hijab question

serena77

okay.. another thread brought a question to mind due to what i thought i had learned before....
isnt hijab ... more than just the veil? isnt it the modesty... the rest of what you wear... everything put into play together? forgive me if my question isnt clear...
serena

Noor El-Huda

Salam sister Serena77

Your name and thread title are easily mistaken for the other thread, that carried the hot debate.

So I hope that this post of mine distinguishes between the two threads and names .:hijabi:

Inshallah our brothers and sisters will answer your question as Ihave to rush off.

Take care sister.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
okay.. another thread brought a question to mind due to what i thought i had learned before....
isnt hijab ... more than just the veil? isnt it the modesty... the rest of what you wear... everything put into play together? forgive me if my question isnt clear...
serena

As salam alaykum

your apology is accepted, because i didnt get your question.

however upon guessing:

The Arabic word literally means curtain or cover (noun). so it applies for both men and women, according to what parts we are ordered to cover up.

its not only the veil or scarf. you can either take a 'hijab' available in market, or any piece of cloth that can cover your head and long enough to draw over the bosom, and other parts of the body can be covered by dress, but of course loose enough so that the body shape doesn't appear.

to make it easy and wear underneath dress of their choice, sisters put Burka/jilbab over.

if I've guessed correctly, hope I've answered and been able to meet your inquiry to some extent .

however, a Muslimah doesn't cover up to please her husband or father or anyone, not to make the task of the men easy so that we don't have to lower our gaze or something(because not all women covers up and will never happen as well, there will be always females who do not cover up) and neither to get respect from others, however the latter are the good consequences, of course not the making easy task for men but a healthy society.

And Allah knows the best

wassalam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hijab is modesty. the headscarf itself is just a headscarf.

To be in proper hijab you will wear a long sleeve shirt, loose fitting trousers or a long skirt. The aim is to wear clothes which DO NOT show the outline of your form. Whether you wear an abaya/jilbab, or like a khimar. Or even loose fitting western clothes with a long scarf which covers the chest...It's all part of hijab.

If you wear hijab, please keep in mind in the West you are representing Islam. Be kind, soft spoken, and ladylike =)

serena77

:jazaak:
yes ... that does answer the question..
i appreciate you taking the time to answer even though my question wans't as clear as i meant it to be.
serena

serena77

Hijab is modesty. the headscarf itself is just a headscarf.

To be in proper hijab you will wear a long sleeve shirt, loose fitting trousers or a long skirt. The aim is to wear clothes which DO NOT show the outline of your form. Whether you wear an abaya/jilbab, or like a khimar. Or even loose fitting western clothes with a long scarf which covers the chest...It's all part of hijab.

If you wear hijab, please keep in mind in the West you are representing Islam. Be kind, soft spoken, and ladylike =)

:wasalam:
thank you.. the last of what you said, yes i try very hard to remember that. I work in a call center that is much more stressful than just something like a hotel call center... and there's a lot of stress and i try and remember that last part through the day to try and stay on an even keel no matter what the tone of the people who call have.
serena

alf2

Islam is a way of life
thank you.. the last of what you said, yes i try very hard to remember that. I work in a call center that is much more stressful than just something like a hotel call center... and there's a lot of stress and i try and remember that last part through the day to try and stay on an even keel no matter what the tone of the people who call have.
serena

What a tough job! :tti_sister:

serena77

sister yes
at times.. its for child support.. monday will be a particularly trying day due to us being closed sometimes the soft spoken part gets a little difficult but.. i do my best every day and ask for Allah's help a lot.
serena

saifkhan

abd-Allah
serena

As salam 'alaykum

as far i know, from one my friend who use to serve in a call center, I pray that Allah elevate your state, because my friend was a male, so i can imagine......

Allahu a'lam

serena77

wasalaam
yea we get all kinds sadly this isnt an area with good economic stability.. and so changing jobs... i'd just go downhill instead of up, but one day. Allah willing, that will change.
Serena

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
The Qur’an says that hijab enables women to be recognized as modest women and this will also protect them from being molested.

Complete hijab, besides the six criteria of clothing, also includes the moral conduct, behavior, attitude, and intention of the individual. A person only fulfilling the criteria of hijab of the clothes is observing hijab in a limited sense. Hijab of the clothes should be accompanied by hijab of the eyes, the heart, the thought, and the intention. It also includes the way a person walks, talks, and behaves.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
serena

Hijaab is there to cover a woman's beaut (that which attracts other men).

So yes, there is the hijaab of the clothing, hijaab of the way she talks, hijaab of the way she walks, hijaab of the way she conducts herself in public etc. This all falls under the concept of hijaab.

Hijaab of the clothing is just ONE ASPECT of the package of hijaab...