hareem money used for halal?

umYaniah

my husband wants to use his savings to pay for our waleemah. but it was earned in the haraam way, any hadeeths supporting this cause?:tti_sister:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
my husband wants to use his savings to pay for our waleemah. but it was earned in the haraam way, any hadeeths supporting this cause?:tti_sister:

i'm not exactly sure if the money will desecrate the walimah, however i tink it has been well documented that there is no barakah in anything gained through haram means. therefore one can't steal money and then use it to perform hajj. or one can't win money through gambling and then give it as zakat or sadaqa because there is no barakah in the earnings because it was earned through haram means. i know that the actual nikah is a sacred matter. i don't know however if the walimah is considered a sacred event because i'm still learning about the muslim marriage process. i just have a feeling as a view from a non scholar that the money will be lacking barakah because it was earned through the haram. i could be wrong, so i suggest that you should ask the scholar of your masjid.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
i'm not a scholar to give a fatwa, but all i can say is sister instead of inviting hundreds of people for waleema with haram money, you can as well give invite few people with what you have in HALAL.

This is an important step in your life, you are starting a new phase of life, do you think you should start it with something which is not halal?. there are lot side-effects of using non-halal. Your dua will not be accepted if the food you are eating is from non-halal resources. There is no barakah if your earnings are not halal. The sense of contentment will not be there as you have found a easy way to make money and for which you will be more greedy.

JAK

halah

Hasan bin `Ali (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I have retained these words of Messenger of Allah (PBUH), "Leave what causes you doubt and turn to what does not cause you doubt.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) had a slave who brought him his earnings and Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) would eat from it. One day he brought him something and when Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) had eaten some of it, the slave asked him whether he knew where he had got that (food) from, Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) asked what it was, and he replied: I acted as a soothsayer for a man in the pre-Islamic period, and not being good at it, I deceived him; today he met me and he rewarded me for that soothsaying what you have eaten. Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) put his hand in his mouth and vomited up all that he had eaten.
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Soothsaying was prevalent in the pre-Islamic Arab society. Islam brought an end to it and declared its income unlawful. That was the reason when Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) came to know that what he had eaten had been accrued to the slave from soothsaying, he vomited it up. The incident reflected his extreme continence and aversion to pagan customs and propensitie