Help regarding papers containing Qur'an verses.

ASAL

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters.

Recently i've been learning and memorising parts of the Qur'an, example Surah Yassin. And one way of memorising it is, i would write the Arabic transcript onto a piece of paper, verse by verse. Copying it on pieces of paper, so to speak.

I've copied and written a few of the verses and now i am wondering if it is sinful for me to dispose the papers containing the verses from the Holy Qur'an.

Please help me clarify this matter.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, if the Mus-haf becomes worn out and there is the fear that it may be mishandled and may reach a state where it cannot be read and benefited from, there is nothing wrong with burning it or burying it in pure earth, because both were done by the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). They buried Mus-hafs and they also burned them, when the Sahaabah united the people upon a single Mus-haf, which was the Mus-haf of ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), and they burned all other Mus-hafs.

If a Mus-haf has reached a state where it cannot be benefited from because it has become worn out, then it should either be buried in a pure place, or be burned. Both were done by the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (1/127).

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, if the Mus-haf becomes worn out and there is the fear that it may be mishandled and may reach a state where it cannot be read and benefited from, there is nothing wrong with burning it or burying it in pure earth, because both were done by the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). They buried Mus-hafs and they also burned them, when the Sahaabah united the people upon a single Mus-haf, which was the Mus-haf of ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), and they burned all other Mus-hafs.

If a Mus-haf has reached a state where it cannot be benefited from because it has become worn out, then it should either be buried in a pure place, or be burned. Both were done by the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (1/127).

Does anyone know who this Sheikh Saalih Al Fawzaan is? I tried searching for his biography to find out where he studied and where he lives, but to no avail.
I'm curious to know, because He gives so many fatwas! Unbelievable!
I could be wrong, but as far as I know scholars do not give alot of fatwas now days but mostly reproduces old fatwas by scholars of the past, or expresses their opinion?
Maybe he is doing the same, but calls it "fatwa".
Giving out fatwa is big deal if you ask me!
But, this sheiks seems to be giving out fatwas left and right. (If indeed they are fatwas)

Allah knows best.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Brother, you can read the Shaykh's biography here:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/scholarsbiographies/15thcentury/ibnfowzaan.htm

Insha'Allaah this should help.

Walaykum Salaam.

Thanks for the link.
I'm sorry I actually got this sheikh and the Sheikh from Islam Q&A confused.
Sheikh Munajid.

I will look for him on the website you gave me.
In the meantime if anyone knows of Sheikh Munajid or has information concerning him (His education, country or residence) then please do share.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Thanks for the link.
I'm sorry I actually got this sheikh and the Sheikh from Islam Q&A confused.
Sheikh Munajid.

I will look for him on the website you gave me.
In the meantime if anyone knows of Sheikh Munajid or has information concerning him (His education, country or residence) then please do share.

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Oh, :) - it's okay.

Sadly, i have no information in relation to IslamQA. Insha'Allaah a Brother/Sister will post something.

Walaykum Salaam.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Oh, :) - it's okay.

Sadly, i have no information in relation to IslamQA. Insha'Allaah a Brother/Sister will post something.

Walaykum Salaam.

Thank you for the link.

I find it very odd that the sheikh from Islam Q&A gives out so many fatwas. Is it just me?