HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
As salamu 'alaikkum, brother ayman, you need to know that the in general the consensus among the ulema is that celebrating birthdays is not allowed. And as a muslim we follow the consensus of the muslim scholars. For they are the people of knowledge, and Allah tells us to go to the people of knowledge when we are in need of answers. So brother please refrain from giving your own opinions, rather if a scholar has given a fatwa, then feel free to share it with us and in shaAllah we can all benifit from it, else it is better that we refrain from giving our opinions. It is not befitting for us to interpret the Quran and sunnah according to the translations provided, while the scholars have studied all their life, excelled in their arabic, memorized the books of Allah, and the hadith of prophet muhammed salallahu alaihi wa salam. So let us go back to the scholars in shaAllah. Else if we take the deen in our own hands, then we will start making mother's day, friends day, fathers day halal. Celebrations are limited to Eid only

Wa salamu 'alaikkum

assalamu allaicum

Mashallah,great response dear brother. I agree with you that we should always get back to Quran and Sunah teachings,and that is why we should refrains from giving our own subjective opinions regarding Islam.And Allah knows the best.

May Allah reword you

:wasalam:

phy_sabet

who strive hard

peace upon u sister Dilek

For me when my birth day comes I don`t know what I have to do

to be happy or sad

to celebrate or regret

suffering more mental travails

remembering the 22 last years what i ve gained and what i `ve losed

I found more and more sins and little light spots of success

ya i`ve finshed my studies

Im an engineer in a very interesting field al hamdu le ALLAH

more brothers love me for the sake of ALLAH and me too

may be those r the only weighted light spots

but what i`ve did for the Ummah and Islam?

how many sins per day or let`s say per an hour I earned?

more up and downs lot of questions and less answers

But one day an amazing idea was inspired

ALLAH bestowed me life in a day like that and I was born a Muslim what

a gift .

so what about thanksgiving ALLAH in that day ya i`ll celebrate my

birthday with ALLAH

what about doing an extra ordinary worshiping that I `ve never done?

let`s spend all the money that I have now for the sake of ALLAH

or let`s make this day the most that I will help Muslims and drive happiness

for their hearts

what about fasting and lots of dua ?

what about complete recitation of the whole Quran?

what about parents ? let`s cheer and honor them like no other

what about orphans? let`s play and laugh with them

give me more dude .........

but another hard question comes up is that considered as

heresy (Bed`ah)?

so I asked and the answer was yes if and only if u only did that in ur birth

day specifically every year so I decided to pass it through all the days

of the year.

Also u must do this in the intent of not celebrating ur birthday but because u

feel that u don`t do well in the last 22 years and u `ve to keep balance

That`s ALL

and now more words is my gift not for ur birthday but because u r a

Muslima :D

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61569

gzakom ALLAH khiran

wishing more Increase in faith and worshiping

:salam2:

th30n3

How do any of these verses prove that celebrating birthdays is forbidden? What do birthdays have to do with religion or theology? If this discussion was about celebrating Christmas, then these verses may be relevant.

Email and online forums are not part of this matter. Are they innovations that we should abandon? If not, why did you pick on birthdays?

You have not established that they are bid`a! A bid`a is not any innovation, otherwise cars and cell phones would be bid`a. A bid`a is an addition to or alteration of a religious matter. How is celebrating birthdays an alteration of or addition to the religion? They are an addition to social life. They have nothing to do with religion.

To be consistent with your interpretation of this hadeeth, you must not wear pants, only sirwaals, you must not buy a car, a cell phone, a computer or have electricity in your house because all of these are innovations created by the Jews and Christians. You must not get vaccinated or take any modern medicine because they were all invented by the Kuffaar!

The hadeeth talks about matters of religion, not everyday life. It warns Muslims against celebrating Christmas, for instance, since it is a religious holiday of the Christians. Muslims should not wear a yamaka like the Jews for instance. Muslims should not announce prayer times with a bell, for instance. That type of thing is what the hadeeth is talking about.

Ya ikhwaan ask yourself this....why would any muslim want to celebrate birthdays when there is nothing to gain from it? The way I'am thinking is that each year...month...week...day...hour...minute...second...your getting closer and closer to your death so why would any muslim be happy about that? The only ones I think about that would be happy to meet their end are the muslims that actually know with surety that they will go to jannah, but who from amongst us knows that today? Like Shiekh Anwar Al Awlaki said in the video we should take our lives very seriously as we don't have time for this non-sense. Below I underlined Shiekh Uthaiymeen's [May Allaah have mercy on him.Ameen]. fatwaa on this issue and it is very clear to me so his opinion is my opinion.

Her mother wants to give her a birthday party – what should she do?
I managed to find out that my mother, who is not Muslim, is planning to give me a surprise party on my birthday. What is the ruling on that? If it is not permissible, then how can I avoid upsetting my mother (by refusing)?

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

With regard to this observance which people call “birthdays” (eid milaad in Arabic), Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) issued the following fatwa:

“Everything which is taken as an ‘eid’ (something which is celebrated regularly) and is repeated each week or each year and is not prescribed in sharee’ah, is a kind of bid’ah (reprehensible innovation). The evidence for that is the fact that the Lawgiver prescribed ‘aqeeqah for the newborn, and did not prescribe anything after that. When they adopt these observances every week or every year, it means that they are making them like the Islamic Eids, which is haraam and is not permitted. There are no celebrations in Islam apart from the three prescribed Eids: ‘Eid al-Fitr, ‘Eid al-Adha, and the weekly ‘Eid’ which is Friday (Yawm al-Jumu’ah).

This does not come under the heading of customs because it is repeated. Hence when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Madeenah and found that the Ansaar had two festivals which they used to celebrate, he said, ‘Allaah has given you something better than these: Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr.’ (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 1556; Abu Dawood, 1134; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah, no. 124), even though this was one of their customs.”

From Sharh Kitaab al-Tawheed, 1/382; see also Question # 1027.

Secondly:

With regard to how you should deal with your mother, I think that you should be frank with her, and tell her that this action is not permitted by Allaah, and that the religion of Islam forbids this, and that as this is the case you cannot come to this party. Tell her. “Were it not for the fact that Allaah does not allow it, I would have been happy to come, and I thank you, but it is not up to me or anyone else, it is up to Allaah Who issues His decree and we – the Muslims – have to submit to His will; it is not permissible for us to dispute that so long as it is the command of Allaah, the All-Knowing, Most Wise.”

Tell her all of that in the best possible manner and in the kindest way. If she is convinced and appreciates that, then praise be to Allaah, otherwise try to be outside the house at the time of this party, so that no one will pressure you to join in and so that you yourself will not weaken and given in. There is no sin on you for what your mother is doing, and pleasing Allaah comes before pleasing any of His creation. Be certain that if your mother objects vehemently to this matter today, perhaps Allaah will make her pleased with you in the future, in sha Allaah.
Islam Q&A

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Next questions, can you celebrate your wedding annivesary? How about indepedance day celebration? Are we making Islam so rigid? In M'sia we do celebrate for kids, imagine your first child and first birthday but most of us do not do it the normal way. Instead of "happy birthday to you..." song, we will sing (in local language) something like "Allah wil save you...Allah will save you...". No candles on cake. We have dozen of mufti and hundreds of ulama here, they never said this is wrong.

I understand your concern, but consider this: We imitate the Kuffaar by wearing bluejeans, owning cars, computers and cell phones, etc. So, do we stop all that for fear that we would end up like them? No sane person would agree. The hadeeth you read refers to matters of religion. We should not pray to an image like they do, we should not conduct our religious sermons on Sundays like they do, etc. For everything else that is not religious in nature, we are free to take what we like and leave what we don't like.

hmmm....i dont know bro .......lets talk to the pros :D

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1027/birthday
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/104446/birthday
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9485/birthday

With regard to this observance which people call “birthdays” (eid milaad in Arabic), Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) issued the following fatwa:

“Everything which is taken as an ‘eid’ (something which is celebrated regularly) and is repeated each week or each year and is not prescribed in sharee’ah, is a kind of bid’ah (reprehensible innovation). The evidence for that is the fact that the Lawgiver prescribed ‘aqeeqah for the newborn, and did not prescribe anything after that. When they adopt these observances every week or every year, it means that they are making them like the Islamic Eids, which is haraam and is not permitted. There are no celebrations in Islam apart from the three prescribed Eids: ‘Eid al-Fitr, ‘Eid al-Adha, and the weekly ‘Eid’ which is Friday (Yawm al-Jumu’ah).

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Next questions, can you celebrate your wedding annivesary? How about indepedance day celebration? Are we making Islam so rigid? In M'sia we do celebrate for kids, imagine your first child and first birthday but most of us do not do it the normal way. Instead of "happy birthday to you..." song, we will sing (in local language) something like "Allah wil save you...Allah will save you...". No candles on cake. We have dozen of mufti and hundreds of ulama here, they never said this is wrong.

hmmm bro now the question is who do we follow???.......but id rather play safe bro :D

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

LoveIslam123

salam aleikum
Brother Ayman1 the Proof is that neither the Prophet ,peace be upon him ,nor Sahaba celebrated or even mentioned the Birthday ...
SubhanAllah !What other proof do we need ,when the answer is clear ..
Plus its always best to stay out of doubtful right?

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.