Forgiveness!?

Wannabemuslim

Assalam alykum, this is something that worrys me alot, in my opinion the best thing about the prophet(pbuh) is his tremendous ability to forgive. He forgived people who did far worse than what people have done to us. I geuss its natrul, people tend to look at the black spots in the a personality. This is contrary to what out brilliant leader Muhammad (pbuh) thought, i dont know why we see so many muslims who dont know about forgivness and paitience, and beleive there modeling the prophet (pbuh).

If the prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness, then what about the hadith where the lady put trash on the Prophets door step, and continued to do so every day untill her death bed, on her death bed the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to her and talked to her,comforted her an forgave her, and then the woman converted to Islam.

If the Prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness what about the hadith where he was sleeping under a tree and a Bedouin came to him and put a sword at his neck and asked "who will save you" the Prophet (pbuh) Responded "Allah the almighty " the sword then dropped from the Bedouins hand and the prophet(pbuh) picked up the sword and said "who will save you from my hand". The Bedouin was remorseful and the prophet let him live.

If the prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness how come when the Muslims captured a spy from mecca trying to assassinate the prophet(pbuh) the prophet dismissed the frightened and remorseful spy by saying "even if you want to kill me, you will not be able to" and let him live.

If the Prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness how come when wounded in the battle of Uhud with blood streaming down his face he said "Oh allah please Guide my people, for they are ignorant"

If our role model did that^ then what is our excuse for us hating and not forgiving people for much smaller things? We see some certain people who hate a race because this is what they believe Allah(s/w/t) wants. The prophet (pbuh) converted the region to islam through teaching what he had was better. Why cant muslims teach non-muslims about islam, not through dawaa but throught good deeds

MutlekM

:salam2:
JazakAllaah khair. Thanks so much bro I really needed that reminder!! May Allaah grant us sabr nd Eeman. Ammeeeeen.
Peace:)

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: Jakaz allah khair for reading, forgot to add that our great prophrt (pbuh) spared the people in mecca when they took the city, no blood was spilled

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, to forgive is divine.

But, when the people as in Madina would not listen and go back on their word the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, had to destroy them.

We, individually, ask for forgiveness and we forgive as we ask for forgiveness. Yet, when it comes to protecting ourselves and our faith against oppression it is a different matter.

Does that make sense to you?

Wannabemuslim

:wasalam: yes it makes since. But im talking about the people who repent and accept islam as there religion, the prophet (pbuh) would never avenge personal injuries. But i think the point your trying to get across is we should oppose the modern day crusaders policys, there is no doubt that one day the blood will be on the other side one day, some people dont learn unless under threat if death, the dunya makes people weak,

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalam alykum, this is something that worrys me alot, in my opinion the best thing about the prophet(pbuh) is his tremendous ability to forgive. He forgived people who did far worse than what people have done to us. I geuss its natrul, people tend to look at the black spots in the a personality. This is contrary to what out brilliant leader Muhammad (pbuh) thought, i dont know why we see so many muslims who dont know about forgivness and paitience, and beleive there modeling the prophet (pbuh).

If the prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness, then what about the hadith where the lady put trash on the Prophets door step, and continued to do so every day untill her death bed, on her death bed the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to her and talked to her,comforted her an forgave her, and then the woman converted to Islam.

If the Prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness what about the hadith where he was sleeping under a tree and a Bedouin came to him and put a sword at his neck and asked "who will save you" the Prophet (pbuh) Responded "Allah the almighty " the sword then dropped from the Bedouins hand and the prophet(pbuh) picked up the sword and said "who will save you from my hand". The Bedouin was remorseful and the prophet let him live.

If the prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness how come when the Muslims captured a spy from mecca trying to assassinate the prophet(pbuh) the prophet dismissed the frightened and remorseful spy by saying "even if you want to kill me, you will not be able to" and let him live.

If the Prophet (pbuh) never taught forgiveness how come when wounded in the battle of Uhud with blood streaming down his face he said "Oh allah please Guide my people, for they are ignorant"

If our role model did that^ then what is our excuse for us hating and not forgiving people for much smaller things? We see some certain people who hate a race because this is what they believe Allah(s/w/t) wants. The prophet (pbuh) converted the region to islam through teaching what he had was better. Why cant muslims teach non-muslims about islam, not through dawaa but throught good deeds
:salam2:
Dear brother you made a beautiful point.May Allah reward you.Ameen.BarakAllah feek.
You are right,infact our lives should also be our dawah,we should try to model these virtues in our charecteristics.Dawah is not just telling people about Islam,it's about inviting them to Allah.How will we invite them?By displaying the virtues Islam instills in us as muslims,like being humble,forgiving,patient,honest ,truthful,polite etc.Combine that with teaching people about Islam,Nurun ala nur(Light upon light)!
It can work wonders.Infact this type of dawah has most effect on people,as it did in the days of the beloved prophet :saw: Never be harsh with people ,always be polite and answer their questions.In fact we should implement it always in our lives for our betterment and betterment of our society.
:jazaak: brother

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

There rarely is a scenario, in daily life, that cannot be won with forgiveness. Its a subtle aspect of whether to forgive or not.

Most of time Am at wrong end of judgement, while I should have forgiven, I forget to forgive. And more often transgress and then seek forgiveness. I feel, unless I has developed enough maturity, its futile to start thinking about when to not forgive.!!

Yes there is limit to who can be forgiven, and when to stand firm and hold the wrongdoer accountable. It need not turn violent at all.

May Almighty give us the heart to seek forgiveness for ones wrongs, the firmness from doing any wrong, and strength toforgive another's wrong and connect/correct them.... Ameen!

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, to forgive is divine.

But, when the people as in Madina would not listen and go back on their word the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, had to destroy them.

We, individually, ask for forgiveness and we forgive as we ask for forgiveness. Yet, when it comes to protecting ourselves and our faith against oppression it is a different matter.

Does that make sense to you?
Let me add, what has remained unsaid.
Prophet :saw: migrated to Medina on Allah's decree. The Prophet :saw2: did not destroy. What was destroyed was the lawless nature of then society. There was order, there was enlightenment, there was peace

Were they not forgiven in end anyways?