Hijab

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I may be wrong to assume you are christian, but just for the sake of comparison, it is also a requirement in christianity for women to cover their head, Paul of Tarsus say so:

1 Corinthians 11:6 (King James Version)
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

Nurain

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…” – Al-Noor:31

Aisha (radiyallah ‘anhu) said: “We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam, and when men passed by us, we would lower the khimaar on our heads over our faces, and when they moved on we would lift it again“.

Aishah (radiyallah ‘anhu) reported that Asmaa the daught of Abu Bakr (radiyallah ‘anhu) came to the Messenger of Allah SWT while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said: “O Asmaa! When a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this.” He pointed to the face and hands (Abu Dawood)

Hijab, conditions as above, covering the bossom and to break the body form.