He is marrying a Hindu girl...

AISHA14

allah is my lord
well sis listen the most important thing is that ................THAT MAN IS MARRYING FOR HES DESIRE HE HAS NO CONCERN THAT HE MIGHT BE PUNISHED FOR THE FORNICATION WHICH HE HIMSELF IS WILLIG TO DO .............ITS YOUR FARZ TO EDUCATE HIM THAT IT IS HARAM ,BUT IF HE STILL DENYS SHOW HIM THE PROOFS FROM QURAN. AND GO A SIDE. I MEAN TRY SOME OF YOUR MALE FRIEND TO EXPLAIN HIM IN A BREIF MANNER, SO THAT HE DOESNT FEEL THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO IS STOPPING HIM FROM THIS FORNICATION.

rightpath_357

sister- r u just jealous? because in the Qur'an, a woman is not allowed to marry a non-believer. but a man is . i mean a woman :lol: i know it must be painful to u- i mean- because if a Muslim man marry's a Hindu girl, it's more likley that she will convert than the other way around

MzAmerykah

sister- r u just jealous? because in the Qur'an, a woman is not allowed to marry a non-believer. but a man is . i mean a woman :lol: i know it must be painful to u- i mean- because if a Muslim man marry's a Hindu girl, it's more likley that she will convert than the other way around

:salam2:
Sister...I'm not jealous at all. I fear Allah. I would never want to marry a non-Muslim man because it is not permitted and because he would lead me and my family astray! Knowing the grave nature of this situation and the consequences he may face prompted me to actually pray that Allah subhana wa ta'ala will bring her to Islam, and perhaps her conversion will bring him closer as well.
I'm shocked that as a sister, you've suggested that. :astag:

bro-ahmed

Sister Mezmerykah, has clearly mentioned that the brother was explained quoting hadeeth references. This sister, for right reasons is trying or has tried her best to make this brother aware of what he is getting into. No where from her posts is "jealousy" apparent.

So, I would humbly disagree with you, rightpath_357. May I correct you here in using the sentence..."In the Quran, a woman.....".
Whenever you mention a verse from the Qur'an or the Hadeeth, make sure you give the reference. Anyone reading your reply could ask you, where in the Qur'an have you come across such a verse or sentence?

The plight of sister mezmerykah is that this brother is about to engage in a sinful act and is not realizing what he is getting into.

As per my knowledge/opinion, Marriage to a Non-believer woman ( Non-Ahle Kitab people, as in Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists etc) is ONLY valid when the conversion occurred before the marriage and was for the love of Allah and NOT for the love of the (mortal).

Btw, Shahada when proclaimed by converts/reverts, it should be coming from the people's hearts. It is not just a lip service. And Allah knows what is in the hearts of the people.

Shukran/Thanks

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Sister ShyHijabi,

What you said is true from Islamic point of view but the condition is that they following their religion, in addition in now days the rules in most of the western countries is to follow the kids to their mother in case if the marriage broke up. In these cases the children usually raised according to their mother religion , or in some cases they teach them both religion and let them decide when they grow up. The kids might never know Islam in some cases, that why most of the shyoukh in now days don't even allow these kind of marriages.

Allah knows best.

ShyHijabi

salaam alikom

Sister ShyHijabi,

What you said is true from Islamic point of view but the condition is that they following their religion, in addition in now days the rules in most of the western countries is to follow the kids to their mother in case if the marriage broke up. In these cases the children usually raised according to their mother religion , or in some cases they teach them both religion and let them decide when they grow up. The kids might never know Islam in some cases, that why most of the shyoukh in now days don't even allow these kind of marriages.

Allah knows best.

Salaam,

I don't disagree with you that it is best to have Muslim men marry Muslim women for the sake of their future offspring. However, no man can counteract the verses of the Qur'an which explicitly allow Muslim men to marry Muslim, Christian, or Jewish women. If a sheik does not "allow" this then he is making haraam that which is halaal. :astag: And it does not require the presence of a sheik to perform a nikaah, so that is moot point.

I personally have never met a scholar that tries to supercede the Qur'an or Hadith, as a matter of fact most say to marry a couple as soon as possible (in the case of halaal matches) to prevent fitnah. Anyways we aren't talking about the above, we are talking about a man wanting to marry a nonbelieving woman, and this is haraam. Period.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaam,

I don't disagree with you that it is best to have Muslim men marry Muslim women for the sake of their future offspring. However, no man can counteract the verses of the Qur'an which explicitly allow Muslim men to marry Muslim, Christian, or Jewish women. If a sheik does not "allow" this then he is making haraam that which is halaal. :astag: And it does not require the presence of a sheik to perform a nikaah, so that is moot point.

I personally have never met a scholar that tries to supercede the Qur'an or Hadith, as a matter of fact most say to marry a couple as soon as possible (in the case of halaal matches) to prevent fitnah. Anyways we aren't talking about the above, we are talking about a man wanting to marry a nonbelieving woman, and this is haraam. Period.

:salam2: sister, :)

I think I do understand what brother Mr Muslim is trying to convey. Firstly, let us take a moment to read the ayah giving the permissibility for Muslim men to marry women of 'The Book'.

Muhsin Khan said:
Made lawful to you this day are At*!Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allah and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allah's), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and Al*!Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers. [5:5]

I would have liked to elaborate on my own. But I have found it summarised pretty well by Sheikh Khalid Yasin in this video.

PS : Sorry about the lengthy intro..

[yt]Jl3OFnAcnFE[/yt]

ShyHijabi

I am sorry but I completely disagree with this sheik. Chaste does not mean virgin, chaste means she only had sexual relations with her husband. So in the case of a woman who was previously married and then divorced or widowed she is still considered chaste. Rasoolullah (peace be upon him) has a Jew as his wife, this Jew had been widowed in war and was a captured slave. He also had a son from a Chrsitian coptic woman (Ibrahim).

So the very introduction where this sheik states the woman must be virgin is incorrect. Given this flawed argument I still choose to follow the Qu'ran over his fatwa.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I am sorry but I completely disagree with this sheik. Chaste does not mean virgin, chaste means she only had sexual relations with her husband. So in the case of a woman who was previously married and then divorced or widowed she is still considered chaste. Rasoolullah (peace be upon him) has a Jew as his wife, this Jew had been widowed in war and was a captured slave. He also had a son from a Chrsitian coptic woman (Ibrahim).

So the very introduction where this sheik states the woman must be virgin is incorrect. Given this flawed argument I still choose to follow the Qu'ran over his fatwa.

Good point sister shyhijabi. I didn't consider that when I was listening to him.

But the believing muslim men basically have a very small percentage of people of the book who are lawful to be married as the conditions are :-

(1) The woman isn't lewd and maintains her chastity.
(2) The woman doesn't commit any form of shirk.

From Tafsir of Ayah 5:5

((Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers) The Ayah states: you are allowed to marry free, chaste believing women. This Ayah is talking about women who do not commit fornication, as evident by the word `chaste'. Allah said in another Ayah,

(Desiring chastity not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as boyfriends (lovers).) ﴿4:25﴾ `Abdullah Ibn `Umar used to advise against marrying Christian women saying, "I do not know of a worse case of Shirk than her saying that `Isa is her lord, while Allah said,

(And do not marry idolatresses till they believe.)'' Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Abu Malik Al-Ghifari said that Ibn `Abbas said that when this Ayah was revealed,

(And do not marry idolatresses till they believe,) the people did not marry the pagan women.

So therefore, though there is permissibility, there are the 2 criterias that I think are applicable (as you have logically refuted the one about being a virgin).

bro-ahmed

U SAID..... A Muslim Man cannot Marry a Jew, Christian or a Mushrik woman.......... it clearly gives us that u have no proper knowledge about the MARIAGE IN ISLAM ....... please if u give any FATWA , u must give the appropriate QURAN verses AND the saheeh HADEES..... without doing this , u are yourself AGAINST ALLAH'S law.....
give us your proof FROM THE QURAAN and saheeh HADEES.??

wo wo, my moderatemuslim brother, just a couple of quick things for you
first, i am pretty sure no one here knows whom (which brother/sister) is your post referring to
second, tone yourself down a little. although you have not used caps lock all through your post, it is pretty evident, that you look a little excited.

i am sure, you could put your point across in a much politer tone.

peace

arzafar

Bukhari you are wrong. Muslim Men are allowed to Marry Jew and Christian women.

that's absolutely correct.

But without ever daring to question the Quran or hadith, id like to mention the following.

1. If muslim brothers were going to marry jews and christian women, then who is going to marry our muslim sisters? If this trend continues, its going to create problems for the muslim ummah in the long term. Some parents and sisters would argue it already is a problem!

2. Jews and christians today can hardly be classified as 'People of the Book'. The book that they were given has been corrupted beyond recognition. Anyone who believes in the trinity is a mushrik. No? and then Judaism today is all about Freemasons, kabalism, black magic and other forms of Satanical worship. Fact is that the vast majority of Jews and Christians today are nothing more than pagans. In reality many are atheist! Off course there maybe an odd few 'People of the book' left. I'm sorry to offend any Catholics and Jews reading this, maybe they or reverts from them can help us out here.

So in fact the ruling in the Quran is perfect :mashallah:, its just that as of now there are no/few 'people of the book' left! At the time the verse was revealed the beliefs of Christians and Jews were definitely in a far better state.

Therefore, imho, marrying a christian or a jewish woman should be
(a) allowed but highly discouraged (given no 1) or
(b) disallowed completely (given no 2 and also 1).

I prefer ruling (b) to be correct and won't consider marrying anyone other than a Muslimah. :)

and Allah knows best.

doctor38

that's absolutely correct.

2. Jews and christians today can hardly be classified as 'People of the Book'. The book that they were given has been corrupted beyond recognition. Anyone who believes in the trinity is a mushrik. No? and then Judaism today is all about Freemasons, kabalism, black magic and other forms of Satanical worship. Fact is that the vast majority of Jews and Christians today are nothing more than pagans. In reality many are atheist! Off course there maybe an odd few 'People of the book' left. I'm sorry to offend any Catholics and Jews reading this, maybe they or reverts from them can help us out here.

So in fact the ruling in the Quran is perfect :mashallah:, its just that as of now there are no/few 'people of the book' left! At the time the verse was revealed the beliefs of Christians and Jews were definitely in a far better state.

Therefore, imho, marrying a christian or a jewish woman should be
(a) allowed but highly discouraged (given no 1) or
(b) disallowed completely (given no 2 and also 1).

I prefer ruling (b) to be correct and won't consider marrying anyone other than a Muslimah. :)

and Allah knows best.

Christians and Jews today are people of the Book. This is Fatwa shaikh Ibn Othaimene . He even went as far as to say "do not to ask how they have killed the animal and we can eat their meat without a questioning how it was killed.. He also discouraged us from asking them about there believe and accepting their claims to be Christians at face value."

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=TxsuZAjfnWY

The Bible today -more or less- is the same as it was during the time of the Prophet:saw2:. Actually trinity have been dropped out of most English copies that I have seen.

God said that saying trinity is Kofer. The book was already corrupted during the time of Prophet Mohammad :saw2: but despite that he allowed us to eat there food and marry Christian and Jewish women.

It is important that we don't make our lives hard when our religion has opened doors to us.

and Allah knows best.