I heard the craziest thing

muslimah84

Salam alykum WW,
Ramadan mubarak everyone, i pray we all get the blessings out of it inshallah.
So i have a question, didnt know where to ask but i'll ask anyways,
so someone told me recently that they burn "special"(whatever that means) incense(bakhoors) in their home especially during ramadan because this will invite the angels while their making salat/dua...so a red light is buzzing in my head and my first instinct is to think that this is a form of bidah(since this practice is unfamilar to me) but i am not that knowledgeable in this matter and it will be wrong for me to speak about something i know nothing off...so my bro's and sis, is this a practice that is sunnah or is it considered bidah..an innovation with no foundation in the Quran or Sunnah...if so are there any sources that can confirm this so i can inform the person.I wouldn't want this person committing bidah if indeed it is an innovation.....

Amir_of_spain

The only thing that can be said here is that the angels around us prefer our rooms to be cleand and pure, so by burning incense, it can help make the room more pleasent for both the human and the angel, however if they do dua for you, they not going to do it just because if burning such and such incense, it will be because of your taqwa which they are impressed with, thats it.

Rezagar

Salam alykum WW,
Ramadan mubarak everyone, i pray we all get the blessings out of it inshallah.
So i have a question, didnt know where to ask but i'll ask anyways,
so someone told me recently that they burn "special"(whatever that means) incense(bakhoors) in their home especially during ramadan because this will invite the angels while their making salat/dua...so a red light is buzzing in my head and my first instinct is to think that this is a form of bidah(since this practice is unfamilar to me) but i am not that knowledgeable in this matter and it will be wrong for me to speak about something i know nothing off...so my bro's and sis, is this a practice that is sunnah or is it considered bidah..an innovation with no foundation in the Quran or Sunnah...if so are there any sources that can confirm this so i can inform the person.I wouldn't want this person committing bidah if indeed it is an innovation.....

well i dont think that the angels are doing prayer or comming just bcoz of burning these things its just bcoz of making ur roon environment good and neat and clean to make urself feel closer to god deep inside ur heart when ur r doing prayer. its is rue that angels are everywhere whether u burn them or not...