Early memories of Islam

blackivy393

I was watching one of the Ummah film videos . And just had a flashback when I was 13 years old I remember making a game for school project called Pilgrimage to Mecca. and in the game,you answered questions about Islam and each question you got right had a money value, higher amounts for the more difficult questions. and the person who won the game had like 3000$ from answering questions correctly got to go to Mecca. It was really cute. lol. i was christian then, but researching Islam now, i look back at think that was cute.

does anyone else have any early accounts with Islam?

MuslimaSeattle

wow

I was watching one of the Ummah film videos . And just had a flashback when I was 13 years old I remember making a game for school project called Pilgrimage to Mecca. and in the game,you answered questions about Islam and each question you got right had a money value, higher amounts for the more difficult questions. and the person who won the game had like 3000$ from answering questions correctly got to go to Mecca. It was really cute. lol. i was christian then, but researching Islam now, i look back at think that was cute.

does anyone else have any early accounts with Islam?

asalam alikum warahmutulahi wabarakatu..

wow what school is this? i was born a muslim and went to a public school, and i don't recall learning about ISLAM but we celebrated all these christian hoildays subhanallah. I would never want my two month old baby to ever enter an american public school. Inshallah i would home-school him.

blackivy393

oh yea, i went to public middle school and highschool. and we always had 1 world history course where we studied religions too and could do projects. The school i went to was really culturally diverse and so thats probably why the curriculum looked at other's religions/cultures in detail.

dawahforever

I think your game is an awesome idea..you could market it!

One thing about an early memory of Islam is when I was a kid my mother told me that the arabs were terrible because if you got caught stealing they would cut off your hand ( I have no idea why she was telling me that!) But at the time I thought that sounds like its the right thing to do. I think I was a muslim all along....

Durriyyah

Forever Student
I think your game is an awesome idea..you could market it!

One thing about an early memory of Islam is when I was a kid my mother told me that the arabs were terrible because if you got caught stealing they would cut off your hand ( I have no idea why she was telling me that!) But at the time I thought that sounds like its the right thing to do. I think I was a muslim all along....

I remember that as well but I kept thinking that putting someone in jail for the rest of their life didn't seem much more humane.

I don't have any real early memories of Islam but I supervised a couple Muslims about 8 years ago and we actually butted heads because one guy told me needed to take a break RIGHT NOW and it made me mad so I never gave him a break. I found out later it was Ramadan... if he would have told me I would have planned out his break. Another girl would always leave for twenty minutes at a time and later I found out it was to pray... again she never told me. Anyways, I found these experiences interesting even though it was a source of conflict at the time. I still had good working relationships with both of them.