Problem help me to write a good academic essay !

massi

salam alaikom

Well,I'm from Algeria which means I'm not a native English speaker.The thing is that I work to improve my English skills the whole time .Now, I need to improve my writing skills , specially in writing academic essay.
First , I don't know how to start .it's true that I know a good part of the English language ; the grammar , how to articulate and so on, but when it comes to write , my paper will fill with many mistakes.
Secondly,The first piece of advice I've got is read too much ,so I'm reading every day , but the second part of the advice is to write too much , so I'm here to ask you to help me in improving my writing skills.
Thirdly ,sorry, but I do not need tips how to write or the structure because I already know and I do apply them. but what I need is to help me to correct my mistakes in grammar ,articulation , style or how to make long phrase as short and efficient as possible and so on !
I know that I've made mistakes in just writing my helping-request so let me know what they are! Thanks in advance. Wa jazakom Allaaho khayran!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah.

"The first piece of advice I've got is read too much ,so I'm reading every day , but the second part of the advice is to write too much , so I'm here to ask you to help me in improving my writing skills."

You should say you have been advised "to read more, write more" etc. I have often seen people say "too much" in the wrong way. It means more than what is necessary. For example, "I like you too much." This means you like someone more than they deserve, that it is wrong. It is better to say "I like you a lot."

Keep practicing In sha Allah. Reading books will definitely help a lot, as does writing and getting your writing checked over. Feel free to write here and I and others would be happy to read and help out in sha Allah.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
What has helped me a lot to improve my English, are different discussion forums. Especially those, where members are native English speakers. I still make mistakes but they many times help me to correct my language. :agreed:

massi

salam alaikom
thanks a lot for your remarks . This is the help I'm looking for ! Yes , you are right about "too much" .Sometimes I know the rule but I don't apply it .I think it's lack of practice which lead me to avoid the mistakes in future .

Just to make sure. Is my phrase right in this way? : "The first part of piece of advice I've got is to read more ,so I'm reading every day , but the second part of the advice is to write more....."
Now, I know the efficient phrase "I have been advised to read more and to write more ..."

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
"You no longer need to spend your precious time sitting at home and preparing your assignment since you can now choose to buy an essay online and entrust your academic assignments in the hands of a professional."

And how using kind of business helps anyone really to LEARN anything? Teachers could call this as cheating.

hopeeternal

salam
there are many excellent english sites on the internet, im sure if you search ,you will find the best inshallah
good luck to you

P-Thulhu

salam alaikom
thanks a lot for your remarks . This is the help I'm looking for ! Yes , you are right about "too much" .Sometimes I know the rule but I don't apply it .I think it's lack of practice which lead me to avoid the mistakes in future .

Just to make sure. Is my phrase right in this way? : "The first part of piece of advice I've got is to read more ,so I'm reading every day , but the second part of the advice is to write more....."
Now, I know the efficient phrase "I have been advised to read more and to write more ..."

Hello!

I am new to the forum and stumbled across this post.

I am a native English speaker, though of no formal education within actually understanding the finer 'Nuts and bolts' their in.

Should you still be around I would be more than happy to be a 'sounding board' to your learning.

So, a review/edit of your question above.

"The first part of piece of advice I've got is to read more ,so I'm reading every day , but the second part of the advice is to write more....."

"The first piece of advice I have is to read more, so that I'm reading every day. However the second piece of advice is to write more."

Do you note that your use of 'Of part' and 'Of piece' is effectively a 'doubling up' of the description?

The contracting of words (Two words being co-joined into one I.E. They have => They've.) tends to make some sentences then 'flow' or read strangely. I would actually recommend NOT using such contractions until you feel more confident with your use of the language.

Then there is your use of commas and joining words. This is something that I have no real or good knowledge of the rules of punctuation within the language. I can only go by 'feel' or 'read' of what seems good/okay within the sentence structure.

I do agree that reading lots of material, especially of many different types such as Fiction, non-fiction, etc will show you how different people create their sentences etc.

I hope I have helped.

Much cheers to all.