Hijab in Ramadan

kaise

I have recently converted to Islam, & I don't wear a head scarf, but I abide by the modest dress. In Ramadam is acceptable for me not to wear a head scarf? Will the fasting break if I don't?

JD19

I believe your fasting will not break if you dont wear hijab. You should however wear hijab to the mosque.

Allah knows best.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

Before becoming a Muslimah myself I visited the Masjid in my area during Ramadan. When I was able to talk to the other sisters in the Masjid I was shocked at that time to hear them say that they only wear the hijab to Masjid and never outside the Mosque. Out of all the sisters I spoke to that day (there were problably 6 in the group I was talking to) only ONE sister told me she wears hijab all the time. I asked if wearing hijab was obligatory on all Muslim women and they all agreed it was mandatory but yet most didnt wear it outside the Masjid. I found that (and STILL find it) very interesting but at this point I cant talk about my sisters because I myself am not wearing hijab unless I am praying or when I go to Masjid. Things are very difficult in this country and its not easy to always wear hijab but that is my goal and I know I will eventually wear hijab ALL the time.