Hadith Question?

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

I wanted to find a hadith about reading surah Dukhan on fridays and its rewards? i am not sure if anyone could clarify and give me the reference to the hadith i would be really grateful, i am a bit confused i thought only Surah Kahf you read on Jummah maybe they have different benefits......

:wasalam:

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: sister,

Im afraid there are no authentic hadiths about the virtues of reading any surahs except Surat al-Kahf. If you're a native Arabic speaker, you can refer to fatwa 129502 in www.Islamqa.com , but I couldn't find its English translation. Hope this helps isA.:hearts:

Salam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khairan katheeran sister i am not a arabic speaker but i have read the hadith about surah Kahf but i heard this today the person said that 70 000 angels ask forgiveness for you and mercy from Allah when you read surah dukhan Jummah time ?? and i wasnt sure so i thought i would check before i follow blindly Jaza kallahu khairan:hijabi:

May Allah guide us all and bless us with Jannah al Firdows :tti_sister:

Thanks for the reply sis :hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Habibati fi allah...the hadiths regarding Surat Al-Dukhan..are *all* either *very weak* or they're flat-out *fabricated*...there aren't any *authentic* hadiths about the *virtue* of reading Surat Al-Dukhan (specifically) on Friday or any other day for that matter..

The Suras or verses which hold virtue or excellence are clear and validated (i.e. Ayat Al-Kursi, Surat Al-Baqara, Surat Al-Kahf, Al-Fatiha, Al-Moa'awithatain, Al-Imran, Al-Sajda, Al-Mulk, Al-Ikhlas, the last couple of verses of Surat Al-Baqara, and the last verses of Surat Al-Imran)

All in all..Rasulullah (saaws) mentioned certain Suras for us so we may benefit from them when *we need them*..but he (saaws) also wished for us to take *the whole* Qura'an as an *excellence* and keep it near to heart and spirit...because he (saaws) knew its virtue..felt it in his heart and spirit..and implemented it in deeds and actions better than any Muslim..had..or ever will!

Sometimes when I hear about Muslims taking the hadiths *specifiying the virtue* of certain suras so *fanatically*..I fear that we will have *generations of Muslims* who will know only Surat Al-Baqara, Surat Al-Kahf, Al-Mulk, et cetra out of *all the Qura'an*...with all the ignorance persisting in the lives of many..this would mean more *chaos* to the faith of our brethren!..may Allah guide us and protect us all

P.S. please check out the link below..it has a list of fatwas regarding weak..fabricated..and authenticated hadiths about Suras..inshallah it will be of benefit to you ukhti.

http://islamqa.com/en/cat/243

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Jaza kallahu khairan katheeran sister i am not a arabic speaker but i have read the hadith about surah Kahf but i heard this today the person said that 70 000 angels ask forgiveness for you and mercy from Allah when you read surah dukhan Jummah time ?? and i wasnt sure so i thought i would check before i follow blindly Jaza kallahu khairan:hijabi:

May Allah guide us all and bless us with Jannah al Firdows :tti_sister:

Thanks for the reply sis :hearts:

Oh yes..I have come across this hadith..this one *in specific* is actually categorized as *very weak* by scholars...and jazaki allah khair for asking..I am sure this will be of benefit for others who might not know this :)

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Wa iyak :hearts:

Jaza kallahu khair to you all for clearing up my doubts i am really grateful and happy i can count on you all for back up :hijabi:

Love you all for Allah's Sake :hearts: