Hitting Child For Quran?!?!?

mariemuad

Asalaamu'alaykum,

My husbands nephew is 5. His parents are generally very loving to him, but I am so close losing it over what I saw yesterday.

His father seems to be a great father on te outside, but I was there the yesterday, and the son was crying constantly, his father proudly said he was teaching him Quran but the son was crying (he didn't want to read apparently) so the father was smacking him with a miswak everytime he cried and saying he will gets smacked everytime he cries! Ugh I was so sick and furious! I asked his wife if this was normal and she said every now and then the father goes crazy that his son wont read without crying and that happened to be the day I visited. She asked me to keep quiet even because her husband apparently GOES NUTS if she interferes. She shrugged "it's not a big deal, he's a good dad every other day". Please help me sisters and advise me what I can do because this incident shocked me and I am still sick over it.. The kid has small welts on his legs today (day after) and it was so hard not to throw something sharp and heavy at his fathers head and kick him out oef my house.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Sister, I dont know about hitting the child but if he is younger ur husband should avoid hitting the kid, also to attract him towards the glorious Text, you have to bring an end to everything that this kid is attached to, like TV, Games, watnots, so that when there is enough time in hand, the kid would apparently try and learn the Qur'an.

Idris16

In many ayats it says that the Qur'an has been sent down to us as a mercy and guidance, clearly by hitting the child so he cries very much does not teach the boy the Qur'an was sent to us as a mercy and guidance, rather it teaches him it was sent to us as hatred and misguidance, Astaghfirullah!!

Shak78

:salam2:

From what I have read this seems to be an issue from Muslims from the India/Pakistan area. Not all mind you but it seems to prevail a lot in that area. The parents needs to be careful that they are not reported for child abuse, seeing as welts are on the childs leg that is abuse to me. I would have a talk with the family and if it keeps happening talk to your Iman about it. No child should be hit period.

Idris16

SubhanAllah I didnt even notice he is only 5!! See this hadith:

Accountability is waived for the child who has not yet reached puberty, until he reaches that stage, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood (4403) and at-Tirmidhi (1423) from ‘Ali (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Pen has been lifted from three: from the sleeper until he awakens, from the child until he reaches puberty and from the insane person until he comes to his senses.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 2/4, no. 297