Fighting other Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmuslimsrequal

Salaam alikoum to all.

Last night my husband and myself got into a heated debate. The topic: Muslims fighting and killing other Muslims....something that I am very much distraught over.
We have differant points of view on this matter. He was born in a Sunni muslim country. I was born in america, and never even met a muslim until my 20's. He unfortunatly has some poor opinions towards the various sects of islam, especially shi ite. He says he will only consider shi ite muslims when they repent and stop saying horrible things about the companions of the prophet (pbuh), and when they stop holding Ali above the last prophet of God.
To me- anyone who believes in the one God- and who believes the Qur'an is the revealed message---- is my muslim bretheren. And all of the differances will only be judged by God. Until then- they are Muslims. And to fight them is still not right.
From Bukhari 1-2-30 as said by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased w/ him)
"When two Muslims fight each other with their swords, both the murderer as well as the murdered will go to the Hell fire."

What are your opinions of this matter? Does it matter what 'sect' you are? Is it feasible for a sunni to kill a shi ite, or vise versa because of their differances? (or any other sect created from Islam?)

thanks. And peace to all. -Sister Sara:blackhijab:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa Barakatu

What are your opinions of this matter? Does it matter what 'sect' you are? Is it feasible for a sunni to kill a shi ite, or vise versa because of their differances? (or any other sect created from Islam?)

:salam2: In my own opinion I agree with your husband with the fact that shi'et should not put Ali (karem Allah Wajh'h) above the Prophet (PBUH). Because when you become a Muslim you say "I believe that there is no God but Allah and MOHAMED is his messenger"
This is also mentioned in the 5 pillars of Islam to believe in Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and if you miss one of these pillars your Islam is incorrect.
However, i believe it is not right to kill anyone because of what they believe.
Allah (SWT) said" Lakum Deenakum wa li'a deen" " you have your religion and i have my religion" im not referring to Shi'et only im referring to all in general.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:wasalam:
I agree with you, Sister. The difference between a Muslim and a Non-believer is the belief in the Shahadah and the Salat (the latter being from a Hadith).

I'll quote Yvonne Ridley to end this:

"...I don't know. I follow no sects. I'm just a simple Muslim. I only follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet"

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Please look here for some common misconceptions about Shi'ites (and their answers): *removed 4 time being*

I'm not trying to get people to switch sects, but rather trying to get Unity to make one Muslim Ummah (the way the Prophet intended).

allmuslimsrequal

Thankyou so much. Your opinion is valuable to me! I appreciate what you said about the last prophet of Allah! - may peace be upon him always!

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
Asalamu Alaikum.

I am agree with you Brother & sister as well,

This is one Question which most irritate me when i am giving Dawah to non-muslim ... firstly they ask this question that why shiya and sunni muslim fight each other??? which is really upsat me i dont know why this middle east community not making any rules or our community which facing this kind of problem they should make such understanding or deliver such a dialogue to people in public know each other properly.. i dont there are lots of sunni muslim they dont know how shi'a differ from sunni.. so we have to understand each other and then we have to leave it to allah swt,

This is my understing i am applosing if i hurt anyone...

:muslim_child:

allmuslimsrequal

thankyou brother. I love to hear what people think! I agree with you that it is a shame and that when people ask me about it, I am left saying "It is against True Islam to even DIVIDE into sects in the first place!":astag:

Thanks again. Masalam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Of course no Muslim should be fighting another Muslim or even non-Muslim. Such violence is against Islam.

Obviously, if they break peace and we have to defend ourselves.

There are many major differences between Sunni and Shia. To the extent that the Group Shia are not deemed Muslims, and this is by consensus of the majority of Scholars. However, we can not say that any one individual is a non-Muslim.

The Shia are derived from Abdullah bin Sabah who was a Jew heretic who despised Muslims. This is mentioned in many of the Shiite's old books written by their own scholars, but, nowadays they try and hide this fact and pretend it is not true, they do the same for most of their beliefs.

Shia do not believe in the same kalimah as the Sunni (they normally add something like (Ali wali'Allah)), nor do they have the same beliefs. They have different Aqeedah (belief in Allah) - They associate partners with Allah by believing in various "infallible" Imams, some such as the alavi shia go to the extent of saying that Ali(RA) was God.

They Curse the Sahaba (which is part of their pillars) - They say very bad things about the Companions of the Prophet :saw:, they curse Aisha and they say she and Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Abu Sufyan (the Prophets Uncle), Abu Hurayrah and many of the Sahaba are "kafr" or non-Muslim. Its part of their beliefs (they have their own pillars) that they have to curse the Sahaba. It is in their books and main beliefs that whoever does not curse them, then he is an enemy of theirs and is not a Muslim. - So this means that Sunni are their enemies because we do not say the disgusting things they do.

and they do various twisted innovations such as Taqiyyah (lying to cover up their beliefs) and Mutah (temporary marriage, which is haram).

Due to Taqiyyah, they deny everything, they will even deny their own fundamental beliefs such as their cursing of Sahaba.

They do fool many Muslims by their propoganda and are not to be trusted.

Please See Earlier discussion here>>
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4229

Any sort of violence such as that shown in Iraq is unIslamic and haram. It is murder. Allah knows best the perpetrators of such acts.

As for sects, then this is something that is apparent and is an unfortunate circumstance of our Ummah. To deny the existance of sects is lunacy and ignorance. The Prophet :saw: himself said that the Ummah will be split into sects and that all of them will be in the hellfire except one>

"And this Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects all of which except one will go to Hell and they (i.e. the Saved Sect) are those who are upon what I and My Companions are upon (i.e. those who follow My Way and the Way of my Companions.)"
[Reported by at-Tirmidhee - Hasan]

The Following is from IslamQA,:

It is the Muslim’s duty to follow the truth and to join the victorious group, the people of Sunnah and Jamaa’ah (Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah) who are followers of the pious predecessors (al-salaf al-saalih), loving them for the sake of Allaah whether they are in his own country or elsewhere, and cooperating with them in righteousness.

The attributes of the victorious group are related in a number of saheeh ahaadeeth, for example:
The Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “My ummah is an ummah which carries out the commands of Allaah; those who let them down or differ from them do not harm them and they will keep adhering to this path until the Day of Judgement.”

Mu‘aawiyah and ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with them) reported that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: ‘A group of my ummah will continue victoriously adhering to the truth until the Last Hour begins.’”

Al-Mugheerah ibn Shu‘bah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace be upon him) say: “Some people of my ummah will remain victorious over the people until the decree of Allaah reaches them.”

‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “A group of my ummah will continue fighting for the truth, and will prevail over those who oppose them, until the last of them will kill al-Maseekh al-Dajjaal (the Liar or Anti-Christ).”

From these ahaadeeth we may understand the following:
(1) The Prophet’s words “A group of my ummah will continue . . .” indicate that this is a section of the ummah, not the entire ummah. This also indicates that there will be other groups and sects.
(2) His words “those who oppose them will not harm them” indicate that there will be other groups who oppose the victorious group in the way they practice the religion. This also concurs with the hadeeth which describes the ummah being divided into seventy-two groups or sects who oppose the one group that is following the truth.
(3) Both ahaadeeth offer glad tidings to the people who are following the truth. The hadeeth that speaks of the victorious group speaks of their victory in this world.
(4) The words “until the decree of Allaah reaches them” refer to the wind or breeze that will come and take the soul of every believing man and woman. This does not contradict the hadeeth “A group of my ummah will remain victoriously supporting the truth until the Day of Resurrection,” because that hadeeth means that they will continue to follow the truth until that gentle breeze takes their souls just before the Day of Resurrection, when many other Signs of the Last Hour have already manifested themselves.

The characteristics of the victorious group
From the ahaadeeth quoted above, and other reports, we can derive the following characteristics of the victorious group:
(1) They follow the truth. They are described variously as “following the truth,” “following the commandments of Allaah,” “following the true religion,” etc.
All of these phrases indicate that they are adhering to the true religion with which Muhammad :saw: (peace be upon him) was sent.
(2) They obey the commandments of Allaah, which means:
(a) They are distinguished from the rest of mankind by carrying the banner of Da’wah towards Allaah.
(b) They undertake the mission of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.
(3) They will be victorious until the Last Hour.
The ahaadeeth say that “they will be victorious until the decree of Allaah comes,” “they victoriously support the truth,” or “they will be victorious over those who oppose them.”
This victory includes:
  1. Being open and not hiding: they are well-known and prominent and have the upper hand.​
  1. Adherence to true religion, righteousness, following Allaah’s commands and fighting against His enemies in jihaad​
  1. Victory by defeating others​
(4) They are patient and resist others with patience.
Abu Tha‘labah al-Khashani (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said: “After you there will come days of patience, in which the patience required will be like having to hold a burning coal in one’s hand.”

Who are the people of the victorious sect?
Al-Bukhaari said: “They are the people of knowledge (the scholars).”

Many scholars said that the victorious group is the scholars of hadeeth.
Al-Nawawi said: “It is possible that this group is scattered among all types of believers. Some may be brave fighters, or fuqahaa’, or scholars of hadeeth, or ascetics, or people who enjoin good and forbid evil, and other types of good people.”

Al-Nawawi also said: “It could be a group of different types of believers, including those who are brave and skilled in warfare, faqeehs, scholars of hadeeth, Qur’aanic commentators (mufassireen), those who enjoin good and forbid evil, ascetics and devoted worshippers.”

Ibn Hajar, may Allaah have mercy on him, explained the matter as follows: “They do not have to all be in one city; they could be gathered in one country or dispersed across the world. They may be gathered in one city or in a part of it. It is possible that one group may exist, then disappear, then be replaced by another group, and so on, until the Day of Judgement, when all will disappear except for one group in one city, who will disappear when the breeze decreed by Allaah comes.”

The scholars’ discussion of this group does not specify one type of people, or one city or country, except for the last group, which will be in al-Shaam (the territory comprising modern-day Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine) and will fight the Dajjaal, as the Prophet :saw: (peace be upon him) said.
No doubt those who are involved with the sciences of sharee’ah – ‘aqeedah, fiqh, hadeeth and tafseer, studying and teaching – are the people who are most qualified to be called the Victorious Group, and they should be at the forefront of da’wah and jihaad, and enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, and refuting the people of bid’ah, all of which must be accompanied with sound knowledge based on the Wahy (Revelation).
-------------------------------------------------------

Shaikh Salih al-Fawzaan was asked, "Is Salafiyyah a hizb (party) from amongst the parties. And is ascribing to them (i.e. the Salafis) a blameworthy thing?"

To which he replied, "As-Salafiyyah (i.e. the Salafis) is the Saved Sect, and they are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah. It is not a hizb (party) from amongst the various parties, those which are called "parties" today. Rather they are the Jamaa’ah, the Jamaa’ah upon the Sunnah and upon the Deen (religion). They are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah. The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said, "There will not cease to be a group from my Ummah manifest and upon the truth not being harmed by those who forsake them neither by those who oppose them" and he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also said, "And this Ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of them in the Hellfire but one". They said, which one is this O Messenger of Allaah? He replied, "They are those who are upon what I and my companions are upon today". Hence Salafiyyah is a group of people (i.e. the Salafis) upon the madhhab of the Salaf, upon what the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) and his companions were upon and it is not a hizb from amongst the contemporary groups present today. Rather it is the very old Jamaa’ah, from the time of the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) which inherits (this way) and continues, and which never ceases to be upon the manifest truth until the establishment of the Hour, as he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) has informed (us)." (Cassette: "at-Tahdheer min al-Bid’ah" second cassette, delivered as a lecture in Hawtah Sadeer, 1416H).

---------------------
We call ourselves Muslims and we encourage cooperation and love in our Ummah, at same time we can further describe ourselves as Sunni or Salafi. These simply are descriptions. Meaning, that we follow the Quran, Sunnah and way of the pious predecessors. - This is in accordance with the verses from the Quran and the Sahih Hadith and is a view shared by the Companions of the Prophet, the first few generations of Muslims and the greatest scholars of Islam.

Because, at the time of the Prophet :saw: it was evident that they were all Muslims and if they differed in anything, they would go back to the Prophet :saw:

Islam is always protected, and as the hadith above showed, there is always one group of people that is upon the Truth. Of course, No Muslim says they are perfect, so may Allah make us amongst those who are rightly guided.

allmuslimsrequal

Dear Mabsoot: salaam alikoum to you. Your response was much appreciated by me. My husband has a problem of being overly passionate about issues- but not giving me details to accompany his opinions/views.

I am ashamed to admit that I knew nothing about the Sunnah or hadiths the first year I became Muslim, as I learned of Islam while visiting a shi ite country (bahrain) and never heard anything of hadiths, or following the example of the prophet, etc.

It was only after returning to America and marrying my husband (who was arranged for me by an Islamic matrimonial) that he taught me the Sunnah.
Of course, I believe that Allah (swt) guided me to the right path- and I live my life with clarity.

THankyou Mabsoot for your post. I learn a lot from your postings and the videos that you put here. May Allah reward you for your continous work.

talibulislam

aqeeda is the main thing

but since we r humen an we have 2 eyes,which can only see in the front with our eyes open,hidaya is in the hands of allah,thats why after repentence allah takes us back,if that b up to us so many would have gone to hell,but allah forgive every thing accept shirk so we gotta see aqeeda but then again if we look at the life of those who were promise junnah,used to cry all night for forgivness,prophet muhammad saw & his companion have lines over there cheecks with constant crying & tears,seeing this is it really necessary to figure out who is going to junnah & who is right or wrong.
may allah forgive us all & give us hidaya

gulroz khan

Salaam alikoum to all.

Last night my husband and myself got into a heated debate. The topic: Muslims fighting and killing other Muslims....something that I am very much distraught over.
We have differant points of view on this matter. He was born in a Sunni muslim country. I was born in america, and never even met a muslim until my 20's. He unfortunatly has some poor opinions towards the various sects of islam, especially shi ite. He says he will only consider shi ite muslims when they repent and stop saying horrible things about the companions of the prophet (pbuh), and when they stop holding Ali above the last prophet of God.
To me- anyone who believes in the one God- and who believes the Qur'an is the revealed message---- is my muslim bretheren. And all of the differances will only be judged by God. Until then- they are Muslims. And to fight them is still not right.
From Bukhari 1-2-30 as said by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased w/ him)
"When two Muslims fight each other with their swords, both the murderer as well as the murdered will go to the Hell fire."

thanks. And peace to all. -Sister Sara:blackhijab:

SALAM,sister i m totaly agree with u that a muslim should not harm other muslim or not even a non muslim.but ur husband is kind a right but he is gone a bit far by hating them.today we have a problem in islam we have left the way of our prophet "saw" and invented new things in our religion to suit our self not only shite but sunni as well.and every new invention in deen is a bida,at and bida,at leeds to shirk so we have to be very care full to follow islam now days.the best way is the quraan and sunna of our prophet "saw".may ALLAH guide us in right path of his massenger.

Noor to shine

Ways of Satan

Dear sister: :salam2:
The Satan has many different steps in deviating the creature from his creator :
1 Kufur : The Satan try his best to make man disbelieve in Allah or make partners to Allah But if he fails then Satan will try the next step:

2 Budaa: the satan will do his best to deviate man from the way of the prophet Mohammad sala Allah alaihi wa salam ...by intrducing man made ways not as taught by the prophet sala Allah alihi wa salam who was choosed by Allah to tell his message ....This is the proplem with the other sects that deviate from the correct way of the prophet sala Alllah alaihi wa salam they don`t follow the prophet but follow other people who invented a new Islam not as was taught by Mohammad sala Allah alihi wa salam ....any honest muslem should do his best in learning the correct hadiths of the prophet and follow his exact way not fabricated ways.....still no killing should be between people we have to learn and teach others with kindness and love ......Those who doing the killing are with no faith no fear of Allah swt.

with regards

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:bismillah:
gulroz khan said:
...invented new things in our religion to suit our self not only shite but sunni as well.
I agree 100%. Many here say "Shi'ites/Sufis are innovators" but fail to see how much Sunnis innovate!

Allah Himself (SWT) has said "Let there be no compulsion in religion" yet everyday I see people slandering our Shi'ite brothers/sisters! It's a different story from saying that they're wrong, but I see that alongside the slandering.

Yvonne Ridley's words are very wise:

"...I follow no sects. I follow only the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet"

I agree 100%. You can still be a Muslim and yet not follow a sect. And before someone says that Shi'ites don't follow the Sunnah: they do.

Are you not aware, brothers and sisters that even Sunnis create Bid'ah and call it Islam? Ever hear of the four schools of thought? Each of them arguing that each other has commited Bid'ah while they themselves have done it? Sunnis are more apart than Shi'ites or Sufis!

What does this tell me? This tells me that the fact that sects were even created in the first place is wrong. But, Shi'a was created for political purposes and then became a major sect.

Now, around this time, I would agree that Sunnis were correct. But then they started making "schools of thought" which commited Bid'ah. They say this and that, deal out Fatawa (plural of Fatwa) yet the Fatawa have NO Qur'an/Sunnah bases to it! How can you say something is Halal or Haraam or to do something a certain way when there is no evidence from the Qur'an/Sunnah (they don't even cite some themselves)?

All 3 sects are wrong. They were wrong from their starts, for Allah (SWT) said "Let there be no compulsion in religion". All 3 sects commit Bid'ah, and no sect is right just because one commits Bid'ah more than the other.

If someone asked me "what sect of Islam do you follow?" I would say Sunni. But should I say that anymore? That implies that I follow a school of thought when I follow only the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Nowadays, people follow only scholars who, themselves, are free to put Bid'ah into what they're saying. Now, scholars are wise, but was the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) a scholar? I'm not saying that we should distrust scholars, but I'm trying to dispute when people take the scholars' words like Allah's! A scholar says "It is wrong to pray with your shoes on" and people take it as if it came from Allah, when there are even Authentic Hadith to disprove that!

In closing: Sunnis commit Bid'ah, Shi'ites commit Bid'ah, and Sufis commit Bid'ah. No sects are right (there aren't even supposed to be sects in the first place according to Allah (SWT)). I urge all brothers and sisters to follow NO sect, but rather to follow ONLY the Qur'an and Sunnah. You need no one to "help you interpret it", for Allah (SWT) has, mercifully, made our religion understandable even to the simpliest of people.

Globalpeace

Banned
Sects or No Sects!

Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

In my humble opinion when you deviate from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah & become a sect (of any kind) you break the back-bone of Islam.

Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) brought Islam not sects (including Shia’ism).

When I was growing up in Pakistan during the Afghan Jihad (& Iran-Iraq war); Pakistan was bombarded with messages, books, and talks of unity…Iran pumped millions into publishing this stuff and distributing it world-wide as I found out later when I moved to the West…

I have absolutely have no problems with UNITY but unity has to be gained on the basis of the Qur’aan and Sunnah…You cannot go around disrespecting the Sahaba (RA), mothers of the believers (Ayesha (RA) & others), Prophets (AS), have a different Aqeedah and then ask me as a Sunni to disregard all of the above and join ranks in the name of unity!

I 100% agree with Br Mabsoot & anyone who would like to see evidence (Arabic, Urdu, English) of the material which is actually written by Shias in their books; please reply and I will scan some of it & put it up for view….

I hope I have not hurt anyone’s feelings.

Jazakullah Khairun

Globalpeace

Banned
ALLAMAH EHSAN ELAHI ZAHEER (raheemullah)

Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

I recommend all to read his books on Shia’ism well known for research and quotations from Shia sources. He challenged the Shia world into answering his book which is still unanswered!

He was summoned by the council of Shia (Iran) in Haram (Makkah) to retract his book in the name of Muslim unity to which he replied, “You take back all the stuff that I have quoted in my book with references from your books & I will take my book back”

Here is a short biography of him:

His Birth
He was born on Thursday the 31st May 1945 corresponding to 18 Jumada al-Oolaa 1364H of the Islamic calendar in the City of Sialkot in Pakistan.

His Education and Studies
He studied at Jamia Islamiyyah Gujranwala and at Jamia Salafiyyah in Faisalabad before leaving to study abroad at the prestigious University of Madina in Saudi Arabia. After graduating from the department of Shariah he returned to his country and pursued further education and received his Masters in Arabic, Islamic Studies, Urdu and Farsi.

His Teachers
He was taught by some of the major scholars of this century, amongst them were:

Shaikh Muhammad Amin Shanqiti,
Shaikh al-Muhadith al-Allama Nasir-ud-Din al-Albani
Shaikh Abdul Aziz Ibn Baaz
Shaikh Abdul-Muhsin al-Abbad
Shaikh Abdul-Qadir Haybatul-Hamd
Shaikh-ul-Hadith Abul-Barkat Ahmad
Shaikh-ul-Hadith Hafidh Muhammad Ghondalwi,
Shaikh Atiyyah Muhammad Salim

His Efforts in Da'wah and Trials
He wrote a weekly editorial in the magazine ‘Ahle-Hadith’ which was set up by the great Shaikh Sanaullah Amritsari.

The people of innovation raised false allegations of murder against him, which he was free of and he had to bear these trials and was poisoned for a while. He began giving the weekly khutbahs in the large central mosque in Lahore called Chinyawali, people from far would travel just to come and listen to him.

He travelled extensively around the world for Dawah purposes and delivered lectures in Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, Yugoslavia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, America, China, Afghanistan, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

His Works
He authored many famous works, amongst which are:

-al-Qadiyaniyyah [refutation]
-ash-Shia Was-Sunnah [refutation]
-ash-Shia Wa-Ahlul-Bayt [refutation]
-ash-Shia Wal-Qur'aan [which includes over 12,000 narrations of the Shia]
-ash-Shia wat-TaShia [refutation]
-Baynash-Shia Wa Ahlus-Sunnah [refutation]
-Babiyyahs [refutation]
-al-Baha'iyyah [refutation]
-at-Tassawuf al-Mansha Wal-Masadir [refutation of the Sufis]
-al-Ismaa'eeliyyah [refutation]
-al-Barailwiyyah [refutation]
-A explanation of Kitaab al-Wasilah by Shaikh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
-Kitab us-Salah
-Saffar Hijaaz & many many more.

Shaikh Ehsan Elahi had also planned to write refutations on the Christians, Jews and Hindus but died before ever having a chance to do so. Before his death he was working on a refutation on the Deobandis, which he never completed.

During his final year of study at Madina University, Shaikh bin Baaz asked him to deliver lectures, which is a very rare achievement amongst the students of knowledge studying at the university. During this time his book ‘al-Qadiyaniyyah’ was also to be printed in Madina. Ehsan Elahi however wanted to include on the book ‘Graduate of Madina University' but at that time he had not actually graduated. He went to see Shaikh bin Baaz who was at that time the chancellor of Madina University, Shaikh bin Baaz agreed and granted him permission to do so. Ehsan Elahi then asked the Shaikh ‘What if I fail my degree?’ to which Shaikh bin Baaz replied, ‘I will close the University.’

His Death
He died on 30th March 1987 after spending 22 hours in the Riyadh hospital. Shaikh Abdul Aziz bin Baaz (rahimullah) whilst crying abundantly, led his funeral prayer in Riyadh.

It was one of the most historical funerals ever prayed in Riyadh that included countless scholars and students of knowledge. The second janaza was prayed inside the Prophets Mosque in Madina, led by the Imam of the Holy Mosque. People in there thousands attended the funeral, after which his body was taken to the Baqi graveyard where he was laid to rest.

Allamah Ehsan Elahi Zaheer died as a result of a bomb blast inside a mosque in Lahore on the 23rd of March 1987, whilst delivering a speech on the Seerah of the Prophet (sal-allaahu’alayhi wa sallam). His contemporary Shaikh Habib ur Rahman Yazdani (raheemullah) also died as a result of the blast.

Undoubtedly Shaikh Allamah Ehsan Elahi Zaheer was a great mountain of knowledge who did a great service to this ummah by refuting many of the deviant sects and groups that have risen in this ummah. His powerful fiery historic speeches were responsible for thousends of people leaving shirk and bidah and following the way of the Ahlul-Hadith.

May Allah have mercy upon him. Ameen.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I have absolutely have no problems with UNITY but unity has to be gained on the basis of the Qur’aan and Sunnah…You cannot go around disrespecting the Sahaba (RA), mothers of the believers (Ayesha (RA) & others), Prophets (AS), have a different Aqeedah and then ask me as a Sunni to disregard all of the above and join ranks in the name of unity!

That is one of the problems stopping us from attaining unity: misconceptions. Those are some misconceptions about Shi'ites (as they have misconceptions about Sunnis).

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I believe that your comments are directed towards me therefore I will attempt to answer to the best of my ability…

I don’t believe that I have “misconceptions” about anyone let alone Shias. I am versed in research methodologies and understand the need to acknowledge one’s own bias during research; therefore please feel free to browse the links that other Brothers/Sisters have put forth in this thread.

If you find them unsatisfactory then please come back to me & let’s discuss the Shia literature from its sources in an academic manner; however I do hope that you have done your homework on the issue.

Hope you & the Moderators/Administrators will permit me to engage you on this fascinating subject and give me the opportunity to clear “misconceptions”.

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: Please remember us all in your duas.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
That is one of the problems stopping us from attaining unity: misconceptions. Those are some misconceptions about Shi'ites (as they have misconceptions about Sunnis).

Assalamu Alaykum,

Those things you highlighted are NOT Misconceptions. Those are their REAL beliefs! There is no secret about it. Dont be fooled into thinking that they do not do anything wrong or that the differences are minor.

What they do is not merely innovation, they do Shirk (Associating partners with Allah). The Scholars are unanimous that the Shia are not Muslims.

They pray to others and not to Allah. They ask help from Ali (RA) and from others. They lie about the Prophet's family (i.e. about his Prophethood, about Aisha (RA) ).

They curse the Sahaba - this is a tennet of their beliefs. Infact, the Shiite have disgusting beliefs like Mutah marriage (Temporary marriage) and taqiyyah (lying to cover up their beliefs).

They beat themselves up and cry because they killed the Prophet's companions .

Not exactly a normal day out at the park is it? And you think this is right?
ashura5.jpg

You can see more of these people here
http://www.allaahuakbar.net/shiites/maatam.htm

They call our Sahaba disgusting and filthy names and some people simply accept their lies and do not protect Islam. How shameful.

Your post was totally wrong and again you decide to speak without any knowledge. I have PM'ed you before, but you never bother replying or taking heed. Islamic Knowledge is Quran and Sunnah. You should not just write your own feelings down. Its a sin to do that.

[Do not act or give judgments in the Religion without knowledge. On the Day of Judgment one’s ears, eyes, and heart will be asked about their deeds.] ((17:34))

Funny thing is that I highlighted with Hadith about the correct Islamic way and the saved sect as mentioned by the Prophet :saw: and you simply ignored it.

"And this Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects all of which except one will go to Hell and they (i.e. the Saved Sect) are those who are upon what I and My Companions are upon (i.e. those who follow My Way and the Way of my Companions.)"
[Reported by at-Tirmidhee - Hasan]

So, Shia or whatever deviant sect can not be correct. EVeryone can not be correct as you say. How can they be? The Alawi believe that Ali (RA) was a Prophet, their are Shia groups which believe in reincarnation and in their own weird books.

And if you really knew the beliefs of the Shia and their disgusting lifestyle you would not be saying what you are. They do Mutah marriage (temporary marriage for sex) and they allow themselves to marry their own daughters that are derived from this.

We need to explain Islam according to the true teachings not merely say everyone is right. Thats just going to make people more confused, although there is not much to get confused - all you have to do is stick to the Quran and the Sunnah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

With the utmost respect, do we sacrifice Islam for the sake of unity?

I sincerely believe that we should make our points clear with courtesy, politeness and love without a shadow of disrespect, indignation or talking people down.

I also believe that evidence should be “presented” and not “given”…the difference is similar to giving someone gifts or flowers unwrapped or gift wrapped… gift wrapped means that you have taken the time and effort and care about the person.

But I also strongly believe in making the truth manifest and clear.

1) Years ago in America someone asked me as to what is the difference between me & “Nation of Islam”. I said “I am Muslim, they are NOT”…Did I break the Muslim Ummah???

2) Couple of years ago Qadiyanees (who believe in a false prophet) were attending a conference in Britain and I spoke to them at Heathrow Airport and after extensive discussions told them, “I am Muslim, they are NOT”…Did I break the Muslim Ummah???

3) Couple of moths ago I gave a lecture about celebrating the 15th of Shab’aan…I gave evidence in English & Urdu; a brother came later on & said that he was offended and that I was breaking the Ummah. I discussed the evidence with him politely and after hearing everything he said, “I understand that there is no evidence from the Qur’aan, Hadeeth, Sahaba (RA), Taba’een (RA), Taba Tabaeen (RA) but still what’s wrong with it anyway?” I asked him to listen to his question???” ”…Did I break the Muslim Ummah???

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: may Allah guide every muslim in this world .I agree with brother Mabsoot.:astag: There are many chi'ites muslims in brussels,many of them come from chi'ites countries but since few years many sun'y muslims are unfortunatly turning to chi'ism.I can't explain why but it breaks my heart.Four years ago a young Imam went to a chi'ite mosque to make da'wa and he was beaten:SMILY309: :SMILY138: the problem nowadays is the fact that we look about the other muslim's default and not what can make us stronger:muslim_child: :saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.