how to avoid bad thoughts about Allah?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

in difficult times, bad thoughts just keep coming in the head without any intention. may Allah save us all.

i was wondering that ppl in good times can have good opinion about Allah that He is Most Merciful, Most Loving. so in that way, they can get good in both the worlds.

while the ones living in bad times, could be held accountable as they might do some wrong action (like, ok i'll not pray or fast...Allah is not answering my Dua). so they suffer here and might also after death.

so it could be win-win for happy ppl and lose-lose for the ones in difficulty.

seems i m thinking in wrong way...pls correct me.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalam alaykum wa ramatullahi wa barakato, may Allah ta'ala bless you brother.
Ok akhi, regarding the first thing you have said,
"in difficult times, bad thoughts just keep coming in the head without any intention."
I am very sure (sorry I don't have exact verse number but Allah ta'ala knows best) that in the Quran it say's something close to this (translated) "I will not punish you for what you say in your oaths without intention, but I will punish for what you intended in your oaths" and from this akhi I realized when I read it, that the things that come to my mind without any intention and I may repent the thought, I will not be punished for. Yes we all get bad thoughts sometimes when we are in bad situations. Yes it's hard to be perfect but Insh Allah ta'ala we will not be punished for things we have no intentions to.

Also brother about the rest of what you have said, you must remember this life is a test. I honestly don't believe anyone comes to this life happy and doesn't go through one test and dies with a great amount of good deeds. That would just be amazing Insh Allah ta'ala that will happen to us but Allah ta'ala has made this life full of tests, one after another. And brother I know from experience that Allah does answer prayers. Allah says in the Quran many times that Allah (swt) is with the paitent, so brother if you, or anyone are in a time of need, just be paitent and seek Allah (swt) pleasure.

I am sorry I really have to go, if I didn't answer your question or reply properly please forgive me I am sort of in a rush and if anyone out there would like to correct me please do so and may Allah ta'ala bless you with paitence brother Ahmed_indian and bless you and your family
Assalamu alaykum wa ramatullahi wa barakatoh :)

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Reciting Surah Ikhlas (a lot) and Kalma-e-tashud helps me in that kind of situations. To hear what others suggest I'll be following this thread.

I don't really think we'll be punished for these kinds of thoughts as sister has mentioned but yeah it seems (to me) a weakness on our part. May ALLAH Azwa'jal make our believes firm. Ameen.

m1511

Assalamu aleikum,
People may suffer from bad thoughts which may be a sin in religion coming to their minds over and over again. I don't know if you meant this but this happens to many religious people. This is medically termed as an obsession and sometimes it becomes so tiring that the person seeks medical help. But some others may cope with the situation themselves knowing that devil prefers to deal with the muslims with strong belief -iman- and fulfiling the advice of saying auzu billahiminessaitanirraceem (well how difficult it is to write the English version anyway you know this word) and praying.
Well if you didnt mean this and if you are mentioning about the seemingly logical expression-win-win and lose lose classes- you are stuck into, when you think about it a little more you can easily understand that it is not the case. As our friend expressed very well we are not supposed to get all we want in this world. Many nonmuslims are may be richer healthier and seemingly happier than muslims but what does it mean if they do not believe? I remember the verse saying "we bothered them with difficulties so that they believe, but they didnt" - so difficulty itself may be a tool to invite you to the truth and to help you sense your place as a human in front of God. On the other hand ;Comfort is a test as well. What if you are not thankful to Allah as it should be and you forget Allah! That is what many of us do. Allah expresses this in Quran.
And finally the issue of response to dua: It is said that response may be of three kinds. Either given soon, or delayed for some time or not given on earth but instead given as gifts in heaven. So there isn't a fourth unresponded type of pray unless you fall hopeless or lose your sincerety.-Please remember that Allah is merciful on us and stronger than any possibility or probability you consider for your wish to happen- Allah says "kun" and that -whatever it is- happens at the moment.
So brother please try to avoid saitan by requesting help from Allah
Change the place you stand and look to the situation from another viewpoint and the scene will change completely
Do not be dissapointed with your Allah who actually is closer to you and loves and cares you more than anyone else you may think of.
keep on praying because as soon as your lips start moving Allah is sending rahmat on you.
And finally read the sura named DUHA. a keen advice.
Assalamu aleikum

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
assalam... also btw when I get evil thoughts and suggestions from satan, I always repeat Ahudu billah minash shaytanir rajeem (idk if the poster above was trying to say this sorry i didn't read the whole post brother) but yes indeed it works. Try to remember Allah as often as you can brother , <<THE REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH IS THE CURE OF THIS LIFE>>>
Hope I helped
Peace be with all of you brothers and sisters.