How to...

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum

Does anyone know of a way of increasing ones faith In Islam?

I used to have high faith but since the recent episode of nearly being thrown out of my home and being banned from practicing Islam by faiths gone rather low :(

Walaikum Salam

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alaikom brother GAZZH1991

read/listen to Quran, learn as much about islam, and do good deeds...

hanging around your muslim brothers would help a lot... take it step by step, islam is a process/life, your iman would go up and down (as every one else) just hang in there brother... Salam

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum

There are no muslims near me! But I will start reading Quran more like you suggest!

Walaykum Salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
reading/listening surat al-bakara (the cow)
will be effective in getting rid of shaitan...

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
wow!! i didnt know that.........
some very very knowledgable ppl on this site mashallah, looking at all the different threads.....
its a whole great website... mashallah, may Allah reward all.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Salamu Alaikum

Does anyone know of a way of increasing ones faith In Islam?

I used to have high faith but since the recent episode of nearly being thrown out of my home and being banned from practicing Islam by faiths gone rather low :(

Walaikum Salam

Asslaam Alaykium,

I am assuming you are convert to islam. May Allah SWT make it easy for you first. The best thing that helps me increase my faith is by reading/listening the quran just like you said, islamic stories (Prophets, their stories are the key to better your faith and they are beautiful), learning more about islam through websites & books. The sunnah of the prophet PBUH which is amazing you can find it website and Hadith they are also good thing to read to increse your faith because they tell you more about islam through quotes from Allah SWT and the prophet PBUH. Mainly, you incrase be having faith and patience in Allah SWT and learn. NEVER STOP LEARNING ABOUT ISLAM. Those are my best advices. I pray to Allah to make it easy on you.

Wasslaam Salaam.

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum

Thanks you all for your suggestions, May Allah reward you!

And Osman I have only listened to a 10 minute part recitation of the Surah you recommended and I already have more faith! I will listen to the other parts later as there are 9 parts each lasting 10 minutes.

Walaykum Salam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum Brother

Assalamu-alaikum brother,

There are many ways to increase one's faith.
Remember that we are created to worship Allah and keep it your mind that this life is a test and it certainly is not the end rather this life is a mean to an end. This life is to test us by way of our intentions and actions. Allah SWT says in the Quran,
Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (1) Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed.[] And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving; (2)

He also tells us in another place that,
Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds. [i.e.those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them (deeds) totally for Allâh's sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet SAW ]. (7)
Allah SWT also tells us that when we say we believe then He will surely test us,
Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested (2) And We indeed tested those who were before them.

Remeber that all the messengers of Allah SWT were mocked and threatened by the people when they called towards the truth.
When the Prophet :saw: started calling towards Allah his own people turned against him, the same people who used to call him As-Saadiq (the truthful) called him a liar.
Allah SWT reassured him,
And indeed (many) Messengers before you were mocked at, but their scoffers were surrounded by the very thing that they used to mock at. (10)
I said all this to just help you understand brother that the tests you are going through are from Allah so, seek his help and patience to over come them. Allah promises us that,
And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). (2) And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things. (3)

So seek his help by way of prayers as this is the way of the prophets.
Another way is to think and ponder about his creation,
And on the earth are signs for those who have Faith with certainty, (20) And also in your ownselves. Will you not then see? (21)
And as all brothers suggested please keep reading a portion of the Quran regularly, it will surely highten your faith, inshaAllah.
I end this lenghty post with these two beautiful surahs (chapters) of the Quran. I hope you will find solace,hope and assurance in these words.
By the forenoon (after);[] (1) By the night when it darkens (and stands still). (2) Your Lord (O Muhammad (SAW)) has neither forsaken you nor hates you. (3) And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world). (4) And verily, your Lord will give you (all good) so that you shall be well-pleased. (5) Did He not find you (O Muhammad (SAW)) an orphan and gave you a refuge? (6) And He found you unaware (of the Qur'ân, its legal laws, and Prophethood) and guided you? (7) And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment)? (8) Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression, (9) And repulse not the beggar; (10) And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces). (11)
and
Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad (SAW))? (1) And removed from you your burden, (2) Which weighed down your back? (3) And have We not raised high your fame? (4) Verily, along with every hardship is relief, (5) Verily, along with hardship is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs) (6) So when you have finished (your occupation), devote yourslef for Allâh's worship. (7) And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your) intentions and hopes. (8)
So keep your eyes fixed on your aim and that is pleasing Allah SWT and seek his help and guidence in everything that come your way.
Be happy bro :SMILY259:

salafi75

salam brother

what happened brother yesterday you was still at home ? khair insha Allah , may Allah make you easy , ameen

Allah subhanah wa ta'ala said in the quran :

"And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out".( surat talaq chapter 65 verse 2)

"And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. "( surat talaq , chapter 65 verse 3)

in islam the faith grow with the good deeds and go down with the sins so try to always keep your self busy with good deeds , and you have to know that when the slave of Allah do sins , Allah make things difficult for him and reduce his provisions,

as the brother says above try to find a muslims nearby you yinsha Allah they will help you , and do not hesitate to contact me if i can do whatever for you insha Allah ,