First steps of getting married

al-muslimah

Brother mabsoot..

Very true brother..Islam comes first in everything..My father asked about the guy..mashallah he's religous.. but the question thingy is to find out more about his personality and how will we live tigether..actully I STRONGLY beleive:

" If the person's Deen is Straight then almost everything else in that person is straight"

abu turaab

:salam2: anyone at the start of building the relationship of marriage must not to forget this important element that...everyone possess his/her personal profile with positives and negatives both which constitutes individuality/personality for a person and no sensible person allows anybody pierceing more into it by any means specialy if other asks a lot of questions!!..
so if someone tries to do that..the possible reaction would be a sense of discomfort and unease and since no permenant legal relationship(marriage) would have been developed by that time so becomes easy for a person to pulls himself back!!..while the result??
i have seen this happening..just don't trap into the Myth of love..there is nothing such before marriage..that's only a typical of man-woman spark which affects the heart so deceivingly..
we should see what Prophet and his companions used to do while marrying..they didn't ask questions when they were satisfied with the Deen of the other party!!..what else we require then??...
we must remember that the Deen encompases everything...by ALLAH don't restrict it just going to mosque,having a beared,memorising some surahs and reciting nicely etc...etc..no doubt every single of these count still these cant become a crieterion..the crieterion is the steady good moral conduct of a person with knowing,telling,appreciating and practicing the Truth,to be honest even with the enemy,to be humble..which means one is not hesitant accepting his mistakes when pointed out rightly and who does not argue when it comes the decree of ALLAH..helping others with-out seeking any reward,obeying ALLAH in private..fulfilling the promises,a very much to the point talk with opposite gender(who is not mehram)...
these are the real deals!!..which help the person and others around and specialy those closest to that person all along the life in every circumstances!!..yet these qualities can't be developed so early in life!!..so better to see that the guy has no bad reputition and wise and sincere people who know him give shahada of his piety..if so!!..then do it and leave the rest on ALLAH!!...
may ALLAH help you..Aameen!!

massi

p.s: since I'm sometimes shy to talk to a man face to face..is it okay if i printed out all the questions and then ask him to fill it and put his answers?then he'll give it back once he's done:confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just send him an SMS or Email​
Don't forget Salat El istikhara

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK

ASAK Sister,
if i were in your position sister, i would bring all these questions in the flow while talking to him. for example regarding pet, i would let him know that i like pets and i have such and such a pet in my place and see his opinion/reaction to that, rather than asking him directly. i think putting it in a conversation like this helps you both. he should not find it as though you are grillling him and also it will ease some pressure off you.

And regarding your question abt if there is a difference between wife and Mom, i as a brother and believe me any brother would not like to say that he would support his wife atleast when he is talking to would-be spouse. Rather he would like to say he will be on the side of HAQQ, which is diplomatically correct.

Anyways you PS made me laugh at your innocence and nervousness.

yakubpasha

LoL Sister

Do you want to have kids lol- Waaay to early. :muslim_child:

Do you have any disease - He is going to think you are wieeeeeerd if you ask this( you know how we run a car fax- we should have a marriage fax report before getting married:SMILY335:)

I would suggest to make it a conversation BUT very important to ask a lot of questions. A lot of times ppl end up talking about weather/ politics which doesnt tell you anything about the person.

Plz dont ask why did you choose me

I would suggest ask questions about Islam and his character

What Role does Islam play in your life.
How do you pray during office
What are your comments about Hijab/Interest
Whats your career plan.
How do your friends describe you ( good guestion)
What are your interests.

Then talk about what you like and see his reaction. Eg i love my cat kuchikuchi :) or whaterver its name is and you can judge by where the conversation leads to.

Remember that everyhting doesnt have to match though, you need a lot of patience and adaptability in a successful marriage.

Salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Well, there, you've done your job. I guess no girl needs to ask you any questions. No handouts for you then Brother Mabsoot. ;)

Just Kidding around (Haha with the Admin). But your very right, Indeed. I think Deen lies far more ahead of anything intended by Sister Al Muslimah, and great advice you've given her. :)

Assalamualaikum

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh ukhti,

Nee, she will have to ask a lot of questions, and inshaAllah, I will answer them. :) But, it is tricky to actually find the right person, plus im very picky.. (which before anyone gets angry over, is totally reasonable! as we marry and be with that person for rest of our lives, with the goal of the hereafter, so also she be with me to walk together through the gates of Paradise.)

I hope so much that the one who I marry will appreciate me.. but, I guess with things like marriage and looking for pious spouse, the other person has to have some sort of insight based upon knowledge, or a lot of sincerity to value the other person.

i.e. a Muslim brother or sister who prays tahajud, memorises Qur'aan, wants to be the best Muslim he or she can ever be, will not be given any "value" in the eyes of a person who does not care so much about Islam..

Same, if you know what is the right way of following the Deen, the Quran and Pure Sunnah, then you will have some sort of idea how the other person should be living,

Nobody
is perfect, but, all problems and issues can be sorted out, if both of the couple care for Islam a lot. - Why? because they have a central, shared common system for problems. The Quran and the Sunnah. If person has any issues, then this is what they will consult first. - Not sure which is best school to send your children? - You want to know whether to stay in a kafr country, and ignore the obligation, on those who can, of Migration to the land of Muslims? These sort of issues come up.

those who dont care so much about Islam *properly*, end up fighting, arguing, being upset, and divorcing... for example, the men who not happy with their wives calling their families, or who behave like total dictators in the home... then on flipside you have the women who complain a lot!

Some this can be personality issue, and it is very important for people to do self reflection. Do people complain, or say something about you? Perhaps it is true... Who are we? Except the Children of Adam Alayhi salam... humans.... So, we have to reflect and try our best to change, by really implementing the Islamic mannerisms and personality into ourselves.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Abu Darda' reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one's good manners."[/FONT] (Adab al Mufrad of Imam Bukhari)

Anas Radhiyallahu anhu said:[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] "I served the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, for ten years. During that time, he never once said to me as much as 'Oof' if I did something wrong. He never asked me, if I had failed to do something, 'Why did you not do it?,' and he never said to me, if I had done something wrong, 'Why did you do it?' "

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet of Allah (saaws) said, "And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners."[/FONT] (Adab al Mufrad of Imam Bukhari)

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] 'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, used very often to pray in the following manner, "O Allah! I ask You for good health, for trust, for self-control, for good manners, and to be satisfied with the divine decree."[/FONT] (adab al mufrad by Imam Bukhari).

There are also many other hadith, such as how the Prophet :saw: would mend his clothes, would milk the goats etc, he did work that many men would think did not befit them, but he did those chores, and helped all those in his home. How can we not be in awe of the best of all creation, the best human, our Prophet Muhammad :saw: ..

From the outset, we must have in our mind, that we have to be best in our manners. If we get married, then the day that we say a bad word or become angry, or act unjustly to our wife/husband, it is the day that our record, is tainted. Of course, in most cases it is forgiven, but it is rarely forgotten... And to have such patience is not easy, but it must be something we are Scared of .. for Allah's sake alone, for the day we will be infront of Allah Subahana wa ta'ala...

And what is more important is for us to be dutiful to our Parents. How many people get married, they respect and listen to their wife or husband over their own parents!! -- If the parents command you, in something which is not haram in Islam, you MUST obey them... There are so many hadith about the parents, especially the mother. Imaam Bukhari, did not choose to place the hadith about the parents at the start of the book of manners and character, Adab al Mufrad for no reason.

So, we must respect them, even if they are not Muslims. - But, we have to let go and move on, if they command us to do evil, or keep us in evil e.g. if they are not Muslims.

The best person is the one who is dutiful to his wife, and also one who understands every situation she is in, and wants help her.. and who is respectful to her parents.. and vice versa..

All these things are in our perfect Islam!! These are the things, that should make us weep.

When we know that Muhammad :saw: NEVER, NEVER talked when other people were speaking, he would Wait... until they finished, before he would speak!!

When we know that Muhammad :saw: was not just kind and gentle outside, for example, with his grandchildren who would climb on his back in the prayer, but he was the same in the house, with his family.

We can never be like the Prophet :saw:, his family and companions, but certainly we can try our best to be like that.

And all that I write here, is first for me, I ask Allah to help me, and I hope so much to Allah that I can put into action that which I ever write or advise my beloved brothers and sisters, and to keep us humble and sincere for Him alone.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Shishani

Staff member
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Maa shaa Allaah. May Allaah reward you with good.
Powerful words. This is how it should be. May Allaah grant us knowledge and keep us firm upon this Manhaj as-Salaf and make us die in that state! Aameen!

Wa billaahit-tawfeeq!

al-muslimah

ASAK Sister,
if i were in your position sister, i would bring all these questions in the flow while talking to him. for example regarding pet, i would let him know that i like pets and i have such and such a pet in my place and see his opinion/reaction to that, rather than asking him directly. i think putting it in a conversation like this helps you both. he should not find it as though you are grillling him and also it will ease some pressure off you.

And regarding your question abt if there is a difference between wife and Mom, i as a brother and believe me any brother would not like to say that he would support his wife atleast when he is talking to would-be spouse. Rather he would like to say he will be on the side of HAQQ, which is diplomatically correct.

Anyways you PS made me laugh at your innocence and nervousness.

:salam2:

yeah i agree in going in the flow..but its also good to be prepared:) like i know ill be nervous..so when i prepare my self ill be more cool and less nervous..thankyou for your advice it did help me for the pet part.

btw brother i didnt ask the question the one you refered in your second paragraph which is if there is differance between wife and mother??!!
the one i asked about parents was: "How do you treat your parents?" what i meant here is i want to know how he treats them as i really care how he really does...i want him to love his family speacially his parents..like if he is repectful to his mother ..his mother will respect him and always do dua'a to him..and thats what i want for my future husband.

jazaka allahu khayran :)

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2:

yeah i agree in going in the flow..but its also good to be prepared:) like i know ill be nervous..so when i prepare my self ill be more cool and less nervous..thankyou for your advice it did help me for the pet part.

btw brother i didnt ask the question the one you refered in your second paragraph which is if there is differance between wife and mother??!!
the one i asked about parents was: "How do you treat your parents?" what i meant here is i want to know how he treats them as i really care how he really does...i want him to love his family speacially his parents..like if he is repectful to his mother ..his mother will respect him and always do dua'a to him..and thats what i want for my future husband.

jazaka allahu khayran :)

:wasalam:

aaaawww, that's sweet mashaAllah, that you care so much for your future husband. that's a great think. MashAllah. asalamu alaykum wrwb. :hearts:

nizar83

aselemu aleikum, as an unmarried 25 year old young man...i must say i wouldnt have any problems with whatever question you wanted to ask..wolahi

it shows u are thinking about it in an adult way..it shows your not interested only, in what many ladies see as most important, in the way the whole thing will be celebrated etc etc

ask whatever you think is neccessary to know, but within the bounderies of ihtiraam and aglak.

i think there are some great books on these subjects...inshallah you will find 1 on time.

may allah ta3ala grant you what you deserve and need. aMIN

al-muslimah

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Maa shaa Allaah. May Allaah reward you with good.
Powerful words. This is how it should be. May Allaah grant us knowledge and keep us firm upon this Manhaj as-Salaf and make us die in that state! Aameen!

Wa billaahit-tawfeeq!

I second that..jazakum allahu khayran

al-muslimah

LoL Sister

Do you want to have kids lol- Waaay to early. :muslim_child:

Do you have any disease - He is going to think you are wieeeeeerd if you ask this( you know how we run a car fax- we should have a marriage fax report before getting married:SMILY335:)

I would suggest to make it a conversation BUT very important to ask a lot of questions. A lot of times ppl end up talking about weather/ politics which doesnt tell you anything about the person.

Plz dont ask why did you choose me

I would suggest ask questions about Islam and his character

What Role does Islam play in your life.
How do you pray during office
What are your comments about Hijab/Interest
Whats your career plan.
How do your friends describe you ( good guestion)
What are your interests.

Then talk about what you like and see his reaction. Eg i love my cat kuchikuchi :) or whaterver its name is and you can judge by where the conversation leads to.

Remember that everyhting doesnt have to match though, you need a lot of patience and adaptability in a successful marriage.

Salam

yes sure alot of patience as you said..ur the first one advicing me to ask alot of questions well then comes brother mabsoot...lol kuchkuchi haha..
jazakallahu khyran for your helpful questions:)

al-muslimah

Thankyou for your advice brother nizar..and ameen to your doaa..may allah grant you a wonderful wife..ameen

walasalm

slave_of_Allah

Assalamu alikum Brother Mabsoot

Masha'Allah your words were very powerful to read, and i learned alot from them, alhamduillah. I pray Allah gives you that which is best for your deen, and keeps your heart pure only for Allah. Aameen.

Wa'alikum aslaam.