dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Assalam Alaykum :D

Today is my birthday, only I want to share all with you :hijabi: :D

dogumgunu15%5B2%5D.gif

I am 23 now .. woow getting oooolder each year :p

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
congratsssssssssssssssssssssss sissssssssssssssssssssssss..............

i am so happy for you.....
but the thing is , i dont know how to insert images over here :(....
but really sister, if i would be there with you..
then i would huggggggggggg you.........
may allah! make this year a happy for you, and may brighten up birthday......
i love you......
so,so,so much :):):):):):wavyarms::wavyarms::SMILY34::SMILY34:

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Congratz sis...but sis saima is rite...ur not supposed to celebrate bdays...but no harm wishin it rite?? :D

AISHA14

allah is my lord
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR LOVELY SISTER MAY GOD BLESS YOU AMEEN <MAY ALLAH SHOW THE BEAUTIFULLEST PATH OF ISLAM AND OF IMAAN :):):):):)
I LOVE YOU

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

:salam2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear sister.:hijabi::)

Jazzak Allah kahir for sharing your joy with us Mashallah,and for sharing sweeeeeeet birthday cake.

May Allah bless you dear sister with many years more,Inshallah. I wish you from all my heart.

:wasalam:

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR LOVELY SISTER MAY GOD BLESS YOU AMEEN <MAY ALLAH SHOW THE BEAUTIFULLEST PATH OF ISLAM AND OF IMAAN :):):):):)
I LOVE YOU

thanks for your good wishes and ameen to your dua3s sister :) and inshaallah sharing all goodness all together ;) :D

Happy birthday, sister. May you have a long life of faith, good deeds and health.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating birthdays. There is no direct prohibition against it and nothing in Islam is prohibited without proof. The prophet, peace be upon him was asked why he fasted Mondays and Thursdays; he said, "That's a day I was born and the day the Quran was sent down upon me." Reported by Muslim.

. عن أبي قتادة قال يا رسول الله أرأيت صوم يوم الاثنين ويوم الخميس قال فيه ولدت وفيه أنزل علي القرآن * ( صحيح ) _ وأخرجه مسلم .​
thanks for wishes and enlightening us with your knowledge ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear sister.:hijabi::)

Jazzak Allah kahir for sharing your joy with us Mashallah,and for sharing sweeeeeeet birthday cake.

May Allah bless you dear sister with many years more,Inshallah. I wish you from all my heart.

:D thanks my dear , I enjoy sharing here so much :D because really here became my second family ;) :D

salam alaykum

really sis i would wish u but then i jz read the hadith if we immitate the kuffar then we r one of them.....so sorry but id rather not....

:shake::shake::shake:

kayenat

Happy Birthday dearest sister you may live long life with peace n happiness n success. :jumpclap::laughing-dancing::dishes::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY34::SMILY34:

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
thanks again for sharing my happiness :D

actually I didnt want to open a debate, simply wanted to share my feelings and just a simple happiness with all ;)

inshallah we will learn and grow up all together :D:D and improve ourselves each year ;)sure birthday doesnt mean celebrations, parties, cakes etc... but remembering, caring, sharing and all goodness :D:D ;)

th30n3

please it not right to celebrate birthdayz we are Muslims :astag: :wasalam:

salam alaykum

really sis i would wish u but then i jz read the hadith if we immitate the kuffar then we r one of them.....so sorry but id rather not....

:shake::shake::shake:

Inal lil lahi wa inna ilayhi rajeon!

Its very disturbing that people don't find this wrong and that only 2 out of 10 or more people thought it was wrong. May Allaah bless them both and grant them jannah. Ameen.

This 2-3 minute video explains all that I want to say.

[yt]uuM8hwZMm7E[/yt]

th30n3

Celebrating birthdays is not allowed
what is the evidence on celebrating birthdays,is it allowed in islam?

The evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or have they partners with Allaah (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which Allaah has not allowed…?” [al-Shoora 42:21]

“Then We have put you (O Muhammad) on a plain way of (Our) commandment. So follow that, and follow not the desires of those who know not. Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allaah (if He wants to puish you). Verily, the zaalimoon (wrongdoers) are awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but Allaah is the Wali (Protector, Helper) of the muttaqoon (pious).” [al-Jaathiyah 45:18-19]

“Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow not any awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) besides Him. Little do you remember!” [al-A’raaf 7:3]

According to saheeh reports, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim in his Saheeh); and “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The most evil of things are those which have been newly invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” There are many other ahaadeeth that convey the same meaning.

Besides being bid’ah and having no basis in sharee’ah, these birthday celebrations also involve imitation of the Jews and Christians in their birthday celebrations. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning us against following their ways and traditions: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”(/font>
Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/115

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu 'alaikkum, brother ayman, you need to know that the in general the consensus among the ulema is that celebrating birthdays is not allowed. And as a muslim we follow the consensus of the muslim scholars. For they are the people of knowledge, and Allah tells us to go to the people of knowledge when we are in need of answers. So brother please refrain from giving your own opinions, rather if a scholar has given a fatwa, then feel free to share it with us and in shaAllah we can all benifit from it, else it is better that we refrain from giving our opinions. It is not befitting for us to interpret the Quran and sunnah according to the translations provided, while the scholars have studied all their life, excelled in their arabic, memorized the books of Allah, and the hadith of prophet muhammed salallahu alaihi wa salam. So let us go back to the scholars in shaAllah. Else if we take the deen in our own hands, then we will start making mother's day, friends day, fathers day halal. Celebrations are limited to Eid only

Wa salamu 'alaikkum

mhamzah

The key question [which I feel] is being missed here is;

What is the origin of birthday celebrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.