EID SAEED

khangul

your sister
:salam2:

eid mubarak to all tti members :tti_sister:.

we do not have eid today , i dont know why our mosque do not have eid today.

i would ask this would we have to celebrate eid with our mosque or with other mosques too ?

have a happy and joyous eid brothers and sisters.

10306d1284212475-eid-mubarak-eid-mubarak2.gif

Ershad

i would ask this would we have to celebrate eid with our mosque or with other mosques too ?

Eid Mubarak to you too!

I had the same doubt last year. Since, I had two different mosques nearby- Morrocan and Turkish. I don't really know what was the difference between them since they spoke in only Dutch or Arabic. I don't speak either. The turkish one had the Eid a day after the morrocan one. So I looked up this site -http://www.islamicfinder.org for the Eid-ul-Fitr in Netherlands and went to the mosque which had Eid prayer on that day.

I wish you have a great Eid-ul-Fitr too sister.

Taqabbala Allahu minna wa minkum.

Jazakallahu Khair!

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

حدثنا ‏ ‏يحيى بن يحيى ‏ ‏ويحيى بن أيوب ‏ ‏وقتيبة ‏ ‏وابن حجر ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏يحيى بن يحيى ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏وقال الآخرون ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏إسمعيل وهو ابن جعفر ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏محمد وهو ابن أبي حرملة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏كريب ‏ ‏أن ‏ ‏أم الفضل بنت الحارث ‏ ‏بعثته إلى ‏ ‏معاوية ‏ ‏بالشام ‏ ‏قال فقدمت ‏ ‏الشام ‏ ‏فقضيت حاجتها ‏ ‏واستهل ‏ ‏علي رمضان وأنا ‏ ‏بالشام ‏ ‏فرأيت الهلال ليلة الجمعة ثم قدمت ‏ ‏المدينة ‏ ‏في آخر الشهر فسألني ‏ ‏عبد الله بن عباس ‏ ‏رضي الله عنهما ‏ ‏ثم ذكر الهلال فقال متى رأيتم الهلال فقلت رأيناه ليلة الجمعة فقال أنت رأيته فقلت نعم ورآه الناس وصاموا وصام ‏ ‏معاوية ‏ ‏فقال لكنا رأيناه ليلة السبت فلا نزال نصوم حتى نكمل ثلاثين أو ‏ ‏نراه فقلت ‏ ‏أو لا ‏ ‏تكتفي برؤية ‏ ‏معاوية ‏ ‏وصيامه فقال ‏ ‏لا ‏ ‏هكذا أمرنا رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏وشك ‏ ‏يحيى بن يحيى ‏ ‏في ‏ ‏نكتفي أو ‏ ‏تكتفي

Kurayb narrates that Umm al-Fadl sent him to Mu‘āwiyah in Sham for something. Kurayb says, "I went to Sham and finished the job. I was in Sham when the month of Ramadān began and we saw the moon the night of Friday. When I reached Madinah at the end of the blessed month, Ibn ‘Abbas asked me about Sham. (After answering him) He then asked me when we saw the moon. I said, 'We saw the moon the night of Jumu‘ah.' He asked, 'Did you see it as well?' I said, 'Yes, I saw it too and many others saw it and we all kept fasting and so did Mu‘āwiyah (that is according to that moonsighting).'

Ibn ‘Abbas said, 'But we saw the moon on Saturday night, therefore, we will keep fasting for thirty days according to that unless we sight the moon on the 29th.' I asked, 'You don’t think the moonsighting of Mu‘āwiyah and his fasting is enough for you?' Ibn ‘Abbas replied, 'No, this is how the Blessed Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) taught us.'

(Muslim H.1819, Tirmiðī H.629, Nasa'i H.2084, Abū-Dāwūd H.1985, Musnad Ahmad H.2653 Dar-qutni H.2234)

then there is this:

Shaykh ‘Uthaymīn states in his fatwa:

It is well known amongst astronomers that the time the moon rises differs from place to place. The moon might be seen in one place and not in another. Therefore, according to the verse, whoever does not see it is not obliged to fast. . . . If, therefore, each place has its own ruling due to the variation in the time that the sun rises and sets, the same also applies due to the variation in the time that the moon rises and sets. . . .
Therefore, the answer to the question is clear. It is obligatory for you to follow the sighting of the new moon in the place where you are. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymīn
al-Aqalliyāt al-Muslimah - Page 84, Fatwa No.23

Shaykh Adil Salahi:

http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=5&...=12&m=9&y=2006

the point is that its sunnah to determine whether the next month has begun by sighting the moon & NOT through calculations.
another point is that if the Shawaal moon is sighted in one country, the poeple of that country/land should celebrate Eid the next day- NOT people who live in another land/country that DID NOT see it.

for them, they need to search for the moon themselves & if they fail to see it, they should fast for 30 days.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Hapy Eid Mubarak!

~~~
:wasalam:

In some part of the world they celebrate eid a day later but then in any case though, we have to follow the respective country where we are.

Here in our place the syawal moon sighted on monday day evening so we celebrated the first day of syawal on after Maghrib and (Tuesday) is Eidul Fitri 1432Hijrah.

But to clear your doubt you may call your respective mosque further,
update yourself to be on the accurate informative,

1:Listen to your local radio/internet radio or t.v for annoucement ,

2:Get your religious council website link to check and update information.

3:To ensure this did not happen again infuture everybody(muslims community in your area) have to update information to the latest and keep everybody inform what is the outcome of the latest over their website or through easy communication mode so everybody knows what is giong on to the latest .

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Happy Eid Al Mubarak
To
you and your family
And To
All My Family In Islam.

TAKBIR EIDUL FITREE (FULL LENGTH)
[yt]hjIOBJx6dZY[/yt]
Link-->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjIO...ist=PLA3C379EA85CD5BAD&lf=autoplay&playnext=5

Thank you,
Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Happy Eid Mubarak to you too.

Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum... we are celebrating Eid today (wednesday).
~~~
Masha'allah!
Alhamdulillah!

Happy Eid Al Mubarak
To
you and your family
And To
All My Family In Islam.

Thank you,
Take Care!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
~~~
Masha'allah!
Alhamdulillah!

Happy Eid Al Mubarak
To
you and your family
And To
All My Family In Islam.

Thank you,
Take Care!

Jazak Allahu khyir ukhti.. may Allah bestow His mercy upon you and your family and the Ummah.. ameen.

khangul

your sister
:wasalam:

jazaakumollaho khair brothers and sisters.In our city some people had eid on Tuesday and some on Wednesday, it really makes my sad that some people follow their own countries.

your-sister

Salaam alaikum.

^If you don't mind me asking, what country do you reside in, sister?

We still have divisions on Eid days? A day made to especially encourage unity and brotherhood..
Wow..!