Four Wives!

Sister_X

:salam2:
My dear brothers and sisters we are all from different backgrounds, and according to our background we all see the world with different eyes. I'm thinking we should share stories, i mean seriouly...
tell me a story that will inspire me
motivate me
humor me.
educate me
cleans my soul ...(by "me" i mean Us)

I have heard that the best stories are narrated in Asia, no Africa...hmmm.. no ...North America,... no South America, no Anatarctica, no actually it's Europe,..no i am pretty sure it's Australia..hmm..no i'm not sure anymore.

Well anyways, here is a story...hope you enjoy it inshaAllah i will write more....salaam

THE 4 WIVES

There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.

He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.

Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!"

Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word.

The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart. The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated.

Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !"

Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives

HTML:
The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.

HTML:
Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others.

HTML:
The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

HTML:
The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure.

The only thing that will follow us is the soul cultivate and strengthen...and not wait till it's too late.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What a beautiful story indeed. What instruction can we take from this to cleanse our own souls.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Jazakumullah khair dear sister
Truly a reminder to me and to all of us. May Allah increase our Eeman and help us in this greatest exam which is the DUNYA.

wa/salam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Mashallah that story made cry...
That is so true why do we focuse and run after things that are temporary?
Why don't we run after for what will last for eternal?
Do we have no sense?

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
This is a another story I posted but thought I add it here too.

The value of parents
A little boy came up to his mother one evening while she was making supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mother had dried her hands on a apron she read it and this is what it said:
1) For cutting grass- $5.00
2) For cleaning up my room this week- $1.00
3) For going to the store for you- $0.50
4) Baby sitting my brother when you went shopping-$0. 25
5) For getting a good report- $5.00
6) For cleaning up and raking the yard-$2.00
Total charge-$14.75

Well the mother looked at him and took a pen and turned the piece of paper and wrote:
1) 9months I carried you while you grew inside me-No charge
2) For all the nights I stayed up for you, doctored you and prayed for you- No charge
3) All the trying times and tears you caused me through out the years-No charge
4) For all the nights filled with dread and for the worries I knew ahead-No charge
5) For all the toys, food, clothes and even wiping your nose-No charge
Son when you add it up the cost of my love is –No charge

When the boy finished reading what the mother wrote, his eyes filled with tears and said to his mother ‘Mother I sure do love you.

Then he took the pen and wrote in capital letter-PAID IN FULL

‘’Your Lord has decreed that you should worship nothing but him and show kindness to your parents, whether one or both of them attain old age (while they are )still with you never say to them ‘Shame! nor scold either of them. Speak to them in a generous fashion. Protect them carefully and say: My Lord, show them mercy, just as they cared for me as a little child.’ (Surah 17:23-24)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum
very touching story.I want also to share one story.

Story about mother...

Mother had a daughter and she loved her so much,she was always telling her how beautiful she is,that she is her prinsess,that she is so so beautiful

When the girl grow up she had to go to school.Everybody in school were loughing at her and were telling her that she was ugly,but she couldn't believe them,but it was true...she was crying and ran away,she said to her mother she hates her and didn't want ever see her...

One day the girl was in accident and the doctors told her that she will never see again,she lost her eyes.

her mother died after a while and one day the doctors told the girl that they can replace her eyes and she will be able to see...

After the opperation the girl looked at the mirror and could not believe ,because she looked so so beautiful ...

because those were her mother's eyes.She gave it for her ,when she was dieng...

wasalam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
assalamu aleikum
very touching story.I want also to share one story.

Story about mother...

Mother had a daughter and she loved her so much,she was always telling her how beautiful she is,that she is her prinsess,that she is so so beautiful

When the girl grow up she had to go to school.Everybody in school were loughing at her and were telling her that she was ugly,but she couldn't believe them,but it was true...she was crying and ran away,she said to her mother she hates her and didn't want ever see her...

One day the girl was in accident and the doctors told her that she will never see again,she lost her eyes.

her mother died after a while and one day the doctors told the girl that they can replace her eyes and she will be able to see...

After the opperation the girl looked at the mirror and could not believe ,because she looked so so beautiful ...

because those were her mother's eyes.She gave it for her ,when she was dieng...

wasalam

AWW REALLY GREAT STORY, JAK

Sister_X

One night there was a woman at the airport who had to wait for several hours before catching her next flight. While she waited she bought a book and a pack of biscuits to spend the time. She looked for a place to sit and waited.

She was deep into her book, when suddenly she realized that there was a young man sitting next to her who was stretching his hand, with no concern whatsoever, and grabbing the pack of cookies lying between them. He started to eat them one by one.

Not wanting to make a fuss about it she decided to ignore him. The woman, slightly bothered, ate the cookies and watched the clock, while the young and shameless thief of biscuits was also finishing them. The woman started to get really angry at this point and thought "If I wasn't such a good and educated person, I would have given this daring man a black eye by now."

Every time she ate a biscuit, he had one too. The dialogue between their eyes continued and when only one biscuit was left, she wondered what was he going to do. Softly and with a nervous smile, the young man grabbed the last biscuit and broke it in two. He offered one half to the woman while he ate the other half.

Briskly she took the biscuit and thought, "What an insolent man! How uneducated! He didn't even thank me!" She had never met anybody so fresh and sighed relieved to hear her flight announced. She grabbed her bags and went towards the boarding gate refusing to look back to where that insolent thief was seated.

After boarding the plane and nicely seated, she looked for her book which was nearly finished by now. While looking into her bag she was totally surprised to find her pack of biscuits nearly intact. "If my biscuits are here", she thought feeling terribly, "those others were his and he tried to share them with me." Too late to apologize to the young man, she realized with pain, that it was her who had been insolent, uneducated and a thief, and not him.

How many times in our lives, had we know with certainty that something happened in a certain way, only to discover later that it wasn't true?

How many times has our lack of trust within us made us judge other people unfairly with our conceited ideas, often far away from reality.

Abdullah bin Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet(sallAllahu alaiyhi wassallam) said:
Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially inflate prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not shun one another; and do not undercut one another in business transactions; and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. Piety is here - and he pointed to his chest three times. It is evil enough for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for another Muslim: his blood, his property and his honour.
[Muslim, Imam An-Nawawi's 40 hadith]

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
One night there was a woman at the airport who had to wait for several hours before catching her next flight. While she waited she bought a book and a pack of biscuits to spend the time. She looked for a place to sit and waited.

She was deep into her book, when suddenly she realized that there was a young man sitting next to her who was stretching his hand, with no concern whatsoever, and grabbing the pack of cookies lying between them. He started to eat them one by one.

Not wanting to make a fuss about it she decided to ignore him. The woman, slightly bothered, ate the cookies and watched the clock, while the young and shameless thief of biscuits was also finishing them. The woman started to get really angry at this point and thought "If I wasn't such a good and educated person, I would have given this daring man a black eye by now."

Every time she ate a biscuit, he had one too. The dialogue between their eyes continued and when only one biscuit was left, she wondered what was he going to do. Softly and with a nervous smile, the young man grabbed the last biscuit and broke it in two. He offered one half to the woman while he ate the other half.

Briskly she took the biscuit and thought, "What an insolent man! How uneducated! He didn't even thank me!" She had never met anybody so fresh and sighed relieved to hear her flight announced. She grabbed her bags and went towards the boarding gate refusing to look back to where that insolent thief was seated.

After boarding the plane and nicely seated, she looked for her book which was nearly finished by now. While looking into her bag she was totally surprised to find her pack of biscuits nearly intact. "If my biscuits are here", she thought feeling terribly, "those others were his and he tried to share them with me." Too late to apologize to the young man, she realized with pain, that it was her who had been insolent, uneducated and a thief, and not him.

How many times in our lives, had we know with certainty that something happened in a certain way, only to discover later that it wasn't true?

How many times has our lack of trust within us made us judge other people unfairly with our conceited ideas, often far away from reality.

Abdullah bin Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet(sallAllahu alaiyhi wassallam) said:
Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially inflate prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not shun one another; and do not undercut one another in business transactions; and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. Piety is here - and he pointed to his chest three times. It is evil enough for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for another Muslim: his blood, his property and his honour.
[Muslim, Imam An-Nawawi's 40 hadith]

Jazakallah khair ,nice story:)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
I remembered one more story,its my favorite one.I think many people know it..

One day a woman saw three old men sitting by her house,they asked her if they could come in .Their names were Love ,Sucsess,and Wealth .She told them that she had to ask permission from her husband ,when he comes back.
When her husband came home she asked if she can invite the men
.The husband said ,that she can only invite one of them .Then they started arguing which one they should invite.The wife said lets invite Wealth ,so our house will be filled with wealth.The Husband said ,no we should invite Sucsess,so we will become sucsessful.Then their daughter said ,no pls lets invite Love ,so our home will be filled with love.Ok they agreed to listen to their daughter and invite love.
The woman went outside and invited the man whose name was Love.He stand up and then 2 other men stand up also and they were going to the house.The woman said,that her husband allowed her to invite only one.
They said ,if u invited just sucsess or wealth they would go alone,
but when u invite Love two others always follow it ....

sorry for my english

salam