Fasting without praying ????????

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: dear brothers & sisters

Our neighbour sometimes fasts without praying and whenever advised, she says a Sheikh told her we're held accountable for each act separately. But then I came across this fatwa from Islam Q&A which invalidates the fasting altogether. Are both opinions right or what?????
=========================================================​
Praise be to Allaah.

The Ramadaan fast, and indeed any righteous deed, is not accepted if you do not pray. That is because not praying constitutes kufr as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim, 82. See also question no. 5208.

No righteous deed is accepted from the kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust” ( al-Furqan 25:23)

al-Bukhaari narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Whoever forsakes ‘Asr prayer, his deeds are in vain.” (al-Bukhaari, 553). In other wordshis deeds become invalid and will not avail him anything.

Our advice to the sister who asked this question is to repent to Allaah, to feel regret for her negligence in her duties towards Allaah for exposing herself to His wrath, anger and punishment. So she should hasten to do ghusl and pray, so that she may become pure both inwardly and outwardly. She should not delay repentance because she does not know when death will come.The one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin at all.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4250; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3424.

Islam Q&A

Salam :)

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaykum ,
first off... fasting... without praying :S:S
That would not make sence at all I always felt the main reason of fasting is the prayers. You are more spirtual and your body is clean and you are much more noble when you fast. Praying would be the main reason!
assalamu alaykum and thanks for sharing akhi

happy_now

One of the sisters (the one everyone looks up to at the masjid) talked to me when I was so worried about Ramadhan (my first) and she said something similar, but it was just opposite I think.

She said if I break my fast early (this was a big stress I had) that I should still do my prayers because they were separate and breaking fast didn't void the prayers.

I can't imagine fasting without the prayers. (Can't imagine being a Muslim without the prayers.)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
There is a difference of opinion regarding those who pray and those who dont. Some say it is kufr most ulema say it is not kufr(left the fold of islam)

If you were to follow the first opinion, of course your fasting is not valid because you are already a kafir and there is no use fasting.

hassana elkoussi

If you were to follow the first opinion, of course your fasting is not valid because you are already a kafir and there is no use fasting.

A'ouzoubillah it's NOT ME, brother. I said its one of our neibhours who sometimes skips prayer while fasting. Just wanted to make sure about both opinions.She should be warned about this though.

Jazak Allah khairan

Pharma_Sister

Subhaanallah, why would you not pray? I heard in a lecture once that just saying you are a Muslim is not enough, you are Muslim by the deeds that you do, and what separates us from the Kufaar is our Salah (confirmed by the ahadith provided by the bruv/sis above). If you say you're Muslim, your body needs to acknowledge that and perform the duties prescribed.

Fasting without praying is just silly. Salah, dhikr, etc is all part of fasting during the Month of Ramadan and when you perform the Nafl fasts throughout the year. Without it, I'm sorry to say, you're just on a diet!

Unfortunately, ppl here in the West take Salah to be something optional, and most recently I have come accross Muslims that don't even fast during the month of Ramadan (they quite openly eat in the office). :astag:

May Allah SWA guide all of our affairs to the straight road and help us to become ideal Muslims, Ameen.

hassana elkoussi

I can't imagine fasting without the prayers. (Can't imagine being a Muslim without the prayers.)

Yes, brother, you're right about that. It's the main pillar of Islam - one that can't be done without under any condition. Hope your first Ramadan had been an easy one. :ma: May Allah accept all your good deeds.:tti_sister: Ameen

hassana elkoussi

Subhaanallah, why would you not pray? I heard in a lecture once that just saying you are a Muslim is not enough, you are Muslim by the deeds that you do, and what separates us from the Kufaar is our Salah (confirmed by the ahadith provided by the bruv/sis above). If you say you're Muslim, your body needs to acknowledge that and perform the duties prescribed.

Sister, Wallahi it's NOT ME. Just A NEIGHBOUR

Pharma_Sister

LOL - Alhamdulillah I know it's not you, I just asked a general question (kinda like 'when a presenter is speaking to the audience' type of thing). Alhamdulillah.

What I mean to say is that in general why do people not want to pray? I have found through that generally it is because they cannot be bothered and put no importance to glorifying Our Creator. Unfortunately some people have said that they will pray when they have time, or they will pray when they are older and life is not so busy - Subhaanallah! Death does not come at the time that you decide, it comes unexpectedly. We cannot repent and say that we want to go back and do right and forbid the wrong (Mashallah there is a verse in the Quran that speaks clearly on this, unfortunately I don't know the ayat, only that it's in either Chapter 24/25).

hassana elkoussi

LOL - Alhamdulillah I know it's not you, I just asked a general question (kinda like 'when a presenter is speaking to the audience' type of thing). Alhamdulillah.

What I mean to say is that in general why do people not want to pray? I have found through that generally it is because they cannot be bothered and put no importance to glorifying Our Creator. Unfortunately some people have said that they will pray when they have time, or they will pray when they are older and life is not so busy - Subhaanallah! Death does not come at the time that you decide, it comes unexpectedly. We cannot repent and say that we want to go back and do right and forbid the wrong (Mashallah there is a verse in the Quran that speaks clearly on this, unfortunately I don't know the ayat, only that it's in either Chapter 24/25).

Lol, alhamdulillah I never miss any prayer. As for this sister, she says she does that out of forgetfulness or being lazy.:astag: May Allah give us all hidayah and guide us to his straight path. :tti_sister: Ameen

Jazaky Allah khairan, sister.
Salam Alaikom

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Well sister :)

I am not going to say her Fasts will not be accepted because the person who leaves will be a Kaafir or not. But I am quoting a Hadith of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) on which we all need to think trice.

Rasulullah (SAW) said,"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.]

note: For those who say 'I don't pray but my heart is clean should take this warning from Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) and establish the prayer before they are brought to account infront of Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala)! Even if we do Hajj, Zakah, Fasting, Good to Parents, Jihad Fee Sabeelillah, Charity, Build Mosques etc etc, we wont be helped.[/B]

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ksa 2008

assalamualaikum..i think without prayer ther is no use of fasting! its like prayer is obligatory for every muslim so there can b no doubt bout tht,,we cant ignore our salah nd i as far as i have heard tht fasting without praying is lik the fasting performed by other religions, it is the daily salah that differentiates nd identifies we muslims from other religions..,with my very limited knowledge i prefer nd would advice all my muslim bro nd sis to perform both salah nd fasting side by side ..may allah(swt) shower us with his rehmat! jazakallah khairun.