Hey everyone!

Calm Stargazer

Hey everyone, how's it going? :) I'm here to learn about Islam and get rid of any stereotypes I have concerning the faith. It's such a big religion and growing by the day from what I've heard, yet I don't know one Muslim where I live. Anyway, I have a few questions. I got a PM from Mabsoot and there were some unfamiliar terms. What does "Assalamu alaykum", "inshaAllah", and "Wasalamu alaykum" mean? I'm assuming assalamu alaykum and wasalamu alaykum mean the same thing but I could be wrong.

Ash76

Hey everyone, how's it going? :) I'm here to learn about Islam and get rid of any stereotypes I have concerning the faith. It's such a big religion and growing by the day from what I've heard, yet I don't know one Muslim where I live. Anyway, I have a few questions. I got a PM from Mabsoot and there were some unfamiliar terms. What does "Assalamu alaykum", "inshaAllah", and "Wasalamu alaykum" mean? I'm assuming assalamu alaykum and wasalamu alaykum mean the same thing but I could be wrong.

Hi Calm Stargazer (very tranquil name by the name :SMILY139:).

Let me the first to welcome you on here and I hope you benefit from the treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom on Islam on the TTI Website.

In answer to the meaning of the phrases...

Assalamu alaykum = Peace be upon you (this is the greeting of a Muslim when they meet another person)

Wasalamu alaykum = Peace, Mercy and Blessing be upon you too (reply to greeting "Assalamu alaykum")

InshaAllah = If Allah wills (said by a person when they intend to do something in the future)

I hope you find the answers to what you are looking for on here (Inshallah).

Out of curiousity where do you live?

Calm Stargazer

Thanks for the welcome, Ash, and for explaining what the phrases. My journey of knowledge and understanding starts now! :D
I live in the United States of America.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Heyy!

Welcome to TTI! I hope you find what you're looking for here. :D

This is a great vid btw; it'll help you with common Islamic phrases.

[yt]Nl38ZKUSC0k[/yt]

Ash76

Islam represents about 1% of the USA population (approx 3 million Muslims). Sounds like you've just been unlucky not knowing any Muslims but hey ho you've got thousands of them on here who will no doubt be more than helpful to answer any questions you may have to help you in your journey of seeking knowledge.

Come on my bretherens/ sistrens give a warm welcome to our new joinee!!

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

What is Purpose of Life.

Hi Calm Stargazer :SMILY139:

Alhmdulillah you are on right website, welcome once again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip4lhEVQWkg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip4lhEVQWkg[/ame]

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Welcome to TTI dear sister,

Islam is a beautiful way of life....insha'Allah (God willing/by the will of God) you will find it as such.
In a previous post you said you live in the USA....I do not know exactly where, but you can PM (I respect your privacy) and if you live around where I live I could give you good connections. There is a growing population of reverts in my area and I think it would be of good help if you were to connect with people who have been in your shoes. Never be too ashamed or scared to ask questions....if you see a Muslim, talk to them :) I swear we don't bite;)

Also you came to the RIGHT website....the community here is such a huge blessing. We are one big cyber family!! You will not feel out of place and all your questions will be answered. Just be sure to ask anything that is on your mind and which you might need clarification for.

Stay blessed Stargazer!!!:SMILY139:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Hi Calm Stargazer,welcome to the website,I hope you will benefit from it in sha' Allah(if Allah wills).
Assalamu 'alykum means "Peace be upon you" and wassalamu 'alykym means "and peace be upon you".That is how we muslims greet each other when we meet each other.When we meet each other we say,Assalamu 'alykum,"peace be upon you",to which the other person replies,"Wa 'alykumassalam" which means "and upon you be peace".

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
hi stargazer
welcome here ! may your stay here will be beneficial to you inshaAllah... you can ask any thing here inshaAllah.. we have some well learned people here to answer you ..
May Allah help you to understand Islam a religion of well being for this and world after this world

Calm Stargazer

Wow, y'all are very welcoming! Thank you! I'm sure I'll like it here. ^_^

IHearIslam, would you mind sending me a PM instead? I can't find a "compose message" button anywhere. Thank you. :)

elqouds2020

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ، قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ : " وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لا تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى تُؤْمِنُوا , وَلا تُؤْمِنُوا حَتَّى تَحَابُّوا , أَوَلا أَدُلُّكُمْ عَلَى شَيْءٍ إِذَا فَعَلْتُمُوهُ تَحَابَبْتُمْ أَفْشُوا السَّلامَ بَيْنَكُمْ ...Abu Huraira said: The Messenger of Allah, "and my hand does not enter Paradise until you believe, not believe until you love one another, and you will do anything if you did love one another Spread peace among you ...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome !

Hi Calm Stargazer (very tranquil name by the name :SMILY139:).

Let me the first to welcome you on here and I hope you benefit from the treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom on Islam on the TTI Website.

In answer to the meaning of the phrases...

Assalamu alaykum = Peace be upon you (this is the greeting of a Muslim when they meet another person)

Wasalamu alaykum = Peace, Mercy and Blessing be upon you too (reply to greeting "Assalamu alaykum")

InshaAllah = If Allah wills (said by a person when they intend to do something in the future)

I hope you find the answers to what you are looking for on here (Inshallah).

Out of curiousity where do you live?

~~~
:salam2:
To all my brothers
and sisters in Islam.

Hi :)
Welcome to TTI.
Nice to have you here
with us.

i see your good questions
had the answer already by
our amazing family in Islam
Masha'allah!
~May Allah swt reward them~Amin!

Stick around.
~Bye.

~Wassalam :)

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

asalaam aleykum;

well come on board-i am sure you have received satisfied replies from brothers and sisters;
and i would like to add a little information and hope will count.

when ....we say ..ASALAAM...aleykum

~~here you have mentioned one( Asalaam) of the 99 (known)names of Allah(Jala Jalaaluhu)

so- Asalaam aleykum (Mina Lllah)...wa RahmatuLlah

Peace
and Mercy be upon you~~then you reply and to you too i.e Wa alleykum Salaam

this was a "pass word" for Muslims at the time;
similar to pass word used by army or police.

..wa aleykum salaam.