Hi

Zooey

I am the poster doubts. I created a new account to get rid of that name. I am a sister.
Everything I posted in the thread was the truth, it was my concerns.
I DID convert to Islam 5 years ago.
I did not lie about that. I have been struggling with my religion for the past 1.5 years. More so after my mother died. I find it very confusing when people say all non Muslims go to hell. I DO NOT think my mum is there. She was very kind and giving.

I married a Muslim man (2 years ago) He believes in God; but distances himself from other Muslims.

These are my concerns..

Do I believe Jesus was God...NO

Do I believe in the trinity ...um the what? NO

Do I believe Muhammad had a message from God...YES

Do I believe Jesus had a message...yes

Do I believe the bible....yes, to a point

Do I believe the quran...yes, to a point/// have heard that a "animal" ate parts or pieces of it after the prophets death. I mean it was written on wood, plant parts and such how could all theses pieces be gathered and compiled, I mean it would be common sense some would get lots along the way...so how is it complete..or how could it be?

Am I afraid of giving up Christmas..YES, it is a family tradition I love and a season I love. (my reason for loving it has nothing to do with Jesus.)

I did live a good Muslim life the first 2 years; but I was alone with just the internet as a friend and teacher. I live in a very small town and dont feel welcomed at the Musjid. Mostly because i have a people phobia..
I am in a major crises and it has effected every aspect of my life for the past year.

So what do I do? Who am I? I have NOT lied on this post; I admit i dont know much about Islam; but I am honest and truthful here.

Any advice will be grateful!

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Who am I?

You are human being created by Allah. A soul that is sent to earth for testing under some unique situations to your own. These situations in our life are nothing but part of a test that Allah put to us.

Our actions to deal with these situations are answer to these test and will bring us reward or punishment accordingly. Patience is the key. Allah has given the human being guidance through his messenger and the life manual he brought. We are free to accept his call or reject it but with accountability at the day of judgement.

God of the universe is the greatest. But greatness is a relative word. Unless there are others who are lesser, there can not be a ‘greatest.’ Moreover, greatness would merely be a word if it is not recognized, or better still, realized in its possessor. For the realization of greatness of the Greatest, it was essential that there were others capable of realizing Him. So He created and the main target of His creation were beings of such intellect and wisdom that would be capable of realizing Him. Again, the recognition and realization would have no meaning unless those beings were granted the liberty of choice between the submission to and rejection of the truth. This leads us to the logical conclusion that the creation of human beings was the ultimate purpose of all creation. After the human beings were granted the liberty of choice, it would also be essential that those fulfilling their purpose of creation should be distinguished from those who fail.
God wants pure/pious souls to enter the paradise. God could have direclty sent souls into paradise or hell but God is just. He sent us to earth for test and our actions will become proof /justification for ourselves to enter into paradise or hell.

The earthly life is the testing ground before placing the worthy and unworthy in their respective abodes in the real and eternal life. The other beings in this world are to make possible the existence of the human. God created other living and non-living things so that each human being could survive for an appointed time till his transfer to the other world.

Changing religion will not change the truth that God is one alone. It will not change the God attributes, or his laws. There is no escape from the truth.

Regards

abdellah007

I live in a very small town and dont feel welcomed at the Musjid. Mostly because i have a people phobia..

Any advice will be grateful!

i really feel down when i read such things like this. i dont know why some converts re not welcomed in such masjids in some western countries. the masjid is for all muslims not for a groupe or a gender.

other thing sister. about ur mom ,keep making dau'a for her. nobody knows who will go to jennah or hell except allah.

make sure sister that u will be rewarded of all what u striving for. nobody is perfect,we all have our own problems that we always try to solve them.it s a test in our lives.

i ll make dau'a for u sister.u rely touched my heart. may allah bless you sister and all the ummah ameen.

Am I afraid of giving up Christmas..YES, it is a family tradition I love and a season I love. (my reason for loving it has nothing to do with Jesus.)

Salaamalik,

Giving up bad habits is tough, but seek help in prayer. Strive to perfect yourself in this world and be the best example of a Muslim for others to follow. Change doesn't just happen over night, it takes time. Reflect and ponder on this verse:

"Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselve" (13:11)

Islamic holidays such as Ramadan, Eid ul-Fitr , Eid Al-Adha- all a time of peace, tranquility and reflection between just you and God, spending time with your family and exchanging gifts as well :)

Regarding Christmas, please read this thread:

Christmas: Everything You Need To Know!!! What Islam Says about Christmas

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dearest Zooey, first of all you are human.. Welcome to humanity. We all have periods of doubt.
Let us take apart some of what is going on.
First and foremost losing a parent at any age is one of the worst of life's experiences. It takes a life time to heal. You are still healing. No-one can ever replace your mother.
Two, you are no longer alone. You have us. you have more than friends here. You have brothers and sisters. We mean that.
Three, keep going to the masjid. It is the house of Allah. If anyone gives you a look...give them a smile...I have always gotten looks...and I always will...but I am there by the will of Allah...they will become familiar with you...in many cultures people are very reserved and it takes time for them to open up.
Four, read the Quran. It is the Truth. It will heal you. It is as if peace descends upon you when you read it. It is the best teacher.
Five, read about the life of the Holy Prophet (swas). As you become familiar with his life and his comapanions your heart will open up.
Six, do not punish yourself. Do not punish yourself. You are a sincere person. You are an honest person. It takes great courage for you to seek help.
And if you are still awake...keep writing to us. You will discover many many sweet sisters here. I can honestly say the brothers and sisters here have been my courage when I needed someone. No-one here will judge you. All we want to do is uplift you. We love you, as you are our sister in Islam.
I am the older sister on this site, so if I come across as bossy or stern I apologize...it is with love from the bottom of my heart.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister Zooey!

First of all, my advice as a caring brother is to seek knowledge of Islam. It is obligatory on you as you have serious questions.

Islam is the religion based on knowledge and promotes it. We can't just utter certain words and pretend that we believe in it and set back and enjoy it blindly or follow this or that saint/shaikh/person.

You raised several issues and i will try to give my humble reply to some of them.
Christmas: Dear sister, when you say the first words (la ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasoolallah), you make a determination that nothing else is more important to you than Allah and his meesenger and what Allah swt dircted us through his messenger to do/not to do. After this, you start building your life upon these two basics and nothing else.

Your mother died without islam, but she was a nice and kind person: Allah swt has the authority to decide one's fate (heaven/hell).

No one can tell you that she will certianly go to one or the other. So, don't worry too much about the matters which you can not do anyting about.

Bear in mind, it is certainly not guaranteed for everyone who says "i am a muslim" to go to heaven neither. Heaven is hidden behind alot of trials and tribulations.

What you can do is to decide which path to take forward. Should you go back to what you left behind? Would you want to live the rest of your life in that state and die in that?

Or do you want to find the real reasons behind your faith and hold fast to islam and learn more about it and make sure what you are doing and what you believe in is the right choice?

Your husband is a muslim, but distances himself from other muslims: Dear sister! It is your responsibility to bring him back to islam. Just believing is not enough. Islam is a way of life and requires action too. Allah swt says:

"O you who believe! save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones..."

Muslims feel responsible to correct eachother when they see something incorrect and perhaps that is driving your husband away from meeting other muslims because he may find it a bit too much.
Yes i agree, people from other walks of life don't do such things because they don't care about your hereafter.

Finally about Quran, you need to read the history of its compilation and not rely just on someone saying this and that.

Dear sister, alot of sources are in action to defame islam. You don't just listen to everything they say and take it in, but seek the truth by referring to islamic knowledge.

An important point i want to mention is that Quran was not just written on a few pieces of plants. By the time Muhammed peace be upon him died, there were over a hundred thousand muslims and they had the Quran in there hearts and minds. Quran was and is the centre of islam and there is no way one could miss around with it or be submitted to a few pieces of plant leaves and put away and ignored to a degree to be eaten by a goat.

If all copies of Quran are burnt today, it will still survive because it is in the hearts of muslims and they are 100s of thousands worldwide and are called (Hafez - singular noun/ Hufaz - plural noun).

It was memorised with much more determination and love by the companions of the Prophet pbuh and it was very much alive in daily lives of people.
I stongly recommend you do your academic research on this important issue and i can't stress enough that you seek knowledge of islam, but from muslims.

May Allah swt guide us all
Ameen

wassalam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum sister
We all have ups and downs in life and in faith ,we are all humans and we are not perfect.
Remember that Allah looks at the hearts first,put all your trust to Allah ,pray to him and ask for guidence.
There are always people outthere who can put doubts in your heart,be close to your religion ,be close to Allah all the time,Allah is always near.
I understand that u probably attached to your culture, to Christmas and all that.But don't avoid the Muslims.
I know I was shy going to the Mosque when I first converted ,even more I was kicked out once ,its different story,coz I got to the Nation of Islam Mosque.I was shy going to the Mosque because I didn't know how to wear hijab.But It didn't stop me .
There are so many nice sisters there ,just talk to them ,ask questions and they will teach u and help u...
May Allah guide u and clear all the doubts from your hearts ....

wasalam