From Hippy to Muslim

Asalaam alaikum Y'all
I was born in Georgia USA and grew up as a baptist (christian) . By the time i was 15 i had questions about christianity that no one answered to MY satisfaction so i turned away from it . For the next 34 yearsi lived as a Hippy. As i got into my late 40's my health statrted to fail because of the hard way i had lived . I got too sick to work and so became homeless , i was sleeping on the streets. I got so sick i almost died , my right lung had collapsed and i was put in a hospital. when i came out of the hospital i was given a small pension so that i could live even though i could not work. This was the spring of 2003.
I was given an old computer and GW Bush decided to march into Iraq and i decided to investigate islam to see if there was a valid reason to oppose it . Over the next couple of months i became convinced that Islam was the true path that i should follow so i said shahadah in a chat room typing and then said it again at the closest masjid 2 days later in front of witnesses . That was 12 August 2003 or 13 Jumaada Al Thaany 1424 . I am happy to be muslim and Hope Allah is happy with me Making my nic here i made a mistake
I am Known as Thabit ibn Harold to all muslims online and offline and i bid you all Salaam alaikum

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
As salama alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatu. Inshallah may Allah make it easy for you. And welcome to TTI!!:hijabi:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum brother,

Masha Allah inspiring story. Surely Allah guides whoever HE wants to...you are one of those SubhanAllah.

Very welcome to the forums brother, I pray to Allah for good health and strength of Eman.

wa alaikum salam,

drmoka

:bismillah:
:wasalam:
i think you faced a very hard days in your life but alhamdukkah you finally found
the right path
thanks for G W BUSH who give us a new brother in islam
may allah give you happiness in your life & make paradise your final destination
i wish you make dua for me:SMILY259::SMILY139::SMILY206::SMILY206::jumpclap::jumpclap:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikum assalam

Welcome home my brother among ur family
Really thanks for bush !! many ppl I know converted to Islam when they heard his fakes about Islam
although he and his followers tried to give a bad image about Islam but Islam still spread bcz it's the true religion ( al 7amdulillah )

It was nice to read ur story
please my brother if u have anyQ and need any help don't hesitate , we are all here for you

Have a nice time !

Fatima

asalaam alaikum

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome . In the city where i live there are 3 masjid and i am known in all 3 . I am also know in a program named Paltalk in islamic rooms in the social issues sections in english and in middle eastern section under islam in the Arabic section. On Paltalk my nic is Thabit ibn Harold (it would be Thabit ibn Harold here if i had looked at it before making this nic lol) After being muslim for 6 years i am off on my next adventure soon inshaAllah , Hijrah to Morocco. I have been discusing marriage with the family of a sister there and will teach english inshaAllah (about all i can do with my health issues). I also post on Huffingtonpost on numerous isues in an attempt to provide a muslims perspective on issues in my country. I recon that makes this part 2 of my intro.

Ma'salaama
Thabit

ahmed_elnaggar

"O lord forgive me "
Wa allikom salam wa rahmat Allah wa barakato our brother in Islam :

Welcome in your family , and I hope from Allah to forgive your sins and guide you to the right way........ amen amen amen.