ghosts...??

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: everyone,

I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan. I hope you missed my questionssss.....anyway,
What is the Islamic view on ghosts? are we able to see them? Where does the soul go...lets say, for example, there was a grave some where and it was later destroyed, and the whole property was re-constructed as housing areas. The people who live there claim that they see "moving figures." Could these figures be ghosts? is it possible that a soul might just wonder around if its grave is not there anymore?

May Allaah reward you for your help! I really need to know this!

auroran

:salam2:

Muslims don't believe in ghosts because when you die, your soul is locked in the Barzakh and can never return to this world. Instead there is the jinn, a creature of Allaah that cannot be seen in its real form but in another form it chooses to take. Nothing happens to the soul when the grave is destroyed. It could be jinns trying to trick the family into believing in ghosts or an actual jinn family lived there and are very angry with what happened. Allaah knows best.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Muslims don't believe in ghosts because when you die, your soul is locked in the Barzakh and can never return to this world. Instead there is the jinn, a creature of Allaah that cannot be seen in its real form but in another form it chooses to take. Nothing happens to the soul when the grave is destroyed. It could be jinns trying to trick the family into believing in ghosts or an actual jinn family lived there and are very angry with what happened. Allaah knows best.

hmm, so the soul is just stuck in the barzakh....correct me if Iam wrong, but is the barzakh uhm the grave? or is it the life we take on between this life and the life of the here after?
thanks for the quick short reply! may Allaah reward you!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
ghosts don't exist...by a personal reflection I could say that when a person believes in ghosts,he feels scared from them,the mind can create the imagine of his fear and trasport it into the real ground.I think that many times ghosts are the projection of a mental design.I saw a documentery about the matter and I arrived to the conclusion that everything is out of the creation of Allah,is human imagination/invention,such as those "shadow-men".they are so called because they come from the scary of a person who fears the darkness and by consequence his mind makes up an imagine of a black shadow moving in the night,because as it is known,Shaytan gets stronger through things like fear/anger/hateness/luxury...
so ghosts are a human cration to make people to believe in what's unexistant,just to make Shaytan grow strong

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
hmm very interesting sister. I'd like to see the documetry insha'Allah. I just want to know more information on this matter. I love all the answers ya'll give masha'Allaah,tabaraka'Allah. I live near a graveyard. I never saw anything and i'd probably be dead scared if I seen somehing....but alhamdulillah I havent! The brain works in a myterious way wallahi.....I was reading my abnormal psychology book the other day. I came across people with schizophrenia.....apparently some of them "see" people and others just hear voices which is why it is very difficult for the to function well in the society. So, yea the brain is able to creat things that dont exist.....may Allaah help us all.

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

There is no such thing as 'ghost' but the closest thing to it in islam perspective is Jinns.
the barzakh is the grave, souls are locked up there untill the day of judgment.

auroran

hmm, so the soul is just stuck in the barzakh....correct me if Iam wrong, but is the barzakh uhm the grave? or is it the life we take on between this life and the life of the here after?
thanks for the quick short reply! may Allaah reward you!

Yes it's between this life and the hereafter, like another dimension. The soul stays there until the Day of Judgement.

aisha16

:salam2: everyone,

I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan. I hope you missed my questionssss.....anyway,
What is the Islamic view on ghosts? are we able to see them? Where does the soul go...lets say, for example, there was a grave some where and it was later destroyed, and the whole property was re-constructed as housing areas. The people who live there claim that they see "moving figures." Could these figures be ghosts? is it possible that a soul might just wonder around if its grave is not there anymore?

May Allaah reward you for your help! I really need to know this!

I thought this was gonna be a jinn story kind of thing...:( Just kidding, but most likely just the result of jinn.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I thought this was gonna be a jinn story kind of thing...:( Just kidding, but most likely just the result of jinn.

Assalaamu alaikum,

done ever expect a jinn story from me sister Aisha...:p I am terrifiedddddddddddddddd of such stories and would never tell any.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

What is the Islamic view on ghosts?
There is no such thing in Islam.. "NO GHOSTS ALWAYS!!!"

are we able to see them?
Basically... there is no Ghost... so that we cant see them as you can never see some thing which does not exist lol

Where does the soul go...

to be simple.... the soul's journey can be described with a single straight line.... (This is how I twch my kids in Sunday school :shymuslima1:)

Ok fine ...let us take this straight line which has 06 main points......

`Aalamul arwa`---`Mother's womb`----`word/ dunya`------`Grave`---------`Mahshar`--------`Jannah / Jahannam`

You see the souls were gathered in Aalmul arwa (The world of Soul) before we were sent down to the earth... every human's life is starting in this point...

then we were sent into the mother's womb.... (The soul)

Then the soul lives in the human body ...in this world.... it has the free will, whether to choose bad / good...

when the death touches it... it goes to the grave...actually its living in the grave.. BUT MARK THIS POINT... after the death it can never contact the living human beings..

Later on Mahshar on the day of judgment...

then THE ETERNAL life in jannah or Jahannam...

You see it's journey is straight lined... and it travels ONNNLY on a single DIRECTION... it cant deviate or skip or come backwards..
only the "forward button" is working with it lol

But to be short and sweet, I think this Qur'anic verse will Insha Allah answer you

And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rûh (the Spirit); Say: "The Rûh (the Spirit): is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." (17:85)
is it possible that a soul might just wonder around if its grave is not there anymore?

:SMILY149: No dear ..not at all.... :)

Allah knows the best...

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I used to hear stories about how, after someone died, their relatives used to see their "soul" come to visit them soonafter. But then I read somewhere that though souls are locked forever in Barzakh, there is the Jinn companion with every human being, the Qareen, who knows his/her human companion so well, that sometimes, they can take on the form of that person and go visit their relatives after their companion dies...

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
one day I read a hadith about the power of Dajjal over humans:his servants(shayatin)are able to make a person to believe that what they see is true,until they are pulled to commit Shirk billah by worshipping them.many charlatans say to have spiritual contact with the ghost of a person,but it is a lie.it only exist Allah,Angels,Jinn.the ghosts are something that has been created to make the mind of people slave of what doesn't exist.trust to Allah.I had experiences of Jinn,where the reverted ones told some things that don't exist in any books,and ghosts are one of these matters:wasalam:

xAllahKnowsBestx

there is the Jinn companion with every human being, the Qareen, who knows his/her human companion so well, that sometimes, they can take on the form of that person and go visit their relatives after their companion dies...

Wow, that's kinda creepy. :/ I read that they're the ones who whisper and all that.. Is it possible to pray for your Qareen to become a Muslim since Jinns have free will as well..? (Or give Dawah to your Qareen, lol). Weird question, but yeah..

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

I used to hear stories about how, after someone died, their relatives used to see their "soul" come to visit them soonafter. But then I read somewhere that though souls are locked forever in Barzakh, there is the Jinn companion with every human being, the Qareen, who knows his/her human companion so well, that sometimes, they can take on the form of that person and go visit their relatives after their companion dies...

Yeah I've heard that too. It's a very popular Subcontinent belief. The only difference I heard was that only the GOOD Muslims were allowed to visit their loved ones after that. Even some Imams believe that. But they too were from the Subcontinent.

Honestly I have no idea if it's true or not. My father once saw his dead mother crying for him right after he came home from having a major surgery. That was when my mother explained to me that sometimes, the souls of good Muslims visited their loved ones and also were given progress of how their loved ones were faring in the dunya.

Wallahu alim, I truly have no idea. You're right, it could be the qareen.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Is it possible to pray for your Qareen to become a Muslim since Jinns have free will as well..? (Or give Dawah to your Qareen, lol). Weird question, but yeah..

Why not? The Prophet :saw: gave dawah to his and it became Muslim.

At least that's what I heard. Wallahu alim.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yeah I've heard that too. It's a very popular Subcontinent belief. The only difference I heard was that only the GOOD Muslims were allowed to visit their loved ones after that. Even some Imams believe that. But they too were from the Subcontinent.

Honestly I have no idea if it's true or not. My father once saw his dead mother crying for him right after he came home from having a major surgery. That was when my mother explained to me that sometimes, the souls of good Muslims visited their loved ones and also were given progress of how their loved ones were faring in the dunya.

Wallahu alim, I truly have no idea. You're right, it could be the qareen.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear sister, it is not good that we give our own opinions regarding something that we do not know, and what is hidden to us, except that this knowledge is only with Allah.

Allah subhan wa teala sais in Quran : "And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rooh (the Spirit); Say: "The Rooh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." " ( Surah al israa, ayah 85)

I have also heared this stories as well, but I never truly belived in them as I know that Allah is the only One who knows about our soul and what will happen with out soul in barzaah. We have only knowledge from Quran and Sunnah, and we should only share this knowledge, and only that what we know that it is realy truth.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong to you dear sister, but my intention was only to remaind all of us that we try to always share knowledge from Quran and Sunnah only, and intepretation of our deen Islam from good and authentic Schoolars of Islam, that we as Muslims be on the right path.

And Allah knows the best.:tti_sister:

May Allah bless you

:wasalam: