how to answer the origin of god to an atheist?

aelshamy

Do you actually believe this gibberish?? Gee...when exactly was it that NUCLEAR WEAPONS were used...ANY NUCLEAR weapons?

If you don't know that American troops used uranium bullets in 1991 and 2003 so it is your problem not his. The result is horrible: the number of cancer cases and birth defects among civilians in four southern Iraqi cities has grown at least threefold since the 1991 war, according to Iraqi doctors and medical records.OK may be you don't know because you only listen to CNN and Fox News. Go to this link please and read what is there:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/1220/p01s04-wome.html

Exterminated Aghanistan???
You didn't listen carefully; he was talking about Iraq an he talked about extermination and removing from history then he started to talk about Afghanistan.
Of course he didn't mean that Iraqi people vanished. And if you understood like that, so it is also your problem not his. how you can think that any one with a very little knowledge can say this. What can I do but I think that I have to give you a lesson in Arabic language: He said extermination AND removing from history. extermination is an idiom and it is explained by what is mentioned after AND And he means - as I'm assuming you have heard about - that Bush brought Iraq back at least 50 years. Actually Iraq was a very promising country.

Now about Iran. didn't you hear about the big lie which Bush spread every where about mass destruction weapons in Iraq. And according to this big lie he initiated the war in Iraq and now all the world suffering from this war including USA. So, Please, I can't believe any thing about mass destruction weapons in Iran after what happened in Iraq. Also about :' The President of Iran has threatened to nuke Israel' again, this is a big lie from the western media. He threatened to destroy (not nuke) state of Israel. he didn't say he will destroy people of Israel but the state of Israel and there is a big difference, and he means that Israel is illegal and aggressive country composed of some people don't belong to the region (most of them are from east Europe). and to be found -this state - they came to the region inspite of the will of the original people with the assistance of an aggressive occupation of Britain and they rejected the original people out of there country. So changing the demography of Palestine by allowing the original people to come back home and the foreigners to go home is very fair, and aiming this is not because Muslims are afraid of Israel as you said but to bring justice to this land. Muslim got afraid?? this is very naive. Muslims don't fear death, and who don't fear death don't fear any thing except Allah. Many Muslims hope to die fighting their aggressive enemy because the really believe that this worldly life is nothing compared to the next life.

Of course Bush is the BIGGEST EXTREMIST AND TERRORIST IN HISTORY:
regardless to what is happening Every day in Afghanistan and Iraq and the civilian - including children and women - who are being killed almost daily. He is the hero of Christian Zionists whose first goal is to initiate - according to his illusions - Armageddon battle which is -in his beliefs - the biggest war in the history. Surly, who aims to initiate the biggest war in the history is the BIGGEST EXTREMIST AND TERRORIST IN HISTORY.
A Palestinian official said - two years ago in Aljazeera channel - that Bush said to them in closed meeting that the Lord came to him in his dreams and told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq (White House did not deny). And because of this dream the entire world is in trouble including USA. A man put the entire world in trouble because of religious illusions. I hope that he realized now that it was the Satan not The Lord whom he see in his dream, I hope he understand before he commit anther idiot adventure.

BigAk

In regards to the MOON and the Qur'an...I made a slight mistake...I got the words reversed! I said that the Qur'an said the Sun was a light and the Moon a lamp. I then went and did an online check of the word "lamp" and it states that a LAMP is, "any of various devices furnishing artificial light .

I was thinking about that and that the moon DOES furnish artificial light because it makes none of its own light. It reflects the light from the sun.

Well, I went back to the Qur'an and re-checked what it says. It turns out that it does not say that the moon is a LAMP (furnishing artificial light) it says that SUN is a lamp and the MOON is a light. (Sura 10:5)

Zaynab123 the SUN does NOT produce artificial light, it is its own source of light, and is not a lamp. The MOON is not a light...it has no source of light...it reflects the light of the sun.

So, again I think that when anyone tries to manipulate the text to say what it does not say...that person is being dishonest. (Don't worry! I do not think you did this! I'm addressing the Islamic website that I went to about the "miracles" of the Moon and Islam. It is wrong. The science is not there. It is not academically honest to say these things.)

Ivan.

Al Salam alaikum brother Ivan.

I am not sure what sites you're visiting or referring to... But, being an arab myself, when I read the revse in Sura 10:5, I find the arabic language reflecting accurately. Here goes:

"Huwa' lathee ja'ala' shamsa DIA'A"
"It is He who made the sun to be a SHINING GLORY"
(Yusuf Ali translation)

The word Dia'a does not mean a lamp in the arabic language, and if your site translates it as so, they are wrong. I grew up in Damascus knowing the word Dia'a, and the word Lamp never crossed my mind. Because it's not what it means. A lamp in arabic is "Siraj." The word used here is "Dia'a" which may have a few meanings in arabic. The general meaning is "A light of its own self." When in context of the sun, it means "An Object that shines light of its own." In arabic "Ta'dee'u min tilqa'i thatiha".

The other meaning of Dia'a that comes to my mind; I had a friend in my childhood whose name was Dia'a. In this context, it means this guy was a knlowedgable person who leads humanity via the light of his own wisdom and knowledge (not acquired knowledge but it is that of his own wisdom). If his name was thought of as a "lamp", this poor child would have never escaped the everlasting harrasment of the other kids in school.. :lol:

As far as the rest of the verse.. It goes on:

"Wal Qamara NOORAN"
"And the moon to be a LIGHT"

The word NOORAN here is the same as NOOR. The AN is added at the end due to correct arabic grammer which I will surely not confuse you with here. lol

But, Noor in arabic means "light" or stream of light. When you contrast it with what has already been said in the prior sentence just before it (shamsa DIA'A), it is clear that the moon is merely reflecting what the sun is producing. It is common sense that when you strike a match in a dark room; the "Dia'a" emmitted from the tip of the match will travel around hitting the walls and objects in the room; hence relecting light from these objects that are borrowing the original dia'a from the match.

I realize that you being an english speaking gentleman, it's impossible to read the Holy Quran. But, the good news is that Arabic is not a dead language. It is still spoken today. Therefore, don't hesitate to ask a true arab when you have any questions, and we're more than happy to answer. Simple concept; when you have a question about the earth, you go to a geologist. When you have a question about medicine, who do you ask??... a barber??... a shoe maker?? No.. you ask a medical expert. Same thing; if you have a question about the arabic language (which is the language of the Holy Quran), you should ask an arab. LOL

I do understand your belief and the claims that we're twisting the language to suit us. But, to be honest; so far out of all of these claims I have not found one that stands. I knew nothing but arabic since I was one year old, and the words I read in the Quran they're not twisted. They really mean what we claim they do. If you were right about the twisting, I would have rejected Islam myself. I too have a logical mind that rejects falsehood; just as you do.

Anyway.. I hope that my explanations have satisfied you.. I do admire you for researching and asking and seeking the truth. I pray to Allah God Almighty to guide you to the true path.

Regards.

Salem9022

Sorry but you are WAY WAY incorrect here.

"it has actually been known that the Earth was round since the time of the ancient Greeks...Pythagoras who first proposed that the Earth was round sometime around 500 B.C. He based his idea on the fact that he showed the Moon must be round by observing the shape of the terminator (the line between the part of the Moon in light and the part of the Moon in the dark) as it moved through its orbital cycle. Pythagoras reasoned that if the Moon was round, then the Earth must be round as well. After that, sometime between 500 B.C. and 430 B.C., a fellow called Anaxagoras determined the true cause of solar and lunar eclipses - and then the shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during a lunar eclipse was also used as evidence that the Earth was round.

This is about 2100 years.....Two thousand One hundred years BEFORE Galileo.

"Around 350 BC, the great Aristotle declared that the Earth was a sphere (based on observations he made about which constellations you could see in the sky as you travelled further and further away from the equator) and during the next hundred years or so, Aristarchus and Eratosthenes actually measured the size of the Earth!"

Nori Sujai....this too was about 1950 years BEFORE Galileo!

So the shape of the Earth and much, much more was known FAR before the time of Mohammad. The Qur'an was not saying anything new or unknown at the time it was written.

Check for yourself.

Ivan.

I don't really know why you are so interested in Iraq and War on Terrorism when you as a christian are in involved in paganism in worshipping a Man-God called Jesus.

Maybe you should take the time in order to Understand Tawheed and Monotheism instead of the Pagan Man Worship you are on at this Moment, the creator won't ask you about Iraq or Israel or even WMDs he will ask you who you worshipped, did you worship the creation like a Man-God whom the christians and Hindus and other Non-Muslims worship, or did you worship the creator alone without any partners.

I hope you understand, discussing with you POLOtics is useless because I know the kind of person you are which will always believe in Attacking Muslim countries whether or not they were of any threat.

So lets for-go POlOtics and get back to a religious discussion which this Forum is meant to be.

I have simple questions for Ivan.

How can Christianity be classified as a Monotheistic religion when they worship a Man-God and basically have the same Paganistic Consept of Worship like other Man-God religions like Hindusim with Krishna and Mithraism with Mithra and the worship of the Greek Gods most Notebaly Zues and Apollo,

Please tell us the difference between you worshipping a Man-God in christianity and other Pagan religions of the past like I mentioned, PLease don't bring me any Verses from the bible since we don't beleive in them. Bring us any difference you have in Methodology between these religions.

Also since you believe your God is a Man, does christianity classify these former Man-God worshipping religions as in the same Stage with Christianity in believe of God? Yes or No? or does Christianity even consider these religions to be Paganistic religions seeing they have the same consept of what God is.

Shishani

Staff member
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6660

The kuffaar ask who created Allaah

Question:
I tell non-muslims that Allah created everything in this universe. They say to me who created Allah ? How can Allah have been there since the beginning ?
How can i answer them ?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

This question which the Kuffaar have asked you is inherently false and self-contradictory. If we were to say – for the sake of argument – that someone created Allaah, then they would ask you, Who created the creator of the creator? Then, who created the creator of the creator of the creator?! And so on, ad infinitum. This is irrational and impossible.

All of creation goes back to the Creator Who created all things. No one created Him; He created everything other than Himself. This is what makes sense and is logical. This creator is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted.

With regard to what our religion tells us, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us about this question, where it comes from, and how to respond to it.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “People will keep on asking question until someone will say, ‘Allaah created the universe, but who created Allaah?’ Whoever encounters anything like that, let him say, ‘Amantu Billaah (I believe in Allaah).’”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to one of you and say, ‘Who created the heaven? Who created the earth?’ He will say, ‘Allaah’” – then he mentioned something similar (to the previous report), and added, “And His Messengers.” [i.e., amantu Billaah wa Rusulihi = I believe in Allaah and His Messengers]

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to one of you and say, ‘Who created such and such?’ until he says to him, ‘Who created your Lord?’ When it reaches that stage, let him seek refuge with Allaah [say A’oodhu Billaahi min ash-shaytaan ir-rajeem = I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan] and stop thinking about it.”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to a person and say, ‘Who created such and such…’” and he narrated the whole report. (Imaam Muslim, 134).

In these ahaadeeth we see:

Where this question comes from – from the Shaytaan;

How to deal with it, which is:

to stop pursuing these thoughts and these tricks of the Shaytaan

to say, “I believe in Allaah and His Messengers”

to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan.

It was also reported that one should spit drily three times to one’s left, and recite Qul Huwa Allaahu ahad.

(See "Problems and Solutions" in the Shaykh’s Books section of this website).

3. With regard to the prior existence of Allaah, our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us about this, for example:

He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O Allaah, You are the First and there is nothing before You; O Allaah, You are the Last and there is nothing after You.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2713)

He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah existed when there was nothing apart from Him.” According to another report: “There was nothing before Him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari; the first report 3020; the second report 6982).

This is in addition to what is stated in the aayaat of the Qur’aan. The believer believes without a doubt, the kaafir denies and the munaafiq doubts. We ask Allaah to grant us sincere and certain faith with no doubts. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Shishani

Staff member
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/26745

People have evidence of the existence of God, and the wisdom behind His creation

Question:
A non muslim friend of mine asked how i will prove existence of god and why has he given us life,and with what purpose. my answer did not satisfy him ,plese tell me what i should tell him?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

My dear Muslim brother, your efforts to call people to Allaah and explain the reality of Allaah’s existence make us very happy. Finding out about Allaah is in tune with the sound fitrah (natural inclinations of man) and with sound reasoning. How many there are who, once the truth becomes clear to them, they hasten to submit to Allaah (enter Islam). If each one of us was to do his duty towards his religion, a great deal of good would be achieved. So we congratulate you, our brother, for undertaking the mission of the Prophets and Messengers, and we give you the glad tidings of the great reward which you are promised, as your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If Allaah were to guide one man at your hands, that would be better for you than red camels.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3/134; Muslim, 4/1872). “Red camels” are the best kind of camels.

Secondly:

With regard to proof of the existence of Allaah, it is obvious to anyone who ponders the matter, and there is no need for a lengthy discussion. When we ponder the matter, we find out that it is divided into three categories: instinctive evidence, tangible evidence and shar’i evidence. We will explain that to you further, in sha Allaah.

1 – Instinctive evidence:

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

The instinctive evidence that God exists is the strongest of all evidence for those who are not led astray by the devils. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So set you (O Muhammad) your face towards the religion (of pure Islamic Monotheism) Haneef (worship none but Allaah Alone). Allaah’s Fitrah (i.e. Allaah’s Islamic Monotheism) with which He has created mankind” [al-Room 30:30]

Man’s sound nature (fitrah) testifies to the existence of God and man cannot turn away from that unless the devils mislead him; whoever is misled by the devils may not recognize this evidence.”

(From Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah)

Every person feels inside himself that he has a Lord and Creator, and he feels that he is in need of Him; if some major calamity befalls him he turns his hands, eyes and heart towards the heavens, seeking help from his Lord.

2 – Tangible evidence:

This refers to the things that exist in this universe; we see around us things that exist, such as trees, rocks, mankind, the earth, the heavens, seas, rivers…

If it is asked: these things are so many – who created them and is taking care of them?

The answer is that if these things came into being by accident, spontaneously and with no cause, then there is no one who knows how they were created, and that is one possibility. But there is another possibility, which is that these things created themselves and are taking care of themselves. And there is a third possibility, which is that there is Someone Who created them. When we look at these three possibilities, we find that the first and the second are impossible. If we reject the first and the second, then the third must be the one which is correct, which is that these things have a Creator who created them, and that Creator is Allaah. This is what is stated in the Qur’aan, where Allaah says:

“Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?

Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm Belief”
[al-Toor 52:35]

Moreover, when were these mighty things created? For all these years, who is it that has decreed that they should remain in this world and has granted them the means of abiding?

The answer is, it is Allaah who has given to each thing that which is suited to it and will guarantee its survival. Do you not see the beautiful green plants; when Allaah cuts off their water supply, can they live? No, rather they become dry stalks. If you ponder all things you will find that they are dependent upon Allaah. Were it not for Allaah, nothing would remain.

And Allaah has created everything to do that for which it is suited. So camels, for example, are for riding. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they not see that We have created for them of what Our Hands have created, the cattle, so that they are their owners.

And We have subdued them unto them so that some of them they have for riding and some they eat”
[Yaa-Seen 36:71-72]

Look at the camel and how Allaah has created it strong, with a strong back, so that it can be used for riding and it is able to endure harsh conditions which other animals cannot bear.

If you look at other creatures you will find that they are suited to the purposes for which they were created. Glory be to Allaah.

Examples of tangible evidence include the following:

When calamities befall people this points to the existence of the Creator, for example, when they call upon Allaah and Allaah responds to their prayer; this points to the existence of Allaah. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed for rain, he said, ‘Allaahumma aghithnaa, Allaahumma aghithnaa (O Allaah, send us rain, O Allaah, send us rain).’ Then a cloud came and it started to rain before he had even come down from the minbar. This points to the existence of the Creator.” (Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah).

3 – Shar’i evidence:

All divinely-revealed laws point to existence of Allaah. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

“All the divinely-revealed laws point to the existence of the Creator and to the perfect nature of His knowledge, wisdom and mercy, because these laws must have been prescribed by someone, and that Lawgiver is Allaah.” (From Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah).

With regard to your question: why did Allaah create us?

The answer is: so that we would worship Him, thank Him and remember Him, and do that which He has commanded us. You know that among mankind there are kaafirs and there are Muslims. This is because Allaah wants to test His slaves as to whether they will worship Him or worship others. That is after Allaah has showed the way to everyone. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed” [al-Mulk 67:2]

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

We ask Allaah to enable us and you to do that which He loves and is pleased with, and to do more da’wah and work for the sake of His religion. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad.

Shishani

Staff member
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/439

Evidence that only Allah is the Creator of life

Question:
Please explain to me, according to the Qur’an, is it possible for a human to produce life? If not, then explain in detail about the cloning of animals and possibly humans, by humans.

Please give the answer in detail as it is confusing the minds of many, who think that in the next century science will conquer religion.

Answer:
Praise be to Allah.

The evidence that Allah is the only Creator of life may be found in many places in the Qur’an and Sunnah. For example:

"Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things,
Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed, and He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving."

[al-Mulk 67:1-2]

"Is, then, He Who creates as one who creates not?"[al-Nahl 16:17]

"Yet they have taken besides Him other gods that created nothing but are themselves created . . ."
[al-Furqaan 25:3]

Allah challenged all of mankind to create even the most insignificant creature, i.e. a fly, but no one could do that and no one ever will. Allah says:

"O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): verily! Those on whom you call besides Allah cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatched away a thing from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought."
[al-Hajj 22:73]

Imam al-Bukhari reported in his Saheeh from Abu Sa‘eed (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "There is no created being but Allah created it." In Arabic, the word "khalaqa" means to make out of nothing, which is something that only Allah can do; it is impossible for anyone except Allah to do this. It also carries the meaning of decreeing or foreordaining. [**]

See Fath al-Bari Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhari, 13/390.

The Religion of Allah (Islam) is proud and cannot be defeated by the kaafirs’ arrogance about the knowledge they possess. Allah says:

". . . [they] are deceived by the life of this world . . ."[al-An‘aam 6:70]

"They know only the outside appearance of the life of this world, and they are heedless of the Hereafter."
[al-Rum 30:7]

We ask Allah to help us to be steadfast in our adherence to His Religion, and to make our end good. And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Shishani

Staff member
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/45529

The reason why mankind was created

Question:
Why was mankind created?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

One of the greatest attributes of Allaah is wisdom, and one of His greatest names is al-Hakeem (the most Wise). It should be noted that He has not created anything in vain; exalted be Allaah far above such a thing. Rather He creates things for great and wise reasons, and for sublime purposes. Those who know them know them and those who do not know them do not know them. Allaah has stated that in His Holy Book, where He says that He has not created mankind in vain, and He has not created the heavens and the earth in vain. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?”

116. So Exalted be Allaah, the True King: Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:115, 116]

“We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:16]

“And We created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, for mere play.

39. We created them not except with truth (i.e. to examine and test those who are obedient and those who are disobedient and then reward the obedient ones and punish the disobedient ones), but most of them know not”

[al-Dukhaan 44:38]

“Haa‑Meem.

[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’aan, and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]

2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur’aan) is from Allaah, the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise.

3. We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and for an appointed term. But those who disbelieve, turn away from that whereof they are warned”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:1-3]

Just as it is proven that there is wisdom behind the creation of man from the standpoint of sharee’ah, it is also proven from the standpoint of reason. The wise man cannot but accept that things have been created for a reason, and the wise man regards himself as being above doing things in his own life for no reason, so how about Allaah, the Wisest of the wise?

Hence the wise believers affirm that there is wisdom in Allaah’s creation, and the kuffaar deny that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding.

191. Those who remember Allaah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:190, 191]

And Allaah says, describing the attitude of the kuffaar towards the wisdom of His creation (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them without purpose! That is the consideration of those who disbelieve! Then woe to those who disbelieve (in Islamic Monotheism) from the Fire!”

[Saad 38:27]

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Allaah tells us of His perfect wisdom in creating the heavens and the earth, and that He has not created them in vain, i.e., in play with no beneficial purpose.

“That is the consideration of those who disbelieve” in their Lord, because they think that which does not befit His Majesty.

“Then woe to those who disbelieve (in Islamic Monotheism) from the Fire!” Allaah created the heavens and earth in truth for truth. He created them so that His slaves might understand the completeness of His knowledge and power and the extent of His might, and that He alone is the One to be worshipped, and not those who have not created even an atom in the heavens or on earth. And that they might know that the Resurrection is true and that Allaah will judge between the people of good and evil. The one who is ignorant of the wisdom of Allaah should not think that Allaah will treat them equally when judging them. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Shall We treat those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds as Mufsidoon (those who associate partners in worship with Allaah and commit crimes) on earth? Or shall We treat the Muttaqoon (the pious) as the Fujjaar (criminals, disbelievers, the wicked)?”

[Saad 38:28]

This does not befit Our wisdom and Our judgement. End quote.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 712

Secondly:

Allaah has not created man to eat, drink and multiply, in which case he would be like the animals. Allaah has honoured man and favoured him far above many of those whom He has created, but many people insist on kufr, so they are ignorant of or deny the true wisdom behind their creation, and all they care about is enjoying the pleasures of this world. The life of such people is like that of animals, and indeed they are even more astray. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“while those who disbelieve enjoy themselves and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode”

[Muhammad 47:12]

“Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope. They will come to know!”

[al-Hijr 15:3]

“And surely, We have created many of the jinn and mankind for Hell. They have hearts wherewith they understand not, and they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray; those! They are the heedless ones”

[al-A’raaf 7:179]

It is well known to wise people that the one who does a thing knows more about the wisdom behind it than anyone else and for Allaah is the highest description (cf. al-Nahl 16:60); He is the One Who has created mankind and He knows best the wisdom behind the creation of mankind. No one would dispute this with regard to worldly matters. All people are certain that their physical faculties have been created for a reason. The eye is for seeing, the ear is for hearing, and so on. Does it make sense for his physical faculties to have been created for a reason but for himself to have been created in vain? Or does he not agree to respond to the One Who created him when He tells him of the reason behind his creation?

Allaah has told us that the creation of the heavens and the earth, and of life and death, is for the purpose of testing, so as to test man. Whoever obeys Him, He will reward him, and whoever disobeys Him, He will punish him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And He it is Who has created the heavens and the earth in six Days and His Throne was on the water, that He might try you, which of you is the best in deeds. But if you were to say to them: “You shall indeed be raised up after death,” those who disbelieve would be sure to say, “This is nothing but obvious magic”

[Hood 11:7]

“Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All‑Mighty, the Oft‑Forgiving”

[al-Mulk 67:2]

From this test results a manifestation of the names and attributes of Allaah, such as Allaah’s names al-Rahmaan (the Most Gracious), al-Ghafoor (the Oft Forgiving), al-Hakeem (the Most Wise), al-Tawwaab (the Accepter of Repentance), al-Raheem (the Most Merciful), and other names of Allaah.

One of the greatest reasons for which Allaah has created mankind – which is one of the greatest tests – is the command to affirm His Oneness (Tawheed) and to worship Him alone with no partner or associate. Allaah has stated this reason for the creation of mankind, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

i.e., I have created them so that I may command them to worship Me, not because I have any need of them. ‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “except that they should worship Me (alone)” willingly or unwillingly. This is the view favoured by Ibn Jareer. Ibn Jurayj said: i.e., except that they should know Me. Al-Rabee’ ibn Anas said: “Except that they should worship Me”, i.e., for the purpose of worship. End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/239

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Allaah, may He be exalted, created mankind to worship Him and to know Him by His names and attributes, and to enjoin that upon them. Whoever submits to Him and does what is enjoined upon him will be one of those who are successful, but whoever turns away from that, they are the losers. He will inevitably gather them together in the Hereafter where He will reward or punish them for what He commanded and forbade them to do. Hence Allaah mentions how the mushrikeen denied the reward or punishment, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But if you were to say to them: ‘You shall indeed be raised up after death,’ those who disbelieve would be sure to say, ‘This is nothing but obvious magic’”

[Hood 11:7]

i.e., if you were to speak to these people and tell them about the Resurrection after death, they would not believe you, rather they would reject your words vehemently and deny the message you brought, and they would say, ‘This is nothing but obvious magic,’ but in fact it is obvious truth. End quote.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 333

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

Salem9022

Hello and thank you for your kind letter.

I cannot respond to you with a Salaam because I believe it is not "kosher" for a non-Muslim to give a Muslim greeting. If I am wrong...then PEACE to you and the blessings of Abraham upon you and your family!

Here are the references...to the sun & moon:

He it is Who made the sun a shining brightness and the moon a light (Shakir)

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), (Yusufali)

He it is Who appointed the sun a splendour and the moon a light (Pickthal)

A light is a light. Something that does not generate light is not a light...it may be a reflection but it is not a light. The moon is dead...it has no light source.

Anyway, I am thrilled that you speak/write Arabic! I am hoping that you can help me. (I find it VERY odd that the GOD of the Universe is limited to one language & one that has so many language difficulties.)

Could you explain to me the what the significanse of Sura 49:9 is? Is it true that the Quran uses the word iktatalu (translated as fall to fighting) in a place where it should be iktatala?

Or Sura 22: 19. Does the Quran wrongly use the word ikhtasamu in a place where it should be ikhtasama ?

I have others that I am wondering about but what are your thoughts on Sura 39:53? Does it say, "Say: ‘O my slaves who have transgressed against themselves despair not of the Mercy of Allah"?

Thank you for your offer to help with the Arabic.

Ivan.

Yusuf Ali and Shakir Translations are not the best translation because these Individuals have deviant beliefs and their beleifs are manifested in their translations, Use the "Mohsin Khan" Quran translation.

Surah 39:53 Say: "O Ibadee (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 49:9 And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allah; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are equitable.

Surah 49:10 The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.

Surah 22:19 These two opponents (believers and disbelievers) dispute with each other about their Lord; then as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them, boiling water will be poured down over their heads.

I don't see anything wrong with these verses, they are clear cut, in Understanding.

Also you didn't respond to my last post? do you want me to repost it so you can see ?

Salem9022

I don't really know why you are so interested in Iraq and War on Terrorism when you as a christian are in involved in paganism in worshipping a Man-God called Jesus.

Maybe you should take the time in order to Understand Tawheed and Monotheism instead of the Pagan Man Worship you are on at this Moment, the creator won't ask you about Iraq or Israel or even WMDs he will ask you who you worshipped, did you worship the creation like a Man-God whom the christians and Hindus and other Non-Muslims worship, or did you worship the creator alone without any partners.

I hope you understand, discussing with you POLOtics is useless because I know the kind of person you are which will always believe in Attacking Muslim countries whether or not they were of any threat.

So lets for-go POlOtics and get back to a religious discussion which this Forum is meant to be.

How can Christianity be classified as a Monotheistic religion when they worship a Man-God and basically have the same Paganistic Consept of Worship like other Man-God religions like Hindusim with Krishna and Mithraism with Mithra and the worship of the Greek Gods most Notebaly Zues and Apollo,

Please tell us the difference between you worshipping a Man-God in christianity and other Pagan religions of the past like I mentioned, PLease don't bring me any Verses from the bible since we don't beleive in them. Bring us any difference you have in Methodology between these religions.

Also since you believe your God is a Man, does christianity classify these former Man-God worshipping religions as in the same Stage with Christianity in believe of God? Yes or No? or does Christianity even consider these religions to be Paganistic religions seeing they have the same consept of what God is.

Please respond to my questions

BigAk

Hello and thank you for your kind letter.

I cannot respond to you with a Salaam because I believe it is not "kosher" for a non-Muslim to give a Muslim greeting. If I am wrong...then PEACE to you and the blessings of Abraham upon you and your family!

Here are the references...to the sun & moon:

He it is Who made the sun a shining brightness and the moon a light (Shakir)

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), (Yusufali)

He it is Who appointed the sun a splendour and the moon a light (Pickthal)

A light is a light. Something that does not generate light is not a light...it may be a reflection but it is not a light. The moon is dead...it has no light source.

Anyway, I am thrilled that you speak/write Arabic! I am hoping that you can help me. (I find it VERY odd that the GOD of the Universe is limited to one language & one that has so many language difficulties.)

Could you explain to me the what the significanse of Sura 49:9 is? Is it true that the Quran uses the word iktatalu (translated as fall to fighting) in a place where it should be iktatala?

Or Sura 22: 19. Does the Quran wrongly use the word ikhtasamu in a place where it should be ikhtasama ?

I have others that I am wondering about but what are your thoughts on Sura 39:53? Does it say, "Say: ‘O my slaves who have transgressed against themselves despair not of the Mercy of Allah"?

Thank you for your offer to help with the Arabic.

Ivan.

You can't take the verses about the moon being the light in a literal sense bro!!! .. If I say for instance "Ivan is a Beacon of Light for those Lost in the Dark", do you conclude that I have lost my mind because Ivan is actually a human anatomy that can never emmit light from his skin??? It seems to me the logic you're following. And if so, no sane person can reason with you. Let's apply your logic on my example here. you're basically saying "A light is a light. Something that does not generate light is not a light...it may be a reflection but it is not a light. Ivan is a biological anatomy... Ivan has no light source"... See what I mean?... Come on now!!!.. You seem smart enough to understand this!!! Allah is referring to the moon as light in the sense that in a dark clear night, yes; the reflection of this light is observed by the human naked eye on earth.... I'm not sure how clearer I can be here. :D

I'm not sure what sites you've been hitting to aid you with your challenge venture here... But, it's obvious you're doing so cause you admitted that you don't know arabic. I'm still unsure what your goal here; whether you're attempting to prove to us that Islam is a false faith, or you're really interested in learning the truth. Would you please correct me or enlighten me about your purpose please?

The rest of your inquiries about the arabic grammer are easy to explain.. I'll get to them later; God willing. But, I'm really interested in knowing your answer to my question in red.

BigAk

Yusuf Ali and Shakir Translations are not the best translation because these Individuals have deviant beliefs and their beleifs are manifested in their translations, Use the "Mohsin Khan" Quran translation.

Surah 39:53 Say: "O Ibadee (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 49:9 And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allah; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are equitable.

Surah 49:10 The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.

Surah 22:19 These two opponents (believers and disbelievers) dispute with each other about their Lord; then as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them, boiling water will be poured down over their heads.

I don't see anything wrong with these verses, they are clear cut, in Understanding.

Also you didn't respond to my last post? do you want me to repost it so you can see ?

Thank you brother Salem for saving me the time to respond. However; although you've answered Ivan's questions correctly, something tells me he won't be satisfied with your answers or they won't be clear enough to him; which will eventually result that I respond with further step-by-step explanations.

I'm actually pretty confident your answers will not suffice. That's because Ivan still does not know when to use ikhtasamu vs. ikhtasama in an arabic sentance. He just happened to cut and paste his inquiries from some website somewhere on the internet. Could we pass his tests??? I wonder!!!

BigAk

Lastly, the U.S. like all democratic countries voluntarily allows its political leaders to change every 4 years. Two terms in office and that president (whoever he/she is) has to leave. No choice. Now do you see that happening in Islamic countries? No.

I await your enlightened response.

Ivan.

The governments in what you call "Islamic countries" have nothing to do with Islam. They don't adapt an Islamic system even if they claim so on the surface. Some merely pick and choose what suit them. Don't make the mistake of viewing the great religion of Islam with the arabic-people-binocular. We do have our bad apples just like you Christians do. Also, arabs are only a small portion of the entire world's muslim population. Just because our governments failed us, it does not mean it's a problem in our religion. Lay off the politics bro... it's a bad habbit anyway.. .

Achmat_Samsodien

The Light of the Moon is Reflected Light

It was believed by earlier civilizations that the moon emanates its own light.
Science now tells us that the light of the moon is reflected light. However this fact was mentioned in the Qur’aan 1,400 years ago in the following verse:.
“Blessed is He Who made Constellations in the skies, And placed therein
a Lamp And a Moon giving light.” [Al-Qur’aan 25:61]
The Arabic word for the sun in the Qur’aan, is shams. It is referred to as
siraaj, which means a ‘torch’ or as wahhaaj which means ‘a blazing lamp’ or
as diya which means ‘shining glory’. All three descriptions are appropriate to
the sun, since it generates intense heat and light by its internal combustion.
The Arabic word for the moon is qamar and it is described in the Qur’aan as
muneer, which is a body that gives nur i.e. light. Again, the Qur’aanic
description matches perfectly with the true nature of the moon, which does
not give off light itself and is an inert body that reflects the light of the sun.
Not once in the Qur’aan, is the moon mentioned as siraaj, wahhaaj or diya or
the sun as nur or muneer. This implies that the Qur’aan recognizes the
difference between the nature of sunlight and moonlight.

2 The Arabic word dahaha has been translated by A. Yusuf Ali as “vast
expanse”, which also is correct. The word dahaha also means an ostrich-egg.

Consider the following verses related to the nature of light from the sun and
the moon: “It is He who made the sun To be a shining glory And the
moon to be a light (Of beauty).” [Al-Qur’aan 10:5]
“See ye not How Allah has created The seven heavens One above
another, “And made the moon A light in their midst, and made the sun
As a (Glorious) Lamp?” [Al-Qur’aan 71:15-16]

Source: Qur'aan and Modern Science by Dr Zakir Naik

aelshamy

Hello Aelshamy,

I think that some of the trouble is that we in the West take words in their literal meaning. If someone is spouting off nonsense and using silly examples that person is quickly shown to be ridiculous.

If I told you or the world that Germany bombed Pearl Harbour in 1941 and sunk half of the US fleet...you would tell me that I am wrong. You would be correct. Even if I was a reputable person....very sincere....I would still be sincerely wrong. If I was adamant about my "facts" and went on television to spout them...I would be shown as being very foolish because my "facts" are a lie.

In the same way...if a reputable person went on television and spouted that the U.S. used every weapon in their nuclear arsenal against Iraq...Afghanistan...Norway...Australia or even Prince Edward Island...that person would quickly seen as foolish and likely mentally unbalanced.

The U.S. (and I am not an American) has hundreds of nuclear weapons and is capable of destroying this planet by pushing a button. Now...if "the U.S. used every weapon in their Nuclear Arsenal".....guess what...we wouldn't be here right now! The foolish, foolish man in question only made himself look more ridiculous because of his insane comments. I'm assuming that you can readily tell the difference between some bullets....and a nuclear explosion.

A bullet hits a person....a nuclear explosion destroys a city...a region or a planet. You are speaking about depleted uranium being made into shells for tanks. There is no nuclear explosion taking place. It is a silly comparison. Exageration and nonsense are a bad combination especially when gullible people don't understand the difference.

The same man spoke nonsense and gibberish when he talked about extermination and removal from history. Go back and read it again. Iraq exists. Aghanistan exists. (So does Prince Edward Island by the way)

I gave you concrete examples of evil men that have murdered upwards of 100 million people....and you think George Bush is the most evil terrorist/extremist in history??? (Remember Saddam...gassing the Kurds?) You are spouting nonsense that makes your argument laughable.

Can you give me an example anywhere in human history where one HUGE military power has a war with a much smaller enemy and actually limits or hampers its own ability to win that war? Imagine a giant fighting a midget and the giant binds itself so that it cannot lift his arms or even move his feet. That is what the U.S. is doing. They could literally remove Afghanistian or Iraq from the pages of time....(destroy them out of existence) but they do not. Why?

They fight an enemy that hides behind women's clothing, doesn't wear a uniform to distinguish themselves from the general population, and shoots and hides amongst women and children...yet they allow their own young men and women to die rather than use nuclear weapons.

You posted about, "the big lie which Bush spread every where about mass destruction weapons in Iraq." I know this will likely go in one ear and out the other but I'll try. The U.S. stated that Iraq was working towards weapons of mass destruction and may have already developed them. But long before the Gulf Ward...the USSR said that Iraq was working on WMD. The British also stated it before the war. The UN had scores of analysts from around the world concerned about Iraq and WMD. The U.S. just had the guts to go in and liberate that country. (Again...remember about Saddam gassing his own people??) And guess what...the materials were found...but not in completed form. A few months ago....550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium was shipped from Iraq to Canada for destruction. It was going to have been used for the development of nuclear weapons by Saddam...but this will go against your world view and you will reject it- even though you could find this out for yourself.

Lastly, do you remember what Libya did when the 2nd Gulf war began? Khadafi stepped forward and said that THEY were working on WMD too...and would STOP immediately!!! They stopped.

Lastly, the U.S. like all democratic countries voluntarily allows its political leaders to change every 4 years. Two terms in office and that president (whoever he/she is) has to leave. No choice. Now do you see that happening in Islamic countries? No.

I await your enlightened response.

Ivan.

First I said I will not reply to this because I felt that you are arguing for nothing but for argument. but when I read 'I await your enlightened response.' I decided to give this brief reply:

The subject of the thread is far from this " how to answer the origin of god to an atheist?", but you succeeded to drove the thread to other issues one of them is when sister Zainab123 mentioned -just as an example -something about the mercy. then you started saying " May I ask what your definition of mercy is? May I ask what your definition of equal rights to women is?" and when no body replied to you, you again said " Our conversation should remain with the Qur'anic view of mercy, and equality of women and religious minorities in Islam. " .Then I was dragged to your argument and to show you how your - christian western civilization - is merciless. so -as a brief- here are some evidences about the merciless civilization which you argued about:

radioactive contamination of south of Iraq:"DU is made from nuclear-waste material left over from making nuclear weapons and fuel. American gunners used 320 tons of it in 1991 to destroy 4,000 Iraqi armored vehicles and swiftly conclude victory. But the invisible particles created when those bullets struck and burned are still "hot." They make Geiger counters sing, and they stick to the tanks, contaminating the soil and blowing in the desert wind, as they will for the 4.5 billion years it will take the DU to lose just half its radioactivity."(Sourse:Christian Sience Monitor) and the result is thousands of cancer cases and extreme deformation of thousands of newly born children.

Bush doesn't use nuclear bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan because Russia and China will not allow him. (He knows the consequences will be horrible even for his country) But when US was the only owner of nuclear weapons they did not hesitate to use it in 1945 killing hundreds of thousands, the war was going to finish anyway without this horrible sin.
Frankly speaking, why do you allow yourself to have arsenals of nuclear weapons and if others try to have it you say this is terrorism? (they don't have it) while you already misused them. do west use the logic of power? they should use the power of logic instead.

Extermination of the Muslims in Andalusia and this was blessed by the church .
Extermination of Red Indian in America (they are now less than 1%)

Brother BigAk replied about democracy.

Talking about the man in the video is nonsense. It is very very minor thing to talk about, and it is another deviation from the main subject.
Now, please focus in the main issue of the thread If you have something to add.

hellbraker

Jehova Witnesess dont believe that Jesus is God or that the Holy Spirit is God.They just have one God just like Islam and they are Christians.

BrotherZak

Here is an effective way to answer it.

1. An infinite regression is not realistically possible in the sense that an infinite chain of Gods creating other Gods.

Why?

If each cause is dependent on another causing, ever going back into infinity, our existence on this earth will never have happened because the chain is infinite and will never stop. THE FACT we exist proves that an all powerful first cause exists.

salam

aelshamy

I will not answer about the moon and the light because brothers and sisters talked enough and it should be very clear now. I will talk إن شاء الله about the rest of your post:

To understand the Tafsir (Interpretion ) of Quran you should know Arabic language and grammer, what the prophet :saw: said about this verse, what his companions رضى الله عنهم said and what is the cause of revelation.
" And if two parties of believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them. And if one party of them doeth wrong to the other, fight ye that which doeth wrong till it return unto the ordinance of Allah; then, if it return, make peace between them justly, and act equitably. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable. " Translation of the manings of Quran 49:9
iktatalu or iktatala = " fall to fighting". iktatala is used when the verb is done by two while iktatalu is used when the verb is done by more than two.
it is clear that the arabic of the guy who told you that there is mistake about that is very poor because he is confused while it is very clear. The verb is not done by the two parties, but it is (the fighting) is done by the individuals who compose the two parties together (the believers) So it should be iktatalu.

"These are two adversaries who dispute about their Lord; then (as to) those who disbelieve, for them are cut out garments of fire, boiling water shall be poured over their heads. " Translation of the mثanings of Quran 22: 19
It is the same:
The cause of the revelation of this verse was about 6 persons in the battle of Badr. Three believers: Hamza bin Abdulmuttalib, Alhareth bin Abdulmuttalib and Ali bin Abitaleeb رضى الله عنهم and three unbelievers: Autbah bin Rabeah, Shibah bin Rabeah and Alwaleed bin Autbah. they are two adversaries composed of 6 persons. So, Again and always the right word is in Quran ikhtasamu [ikhtasamu (for more than two)] or ikhtasama (for two)] = dispute

Ivan.
In the first two examples, If you didn't mention iktatala and ikhtasama I wouldn't understand what you mean because there is nothing wrong - This is Allah's Book - But here you didn't mention anything and of course there is nothing wrong. I advise you don't send what you mean because again you will be wrong.

Frankly speaking, I replied to your post not to convince you because it is obvious that you are not seeking the truth as you think that you have the truth. but I replied because your words might confuse the others who don't know about what are you talking about. That is why I replied although it is not related to the subject of the thread.
Please Ivan, this is the second time you try to drive the thread away of it is subject

BigAk

In the first two examples, If you didn't mention iktatala and ikhtasama I wouldn't understand what you mean because there is nothing wrong - This is Allah's Book - But here you didn't mention anything and of course there is nothing wrong. I advise you don't send what you mean because again you will be wrong.

aelshamy.. I don't blame you for not seeing what he's referring to cause in arabic there's no gramatical error in it.. But, if you look at it from an english speaking person, I think I probably know what he's referring to...

I have others that I am wondering about but what are your thoughts on Sura 39:53? Does it say, "Say: ‘O my slaves who have transgressed against themselves despair not of the Mercy of Allah"? .

He's probably thinking it should have been "yourselves" instead of "themselves". In English it's a grammer error. But, not so in arabic. We didn't notice it immediately because it's common in our language to speak like that. And, since he's not born with arabic mother tongue it will not make sense to him even after explained.. which is fine. If he doesn't take our word for it, that's fine also. We know that it's a correct arabic grammer.

Ivan; you can't apply English grammer onto arabic. They are two totally different languages.

Again; I am not sure where he's cutting and pasting this stuff from, but obviously whoever is coming up with this stuff has very limited knowledge of the arabic language; and unfortunately Ivan is thumb sucking wholesale from that source.

Salem9022

One typo....there may be more!

I wrote, "Muslims are always pointing out to me that there are mistakes in the Qur'an and that it is filled with unbelievable scientific facts."

It should read, "Muslims are always pointing out to me that there are NO mistakes in the Qur'an and that it is filled with unbelievable scientific facts."

Apologies.

Ivan.

My Questions were very Simple, And It should only take a couple of sentences, I would like to Know How can Christianity be considered a Monothestic religion when they have the same consept of what God is like the other Pagan Man-God religions before i.e. Zues, Apollo, Mithra, Krishna etc.

abu'muhammad

With reference to post number 12 of thread
To Ivan,

hi,

the SUN does NOT produce artificial light, it is its own source of light, and is not a lamp. The MOON is not a light...it has no source of light...it reflects the light of the sun.

So, again I think that when anyone tries to manipulate the text to say what it does not say...that person is being dishonest. (Don't worry! I do not think you did this! I'm addressing the Islamic website that I went to about the "miracles" of the Moon and Islam. It is wrong. The science is not there. It is not academically honest to say these things.)

The verse of Qur'an.

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand. ( 10:5)

.......................................................................................................

In sun,(as from scientific view) continuous conversion of hydrogen matter in it to helium is in process. This is fusion reaction. The fusion reaction liberates lot of light energy and at the same time releases heat energy as waste energy. the light energy shines and glows it. verily, God made it shinning glory.

The moon reflects the light of the sun. Just as when mirror is kept in front of light source, mirror seems lightning and giving light, although it has no light of itself. The same is the case with moon.

I then went and did an online check of the word "lamp" and it states that a LAMP is, "any of various devices furnishing artificial light .

Artificial device- The device prepared by humans, using nature of God, is called artificial .The lamp is made by humans so it is artificial device. And so its light also means artificial light.

Natural device or thing- The things made by God are called natural things. The sun is natural ( a star / najm in arabic) . Its light too called natural light.

The light is not artificial or natural, it is because the device is artificial or natural we say it artificial or natural light. Light is light.