I’m the Man [the youngster who puts himself forward]

BinKhadija

An Akhu
It is reported that there was a young man who was from the people of knowledge who used to put himself forward, speak and behave haughtily with his knowledge in front of those older than him. This angered Sufyân [Al-Thawrî] and he said, “The Salaf were never like this; they never used to claim leadership, or sit at the head of the gathering until they had sought this knowledge for thirty years, and you act haughty in front of those who are older than you. Get up, I never want to see you even come close to my circle.

Al-Bayhaqî, Al-Madkhal ilâ Al-Sunan Al-Kubrâ 2:74.

Let's become modest & humble ourselves, and pay respect to our elders always. Insha'Allah.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Subhan Allah..Had we not forgotten these basic manners, we would have been in a different situation I guess.

Jazak Allah for the reminder.

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
:salam2:

Subhan Allah..Had we not forgotten these basic manners, we would have been in a different situation I guess.

Jazak Allah for the reminder.

:wasalam:
Barak Allah feekum, sister. That's true indeed we're in the condition we're in cos of loosing our values. But we must admit in countries like Pakistan, India and Bangladesh such values are poses as negative by Bollywood etc., and teenagers are suggested to overlook these. The result is empty, deen-less Muslims. May Allah protect us all.

Wa'salaam.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
ahh thats true ya brother... thanks for reminding... in general I interrupt people while speaking :( :( because I am so quick in speech when I am trying to explain something. I ve to correct this behaviour so soon :( I ll write this post on my table to see everytime and not forget it inshaallah :(

BinKhadija

An Akhu
ahh thats true ya brother... thanks for reminding... in general I interrupt people while speaking :( :( because I am so quick in speech when I am trying to explain something. I ve to correct this behaviour so soon :( I ll write this post on my table to see everytime and not forget it inshaallah :(
All of us have some points to work on. Don't worry, ukhti, and may Allah Ta'la help us all.