Going CRAZY!!!!

massi

As salamo alaikome..

Then the supervisors leave and these 3 monsters I work with (hahahaha just kidding) go across the street and bring back HUGE hamburgers, fries and drinks that smell WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL in this office that just got that much smaller.
:lol: just reading these words make me Hungry !!! O_O so how if they 'll be next to me O_O !!! But you 'll show them How a good Muslimah deal with this situation , right ???:lol: !!!

katieanneb

Salem sister,
I Know it's difficult when people eat around you, but don't forget you get extra reward (hasanet) when other people eat in front of you whilst you're fasting, so be steadfast.
I'm proud of you for being Muslim and practicing your religion.
If you can't find meat which has been slaughtered according to Islamic practices, you can eat meat ( but not pork, of course) of the "People of the Book", ie, Christians and Jews, and by saying "Bismillah" before eating. This is only if it's really impossible to find halal meat. One alternative is to eat fish and other sea foods, which are all halal.
I wish you all the best for Ramadhan, and may Allah reward us for our "ibada".
Your sister in Islam...... Salem.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Salam

I think I will tell my hubby that I want hamburger and fries for dinner tonight - that sounds sooooooo gooooooood! :-D

Wa alaikome salam sis........

I was cracking up when I read your post. I see you understood that my thread was posted in a joking manner. Tonight its fried chicken. And by the way that hamburger hurt my stomach so it probably wasnt as good as it smelled!!!! Hahahahaha :lol:

Isra

aka Tree2008
:lol: just reading these words make me Hungry !!! O_O so how if they 'll be next to me O_O !!! But you 'll show them How a good Muslimah deal with this situation , right ???:lol: !!!

As salamo alaikome.......

Yep youre right brother I will show them how strong a Muslim can really be! Hahahaha. :SMILY346:

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:
WOW... Sister you are gathering some real heavy duty Ajar :ma:

I have to deal with all these smell too during lunch time because many people eat their lunch in their office these days. Yesterday I was in a "lunch meeting"... Businesses these days are finding new ways of loading work on people, so they came up with these lunch meetings. So here I was sitting with people around me who were eating lunch while I was not. It is hard.

Believe me sister after a week or so you will get used to it and you will not feel as much as you are feeling now. And after Ramadan you will look back and say... Hmmm it was not that bad or difficult as you thought it would be.

Other people (non-Muslims) get impressed and are amazed how we do it. This also creates a good dawah opportunity.

Keep it up sister.
:wasalam:

Wa alaikome salam brother......

Ohhhh Im so sorry you are experiencing the same situation! But youre right because everytime I am around people eating it makes me stronger and SO proud of myself for holding on tight to my deen.

Actually Ramadan itself and the fact I chose this blessed month to begin wearing hijab has presented a perfect dawah opportunity and I have had alot of questions which actually surprised me that I was able to answer. It also showed me how much I have learned!!!!

Most of the women I work with tell me they could NEVER do the fasting for 30 days even though I explained its not as hard as it sounds. Its only from sunrise to sunset......they still act like its something they can NEVER do. My thought.......you can DO whatever you NEED to do to save your own soul and inshallah they will realize that before its too late.

But anyway brother I really posted this thread with hopes to put a smile on my brothers and sisters faces. I thought maybe some would find my situation amuzing as I do.

q8penpals

Salam

Well, I work at a school that, in it's mission statement, supposedly promotes Islamic Values.

So, next Monday, we are setting up a breakfast for the teachers, even though MORE THAN HALF of our teachers are Muslim (oh, and I am one of the 2 teachers that are assigned to actually shop for and set it up!).

So, beat that!?! LOL!

Actually, I haven't really felt hungry at all during fasting this week, alhumdilullah, but I HAVE felt, at times, like i could drink a gallon of water! LOL!

IslamicGirl24

Hey! Does nobody has any sympathy for us poor students who have to sit n the heat for 6 non stop hours and listen to EIGHT different lectures during our fasts??!!:(:(
Poor innocent childrn!!

Amina 1

Are you kidding me? They cant even control the words that come out of their mouths and I am here wearing hijab. They know my religion and they know I am fasting but they have no respect for anything. That is pretty typical of most people here in this country though.

Its impossible to move to a place away from them when they are eating because we have one room with a bunch of desks that face each other so I am right by them at all times when I am working. Its not so much the food itself but the SMELL that got me going crazy! hahahaha but Im ok I just felt like complaining because I am feeling a bit irritated today. :shymuslima1:

I know sweet little sister........you told me before that we are at opposite ends of the fasting time line. I will make dua for you little one....just as I do every time I break the fast! :hearts:

Assalam Alaikum Warahamatullahi Wabarakatu:hearts:

When I first started fasting I used to work in a small office with four other people they were like the people you described. The whole store had access to our office When people found out I reverted and knew I was fasting everyone would bring food and homemade cakes and bring me drinks and the same people would ask me over and over again if I wanted something to eat or drink and how they were worried about my health cause I was going to get sick or something it was just inhumane for me not to eat or drink.I passed three Ramadan's with those people it helped me to increase my willpower.I do not work there anymore Hamdulillah!!!!:hearts: So I understand what you are going through I will pray a dua for you so you can remain strong :tti_sister::tti_sister:do not let them break you!! Allah will reward you for your perserverance. Ramadan Mubarak my sister and may Allah give you strength in this life so all your burdens will become light:tti_sister::hearts:

Isra

aka Tree2008
Salam

Well, I work at a school that, in it's mission statement, supposedly promotes Islamic Values.

So, next Monday, we are setting up a breakfast for the teachers, even though MORE THAN HALF of our teachers are Muslim (oh, and I am one of the 2 teachers that are assigned to actually shop for and set it up!).

So, beat that!?! LOL!

Actually, I haven't really felt hungry at all during fasting this week, alhumdilullah, but I HAVE felt, at times, like i could drink a gallon of water! LOL!

Wa alaikome salam sis......

THIS describes me exactly! I can go days if needed without food but the thirst is TERRIBLE. My mouth tastes like it has dirt in it. Im sure my breath smells lovely......NOT! HAHAHAHA I try not to get too close to people when I have to speak to them. I figure if I can TASTE the terrible it MUST be pretty bad!!!! HAHAHA During fasting I think we should feel more sorry for the non-Muslims who have to be near us!

Try drinking those power ade or sport drinks when you are able to break the fast. They are supposed to replenish the electrolites you lose when you go without fluids. It seems to make it easier for me than any other fluid I have tried this week.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Hey! Does nobody has any sympathy for us poor students who have to sit n the heat for 6 non stop hours and listen to EIGHT different lectures during our fasts??!!:(:(
Poor innocent childrn!!

As salamo alaikome.......

Awwwwww honey I feel sorry for you but try working 2 jobs and fasting during both. And the worst part is the morning job is in a grocery store where we have ALL food sales!!!! :girl3:

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalam Alaikum Warahamatullahi Wabarakatu:hearts:

When I first started fasting I used to work in a small office with four other people they were like the people you described. The whole store had access to our office When people found out I reverted and knew I was fasting everyone would bring food and homemade cakes and bring me drinks and the same people would ask me over and over again if I wanted something to eat or drink and how they were worried about my health cause I was going to get sick or something it was just inhumane for me not to eat or drink.I passed three Ramadan's with those people it helped me to increase my willpower.I do not work there anymore Hamdulillah!!!!:hearts: So I understand what you are going through I will pray a dua for you so you can remain strong :tti_sister::tti_sister:do not let them break you!! Allah will reward you for your perserverance. Ramadan Mubarak my sister and may Allah give you strength in this life so all your burdens will become light:tti_sister::hearts:

Wa alaikome salam sis.......

Jazakallah khairan for the dua sis you will be in mine as well. Take care and may Allah keep us all strong in our fasting. Ameen.