EIDDD!!!!!

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
:salam2: brothers and sisters
i live in the united states....the 2 masjids in my area are not agreeing when the eid is!!! one answering machine says the 13th and the other says the 12th!!! i don't know what to do....help!
what should i do??
the state is ohio...
jazakumallahu kheir
:wasalam:

kayleigh

Chicago says Saturday, if that helps.

My masjid in my area said it was basing their decision on isna...which decided when the day would be like a day or two ago without a moon sighting. But it just so happened that no moon was spotted here or in Chicago, so they got lucky this time I guess.

muslimguy

:salam2:
yeah bro we are having the same issue over here in NC one of the massajids in my area is saying friday and two are saying saturday, but i am going with the saturday one b/c they were waiting for the moon to be sighted whereas the former one decided it before even knowing anything about the moon.

Eid mubarak to all my brothers and sisters wherever yu may be.

rony

As-salam Brothers and sisters,
In Texas DFW area eid will be on saturday.
Eid Mubarak everyone.

samiha

---------
Staff member

sheesh, the new moon was sighted... yesterday... i don't know what all the fuss after that is... sigh...

If the new moon is sighted then you end your ramadhan... well it was sighted, and so we're doing it on Friday.

... seriously... i dunno, this whole confusion thing just bothers me - anyways, may allah accept our fasts, and may you all have a blessed Eid

wasalam

:salam2: I feel there is soo much politics going on when they decide the Eid day in the USA. they all r fighting among each other. I dont agree with ISNA calculation method. They had said when is Eid a year ago. You cant do that. Yes we live in a western society where it is difficult to take off at the last momemt. But you cant do something incorrect just to make it convienient for people. I feel every state should have a local moon sighting.

D.Ahmed

Believer

7 different country's in and around the middle east and north africa sighted the moon lastnight is'nt that enough? Its a shame people are divided, in the uk nearly all communities are celebrating eid today exept the pakistani comunity as far as i know.

EID MUBARAK BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND THE WORLD TODAY OR TOMORROW.
:wasalam:

BrotherZak

Muslims in north america should follow the ruling and the scholars under Isna and stop pretending we live in Saudi arabia...in canada the same problem happens everyear...

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
It was cloudy and rainy here, so it is thirty days, no moon sighted. My husband is in Ohio and he said its Saturday inshallah. Check with the masjid there inshallah. Eid Mubarak!!

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum,
I think the issue of different masjids celebrating Eid on different days arises from this---some muslim think the moon should be sighted locally to celebrate Eid, others are of the opinion that if the moon is sighted anywhere, Eid should be celebrate. Since the moon was sighted in the middle east --Saudi, Yemen and other countries that proves sufficient reason to celebrate Eid. But since some are waiting for the local moonsighting, they have not yet celebrated Eid. Here committees like ISNA come into the picture where they decide based on astronomical calculations when the moon will be sighted locally and thats how the predict the date for Eid in advance. That their calculations may be wrong is a whole different story.

I think the general opinion is that you follow what the masjid that you go for prayers does. If they celebrate you do, if they don't, you fast.

Insha Allah there will come a time when the ummah is united about which method we should follow.

Assalam Alaikum

Assalam Alaikum,
I think the issue of different masjids celebrating Eid on different days arises from this---some muslim think the moon should be sighted locally to celebrate Eid, others are of the opinion that if the moon is sighted anywhere, Eid should be celebrate. Since the moon was sighted in the middle east --Saudi, Yemen and other countries that proves sufficient reason to celebrate Eid. But since some are waiting for the local moonsighting, they have not yet celebrated Eid. Here committees like ISNA come into the picture where they decide based on astronomical calculations when the moon will be sighted locally and thats how the predict the date for Eid in advance. That their calculations may be wrong is a whole different story.

I think the general opinion is that you follow what the masjid that you go for prayers does. If they celebrate you do, if they don't, you fast.

Insha Allah there will come a time when the ummah is united about which method we should follow.

Assalam Alaikum

Asalaamalikum,

EID MUBARAK!

ISNA website says Saturday Oct 13, 2007. Some masjids here in Virginia, USA celebrated it today and some are doing it tomorrow. I would just follow your local masjid like the sister have said. It is a little annoying to this day that we are still having moon wars. May Allah swt make all Muslims unite and come to a consensus.

It annoys me that for more than 1400 years we Muslims still haven't figured and agreed as to the beginning and end of Ramadan. One masjid should represent every nation and those masjids should ALL agree on a specific date so the other masjids in the country follows!

http://www.isna.com/events/Special-Projects/Eid-ul-Fitr-on-October-13-2007.aspx

And Allah Knows Best