definetly positive

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Salaam

:salam2:

brother i agree with the brother that gave the first comment. the question is very general...im sure i don't have to tell you that the Islam in anyway is not affected by the muslims, Islam is the perfect way of life but its all about how people percieve islam, alotof them start judging islam because of the muslims now a days. For examples the brothers in my area not bgeing bad but they won't even be able to tell you the 5 pillars in order if you ask them to list it. from what i can tell you the brothers i know, to me seem like they are trying alot, they are constantly working for the sake of Allah go, always up and down the country so they can start off different dawah and hisbah activites, especially with the youth...so it depends really some muslims may not be and we ask Allah SWT to guide them and there are some who spend there evry moment in the worship of Allah. Especially the brothers of Palestine and IRAQ
:wasalam:

No, they are not. But, the reason is not always their fault. Most Muslims live under dictatorships that keep them poor and uneducated so it is hard for them to participate in public life if they are constantly worried about their daily life. Many scholars are appointed by governments, so the voices of truth and enlightenment are rare. And as if that's not enough, many Muslims became radicalized thus portraying an ugly and scary image instead of an appealing one to others.

In order to spread the good word and defend Islam and Muslims, Muslims need to launch public relations campaigns, penetrate the media, form lobbies, network and form alliances, etc. That's how every interest group has stood up for the interests of their constituents and achieved great progress of their causes. Some of that has been happening lately with Muslim activism, so there is reason to be optimistic. The biggest reason to be optimistic is our firm belief that God Himself has vowed to "complete His light even if the disbelievers hate it."

agreed...like all the muslim leaders are nothing but worshippers of money and power nowadays

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

triple that agreement soo many people can't live without money and the youth nowadays your wierd if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend (basically your wierd if you don't walk on the path of Jahannam) but Prophet :saw: said Glad tidings be to the strangers.

man i really think our time is the begining of the end

BigAk

triple that agreement soo many people can't live without money and the youth nowadays your wierd if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend (basically your wierd if you don't walk on the path of Jahannam) but Prophet :saw: said Glad tidings be to the strangers.

man i really think our time is the begining of the end

This is the most pessimistic statement I've heard about our deen and sadly it's coming from a muslim... I disagree with it as it's an ugly notion and not true at all. What is worse; is that once you and others start thinking it, writing it, and repeating it, then it is a sure way for it to happen... Don't dig your own grave my brother... On the contrary raise your head up, overcome your inferiority complex and all negative complexes in your heart... Go out there and use your tongue and apread our beautiful Islam... I urge you to abandon the thought above in red and get it out of your dictionary. You're hurting yourself, your brothers and especially the youth by thinking like this.

BigAk

Sorry my brother... I don't mean to scold you... My words are out of love.. Look at your name; SwordofAllah... It's a beautiful name... Now; LIVE BY IT AND USE IT....

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Brother don't get me wrong i didn't mean to sound sooo pesemistic but rather i just wanted to tell it how i see it in this day and age, if you live where i live then this is the situation, and this is happening almost everywhere, but me mentioning this statement doesn't mean i've given up on my brothers and sister, i will always love my brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah...don't worry i didn' take your reply to heart, alhamdulillah i'm actually quiet happy to hear you defend the deen, brother im not saying anything about our deen...rather i'm talking about the situation of the people who are in this deen...don't take it the wrong way though.
:jazaak: for complementing the name and i do plan to live by it :inshallah:, maybe you havn't been exposed to the situation the brothers over here are facing whilst doing dawah and hisbah with the community, but brother it's true what i said about people finding it wierd when one doesn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend is happening right now, theres a rate of 103 babies dieing every hour in the western civilisation, and where im from in tower hamlets the highest rate of abortions are from the muslims...i am aware there is a whole world out there so i shouldn't really be generalising to the whole world but beleive me brother i have cousins over in new york and even they are saying that the situation of muslims has become very bad. Don't worry i haven't lost hope in them though it's Allah who guides and :inshallah: Allah guides them as he has given us the ability. Prophet Muhammad :saw: said (paraphrasing) that the muslims will become like the froth of the sea (the green things that float on top) large in number but weak and float about. if we wern't like this then brothers and sisters over in afganistan palistine and iraq won't be suffering right now by the hands of the kufar.
Anyway brother im sorry if i sounded too pessimistic, i didn't mean to offend you with what i have said or anyone else who is reading this, please find it in your heart to forgive me brother if you think justifying what i wrote is wrong either if you wish i won't go on about this matter and i ask Allah to give ask the tawfiq to do more islamic work (i.e dawah and hisbah) and for the hearts of the muslims to be affected by His SWT reminder

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Sorry another thing brother :jazaak: for the advise about using my tongue...it's very much appreciated, but using the tongue and reducing in our actions is one of the many reason why we havent been able to make as much as progress as we could or shall i say should have, if you look the life of Prophet :saw: the sahabas RA, people like Hasan al banna, syed mawdudi, syed Qutub etc. it wernt just speech my brother. (please don't think im in anyway assuming that you don't do nothing, this is a reminder to myself most of all and for you and any one else reading this)
:inshallah brother i'll leave it with this please make du'a for the dawah organisation i'm a part of :inshallah: who at the moment are working all around Europe trying to revive the deen in the hearts of the youth and the community members :jazaak:
and also for all those other people that are doing the same :inshallah:

BigAk

Brother SwordofAllah.... Barak Allah bik (God bless you).. I have just read your posts and I thank you for clarifying.. I also would like to apologize for jumping on you too swiftly... I have to admit, you caught me on a day when I was feeling exceptionally optimistic and happy, and was not too ready to entertain a stifling thought even if it happened to carry some trueness in it. But, I do agree with you to an extent that we as a muslim umma have got some real heavy burdens to carry but our majority seem to be lazy, shying away, and weighted down by inferiority complexes. At one point of history I read we were on top of the world.. Today we have a lot of work to do for sure. Today; Allah only knows I am trying so hard to do as much as I can; after I had been sleeping for too long. Although I face some hard times on my own here in the US, I feel a great deal of pleasure when I win over a debate with some christian. Pray for me brother and ask Allah to help me and help our umma.

Jazak Allah khair... :)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

the problem is that we aren't putting our financial resources to get the true message of islam out there. if we have to put our own money in creating a tv network, so be it. also many muslims in many of the western countries aren't making any effort to assimilate into the societies that they are now in. it doesn't mean that they have to embrace the haram parts of those societies but show a bit more of a sense that they aren't just there for financial benefits and care about no one else. because that is the general feeling that most americans and europeans feel about immigrants especially immigrant muslims. basically, the national born citizens fear that we muslims have absolutely no loyalty to our new countries.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
salam

salam
ya Muslims do have bad image ...
but i don't think so Muslim's are playin part in it...
you beloved sister..
im sorry if i have wronged my self
:blackhijab:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Brother you are part of the hizbullah, you won't lose when it comes to these discussions with non-beleivers have faith Allah has given you knowledge, Abu darr al ghafaree turned 2 whole tribes (i think ) with just surah Ikhlaas, one ayah can melt thier hearts unless Allah has sealed there hearts.
When Umar RA was living Khalid ibn Walid RA said "so long as the son of Al-Khattab is alive, there is no room for fitna" thats the time when we had the ultimate super army but when he past away, Hudayfa RA said that the door of fitna was broken and now where in this state with some new made up sects and sum crazy people in this deen lol like micheal jackson lol but nether the less All those who beleive in LA ILAHA ILALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULALLAH will recieve victory. we'll fight the fitna using dawah Hisba and jihad or we'l die tryin :inshallah:
brother i hope i wasn't too rude before please forgive, i felt bare paranoid about me saying something wrong maybe
hope your all good, May Allah reward you for your optimistic attitude brother it really does make me happy to see such a positive attitude sometimes