History of somalia

Muslimboy2222

:salam2:

As i was searching around for some good lectures about the history of somalia before and after islam including the current conflict, i came across a lecture given by a shiekh called Cabdiraxmaan Abyad and i thought of sharing it with my fellow somali brothers & sisters here on tti. The title of the lecture is "Halganka geeska africa" ( struggle in the horn of africa), the lecture is divided into 6 parts. After listening to the lecture i really felt ashamed as a muslim male because we went from a state rich in islamic history to basically nothing, all because of our weakness in our deen & today muslims in the horn of africa are paying a heavy price. We lost our dignity, honor, pride as muslims and we will continue to do so as long as we remain in this ignorant state. Tribalism/clanism has destroyed somalia and the muslims in the horn of africa but instead of returning to the deen we cherish our clans/tribes more than we cherish our deen. I truly wonder when we will go back to our deen and reclaim all that we've lost to the mushrikeen.

It is truly a disgraceful moment in history of muslims in the horn of africa, while we remain divided muslims are being killed and oppressed in bizarre manners like cutting off boys gentials in the regions known as western somalia/ogadenia ( eastern ethiopia) where muslims are still fighting for their freedom. That area was formerly the capital of the adal sultanate ( Harar) but sadly the mushrikeen and kuffar took it over and as a result they killed many muslims, burned down mosques,taxed the people and to make matters worse they turned the main mosque into a church which still remains as a church to this date but before that their king, king menelik climbed on top of the mosque's minaret and urinated on it, can you believe it ?, may Allah swt curse him and this all happened in 1897. On top of this the ethiopians(amhara,tigray) still want to annex more land from somalia and they will use any means neccessary to achieve their goals. We have been fightining each other for the last 1000 years and the only time when there was peace was when king negus protected the muslims from the quraysh during the early days of islam. So i wonder why our so called tfg leaders treat them as their friends when they are the enemies of islam, we should treat them like the way we treat the evil jews who are occupying palestine.

To keep it short all i am asking my fellow somali brothers & sisters in islam is to keep firm in the true path and not allow ourselves to be mislead because we are the next generation of muslims and the future of muslims really depends upon the upcoming youth so strive hard in the path of Allah.

I forgot to say that the lectures are in somali

You can find the lectures at the following websites

www.cilmunaafic.com
www.addacwah.com

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, Although I am not Somalian I would very much like to learn more about the history of your land. Why don't you post us a brief history and relate to us the beauty of Islam in Somalian culture.

Muslimboy2222

Asalam Aleikum
Inshallah i will try to the best of my knowledge even though i've never set a foot in somalia in almost 2 decades since i was born.

Waelikum salam

aisha16

True. I definetly agree Somalia is in the state is in today, because of the neglect of the deen. With all the tribes and clans, it's so ridiculous. I wish people could open their eyes up. I hope and pray that Somalia becomes a strong, deen-driven and peacful country one day.

Somalia Aa Nolato!!!!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Subhanalah akhi, I really do agree with you wallahi. Somalia, as you said, went from what you'd call a 'Following the Islamic shari'ah land' to a 'destroyed with no ounce of deen lad' and now has divided itself up. Everything in religion is turned upside down now...all you'll see is the so-called 'Al-shabab' group making their own rules and causing chaos Subhanallah! And I haven't noticed any change happening in the land since sheikh sharif sheikh Muhammad has been elected, so that election was pretty useless.
But Insha'allah, Allah o waaxidka ah, will unite these muslims and keep them firm on this beautiful religion soon.
Thank you for the muxaadarooyinka btw, I'll check them out insha'allah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Dont forget they also do Female Genital Mutilation.... :S

But yeah, I feel that Somalia is a sad place. I have met Somali's who moved to my state, as refugees and alhamdulilah they are all so nice. I dont know much about the history, since it has been a failed state since I was old enough to take history classes :(

arzafar

yeah im interested in knowing about somalia too.
Ive heard that somalia, congo et (the east oast of africa) has a few billion barrels of oil. so that's the new warzone.