Finding a life partner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosabaig

:salam2:

It seems its getting harder and harder to find religious partners, lack of communication channels, plus the western cold style is also effecting many eligible singles from getting partners.

May be this site should have a special FREE section for serious marriage seekers. :redface: :SMILY139: :hijabi: :ma: :muslim_child: :shymuslima1: :girl3: :hearts: :salah: :arabi1:

Just a proposal

:confused:

samiha

---------
Staff member

Excuse me for being frank… (that’s such a funny term… frank? lol) but I don’t feel that this is a good idea at all. Think of the kinds of ppl we would get!! And then who would control that all? Things could get offensive, ppl would get mad. Lol… imagine the complete chaos! Besides, you can’t really tell a person over the internet… very difficult and over all not good idea…

Here’s a quote from Admin from a different thread…..

Assalamu ALaykum,

May i remind people the purpose of this website. Jazakallahu khayr.

You can discuss marriage, but all out ADS asking for marriage are not allowed here. This is because it will attract wrong crowd to this site. And last thing we want is this site becoming base for marriage seekers.

Its difficult Moderating the website as it is. It is a big pain trying to stop people from using website for wrong reasons.

We here to learn and discuss Islam.

Please stick to the rules.

:wasalam:

rizzumd

Your brother
Agree with sister.. afterall, we are here to learn and make ourselves better by learning more and more.. lets not spoil the spirit of this site.....btw, sister samiha what is ur display image? i am getting scared to see that..change it to some islamic picture.. just suggestion.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Lol.. they were my monkeys but since they frighten you… I shall choose my bright picture instead ;) for now anyways…

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum assalam.

And I understand completely what you mean, but might I also add that is it always necessary to have what you call an Islamic avatar? Because you realize that these things only go so far…

A woman could wear hijab to seem religious but not think of Allah once a day.

Looks and names can be deceiving and on the Internet that is even more so. I don’t want people to judge me by my avatar… but sometimes it’s interesting to put one up.

it's like a... game to me i suppose... i don't know if that's a good thing... probably not... but whatever, it doesn't matter...and it's too late here (meaing time-wise)

I hope you understand my sentiments partially...

Wassalam.

shaz_1999

Why do you not go to your local masjid and ask the brothers their if they know of anyone or ask them to keep you in mind. If you are a regular attender of the masjid they would not mind helping you because in the sense they know who you are. Just and idea.

AishaR

Has sister Samiha said we are not a dating site & that sort of thing can open up a hard to police environment, attracting all sorts of people. We are here to learn & discuss Islam.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.