GLOBAL WARMING IN QUR'AN

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Can anyone provide information about Global Warming in the Qur'an?

It does not need to use the 'exact wording' but indication of how our earth is to be affected in time of the future.

Salam

AbuKhalid

I dont know if there is this info in the Quran.

But I know in the haddeth it is mentionned about a long period of drought that will happen. Also about the sun getting very close to the earth, and some will have Allah's protection.

But global warming, in my own opinion is just a natural process that Allah made ... just like in the past there was global warming and ice age to test the humans and the jinns. Allhu a'lam

MuslimBeauty

Asalam 3alekum

I really dont know etheir if there is info in the Qur'an about globel warming. But i heard that global warming is being caused because of us and the way we treat the earth cause the way the world is treated will cause the world to be the way it is in the future.
But remember what ever happens is ment to happen.

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum, i amthinking of sura ar rum 30:41 let`s check :

"mischief has appeared in the land and sea because of what men have done with their own hands that Allah may give them a taste of some of their deeds, in order that they may turn back"(SURA AR RUM 30:41)
so if global warming is also the result of CO2 gas emmissions produced espacially by the industrialised nations to support a way of life that is contrary to Allah swt teachings there you go!natural catastrophies due to environmental damage is a fenomenon that hasn`t been concidered a problem for mankind until the 20th century! allah swt knows best

wassalam

Jihan

assalamu aleikum, i amthinking of sura ar rum 30:41 let`s check :

"mischief has appeared in the land and sea because of what men have done with their own hands that Allah may give them a taste of some of their deeds, in order that they may turn back"(SURA AR RUM 30:41)
so if global warming is also the result of CO2 gas emmissions produced espacially by the industrialised nations to support a way of life that is contrary to Allah swt teachings there you go!natural catastrophies due to environmental damage is a fenomenon that hasn`t been concidered a problem for mankind until the 20th century! allah swt knows best

wassalam

woow!!!! the Quran never seizes to amaze me. i mean what is global warming other than a result of mischief, where man thought he was on top of the mountain with his gas.. and everything. but this is Allah's way of showing they do not have power over nature.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

This was what I was looking for. Ahlamdulillah for this.

Salam

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

i have read this ayat in the Quran
21:44 Surah Al Anbiya
Nay, We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; see they not that we gradually reduce the land (in their control) from it's outlying borders ? Is it then they who will win ?

What do you think ? Because of global warming, water level will rise, so then what will happen to the lands ? the outlying borders geographically will be gradually reduced. :tti_sister: Allah knoweth Best.

-Majid-

salam :)

:salam2:

ah there is more about global warming than this aya of the holy Quarn just need time to find it (ive already read about it and its already classified : quran miracle)

wa :salam2:

AndiRB

subhana-allah, there are so many ayats about environmental problems.

I have found something which is close to global warming, or better said, it's one side effect: sour rain (I don't know if you call it that way in Enlish or not, please correct me)

Sura 56, 68-70:
"See ye the water which ye drink?
Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?
Were it Our Will, We could make it saltish (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?"

Very interesting in these circumstances is that there are mentioned the trees directly afterwards. When we look at nowadays forests which are damaged by sour rain, it's an eyeopener.

:wasalam:

omar.ghamdi

HOLD ON TO YOUR HORSES PEOPLE...!!!!

I have something to say about these issues and I know that I will face a lot of criticism from some of you if not all. let me start by saying that we do believe that Quran is the word of God otherwise we will not be Muslims in the first place; however, we should not carry everything that is happening around us as it should have something in Quran or Sunnah about it. This is a very delicate and critical issue which is interrupting Quran and Sunnah with modern science. This is a field that is not for anyone; especially as ignorant as myself, to enter and say his opinion about it. It takes scientists and people with knowledge of both Islam and Science or two sides from each art. Why is that? Because of one simple reason, science is based purely an experimental environment, a proven experiment starts as a hypothesis and if tested successfully it gets upgraded to theory and if it’s successful in additional testing, it become a scientific fact. After 50 or 100 years, there is a very big possibility that this scientific fact gets downgraded as low as to be considered as false. For example, when initial studies started on cancer they said it is a virus, now and after almost 100 years of researching only 10 or 15 years ago, they said NO, it is not a virus it is a malfunction of specific gene inside the cell which cause cancer to occur. Maybe after 100 years, they will say not it is not and they could contribute it to something else. In this volatile atmosphere, I cannot say to people, and especially to the non-Muslim, WAIT GUYS, I have a verse in Quran that can be related or interrupted in a way that could lead to causes of global warming.

Do you know that there are prominent scientists stating today and as loud as possible that global warming is a HOAX, please look at the below link for a documentary about this issue. However, you could argue with me that global warming is not a HOAX, but definitely you cannot argue the fact that it is very dangerous to relate Sunnah and Quran with contemporary events:

Enjoy !!!!!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4520665474899458831&q="Global+Warming+Swindle"

somewhatinspired

we should examine whos paying the scientists you quote

there are also many many scientists who claim that cigarettes are not addictive.

i think we can look at the evidence in the case of global warming
and come to a pretty obvious conclusion.

there are a few facts that cant be denied:
we burn tons of oil and create lots of gas that was never here in abundance
we make all kinds of plastics. and we dont have anyway to dispose of them
and we are cutting down all our trees

the polar ice caps are melting
the sea level is rising
polar bears which have been around for thousands of years if not more, and endangered and nearly extinct because the ice they live on is melting.

until now there was never any factories cars or plastics.

resulting in greenhouse gas effects, and poor air quality.
polluted water(from oil extraction)

all leading to global warming and negative health affects for all the creatures on earth including ourselves.

don't forget our biological dependence is exactly the same as all the other animals on this earth. we are not aliens we are created from the earth.

im pretty sure all that can be classified as mischief on the earth.

don't get me wrong im not expert...and for all i know, cigarettes may not be addictive

ryan

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
I have something to say about these issues and I know that I will face a lot of criticism from some of you if not all. let me start by saying that we do believe that Quran is the word of God otherwise we will not be Muslims in the first place; however, we should not carry everything that is happening around us as it should have something in Quran or Sunnah about it. This is a very delicate and critical issue which is interrupting Quran and Sunnah with modern science. This is a field that is not for anyone; especially as ignorant as myself, to enter and say his opinion about it. It takes scientists and people with knowledge of both Islam and Science or two sides from each art. Why is that? Because of one simple reason, science is based purely an experimental environment, a proven experiment starts as a hypothesis and if tested successfully it gets upgraded to theory and if it’s successful in additional testing, it become a scientific fact. After 50 or 100 years, there is a very big possibility that this scientific fact gets downgraded as low as to be considered as false. For example, when initial studies started on cancer they said it is a virus, now and after almost 100 years of researching only 10 or 15 years ago, they said NO, it is not a virus it is a malfunction of specific gene inside the cell which cause cancer to occur. Maybe after 100 years, they will say not it is not and they could contribute it to something else. In this volatile atmosphere, I cannot say to people, and especially to the non-Muslim, WAIT GUYS, I have a verse in Quran that can be related or interrupted in a way that could lead to causes of global warming.

Do you know that there are prominent scientists stating today and as loud as possible that global warming is a HOAX, please look at the below link for a documentary about this issue. However, you could argue with me that global warming is not a HOAX, but definitely you cannot argue the fact that it is very dangerous to relate Sunnah and Quran with contemporary events:

Enjoy !!!!!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4520665474899458831&q="Global+Warming+Swindle"

:salam2:
I agree with some of what you say brother. But the problem is that sometimes even scholars exaggerate in relating Quran and Sunna to science, and sometimes other scholars fall short of spotting any relationship or relevance. There are two camps:
1-Those who refuse relating Quran and Sunna to science.
2-Those who overdo the relating of Quran and Sunna to science.

I guess there should be a third camp that is mediocre and prudent and who are so careful (and I'm sure some scholars are already there).

Important: The Quran is all authentic verbatim word of God (قطعي الثبوت).
However, not all of the Quran is certain in meaning, to our deficient understanding as humans (some is sound in meaning قطعي الدلالة, and some is of different possible meanings, ظني الدلالة)
The same thing applies to Sunna in terms of meaning, and some of which are authentic and some come in lesser degrees of authenticity.

There are many verses in the Quran that are certain in meaning and are adequate proofs for unbelievers that the Quran is the word of God:

فَمَن يُرِدِ اللّهُ أَن يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلإِسْلاَمِ وَمَن يُرِدْ أَن يُضِلَّهُ يَجْعَلْ صَدْرَهُ ضَيِّقًا حَرَجًا كَأَنَّمَا يَصَّعَّدُ فِي السَّمَاء كَذَلِكَ يَجْعَلُ اللّهُ الرِّجْسَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ
الأنعام 125

Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, H
e makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe. (6:125)

وَهُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ
الأنبياء 33

And He it is Who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon;
all (orbs) travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres. (21:33)

There are adequate verses (actually even one would be adequate) in the Quran that are certain in meaning and relate authentically to science.

Now, why should we as Muslims exaggerate in relating verses, sometimes unnecessarily, that are uncertain in meaning to scientific discoveries and then endanger our reputation and integrity if/when some scientific discoveries turn out to be shaky in future?

This is my humble, probably mistaken, point of view from my own reading and watching of different programs. I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

sugarbb

Enjoy !!!!!!!!

Inviting an argument is not right bro,? :astag: We are here to share and with regards to global warming in the Quran - Allah Knows Best !