I need advice plz

muhammad.abdullah

:salam2:

My dear brothers and sisters, i hope you are all fine. I am about to share a friend of mines experience. He is more than a friend to me to be honest, his joy brings me joy and his gloom brings me gloom. Here is the thing that i need advice on, BE CAREFUL of what you say here because i would advise him accordingly.

He is engaged to a very good girl. She prays, fasts and the regular stuff and above all is more intelligent than people of her age. However, there have arisen some issues between my friend and her fiancee. He loves her dearly and doesnt want to let go but he is very much hurt as well. The thing is that after some time after the engagement, she started phoning him asking him questions like, why do you want to marry me? what are your ambitions in your life? how much do you care about my education? Why did you propose me if you didnt know me well? How do you plan to spend a life with a person without knowing her all? How strong are you mentally? If it were a choose me and choose your mom situation, what would you do regardless of whatever happened? And then came the pettiest questions like Would we go on holidays each year and the like of that.

Now the problem is they have had 3 or 4 fights over the phone because she refused to marry him after they had been engaged for more than 5-6 months saying that she doesnt find him strong and he doesnt understand her and at one point said that it was all because of formality that she was behaving the way she had, that is smiling and getting along nicely.

Although all of this is over now i mean both of them have let bygones be bygones and although my friend, more of my brother doesnt love her an ounce less than he did before the fights, he is badly hurt, confused and scared. He thinks that after marriage, she will not respect him, not care for him as a wife should, she would not understand him and he is afraid that he will not be able to befriend her as his best friend. He is so confused that sometimes he starts crying on his own without any reason and at other times he is as quite and as pale as a dead person.
Let me tell you something, i know him since he was a child, he intends to treat his wife according to quran and sunnah and he really means it and thats what he has told his fiancee. He had prayed istikhaara a few times and everytime he found his inclination towards her increasing. What should he do, should he let her go, the person he loves more than himself or should he stay with the situation and see what happens and shudder off his fears?

Plz, maybe your word of advice would help me comfort him or help him take the right decision. Its about my brothers life so be compassionate.

:wasalam:

he is badly hurt, confused and scared. He thinks that after marriage, she will not respect him, not care for him as a wife should, she would not understand him and he is afraid that he will not be able to befriend her as his best friend.

I am also scared about it that she will not respect him.And if its so then there is no sense to continue his life with her.And the plus point is they are not yet married.So where is the problem?

What should he do, should he let her go, the person he loves more than himself or should he stay with the situation and see what happens and shudder off his fears?

I think he should let go.If i were he then i will let her go.Because his love for her is not always fact, she also must love him , if not then it will be not good for them.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

I will let go even if she is Miss world, Nobel Price winner, from a rich tribe or family .

dianne

Salam,

WHen the person already solat istikhara and then the sense found that it doesnt work means that he need to choose the right decisions.
If the girl argue like that means that shes not ready to commit with someone or maybe shes confuse.
maybe he can leave the girls alone for the best.wallahu alam.

wassalam

liaa

i think that the girl is confused, maybe she want's to be 100% sure that she will be treated acording to sunnah and quran . i think i would put all these questions to a man who want's t marry me , because i want to know if he marries me because he loves me , or because he is bored of being alone and needs someone to cook and clean the house.and i would also put these type of questions because i would like to find out :what he want's from his life? and how will our marriage be?.
Anyway ,after i would find the answer's i would say Yes or No depending .

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
assalamo alaikum

I think he should gather all the patience he can get..take her questions seriously (because they might be of grave importance to her)..and answer them with truth and sincerity..you never know...*hearing* a satisfying answer from him might be *all* she seeks..some people like to *hear* things rather than *witness* them..they flip around the concept of *actions speak louder than words*..to her it might be...*words speak louder than actions*..so he should consider that possibility

and he should keep praying istikharah...and keep patience..perhaps..he will find an answer to his distress...through her questions..and his answers to them too..

and lastly..the brother should do Dhikr of Allah when he gets in a tense emotional states like the ones you described..perhaps Allah (swt) is testing him with the emotions he is having and having that girl around..he should turn to Allah (swt) (even if just to complain to him in his heart about what is going on) immediately every time he gets burdened with what's in his heart for this sister...it really does help...this is not just advice..it *really* does work..he should try it

and I pray that this brother finds what satsifies him in the end inshallah...*ease always comes after hardship*..just trust in Allah (swt)

wa alaikum assalam

dianek

My opinion here is VERY unislamic, sorry, but it is from experience in life. This is why I feel that people should be able to know each other WELL, not intimately, before marriage!!! She is trying to educate herself about him! She is not permitted islamically to really spend time alone with this person to discuss things and things said over the phone can be misinterpretted as you do not have the benefit of seeing one's body language and expressions. I can't imagine marrying someone I could not spend time with prior to marriage and think that is why she has the questions she has. Like I said, this is a very UNISLAMIC answer/opinion. He should answer her questions patiently and wait for her response.

muhammad.abdullah

assalamo alaikum

I think he should gather all the patience he can get..take her questions seriously (because they might be of grave importance to her)..and answer them with truth and sincerity..you never know...*hearing* a satisfying answer from him might be *all* she seeks..some people like to *hear* things rather than *witness* them..they flip around the concept of *actions speak louder than words*..to her it might be...*words speak louder than actions*..so he should consider that possibility

and he should keep praying istikharah...and keep patience..perhaps..he will find an answer to his distress...through her questions..and his answers to them too..

and lastly..the brother should do Dhikr of Allah when he gets in a tense emotional states like the ones you described..perhaps Allah (swt) is testing him with the emotions he is having and having that girl around..he should turn to Allah (swt) (even if just to complain to him in his heart about what is going on) immediately every time he gets burdened with what's in his heart for this sister...it really does help...this is not just advice..it *really* does work..he should try it

and I pray that this brother finds what satsifies him in the end inshallah...*ease always comes after hardship*..just trust in Allah (swt)

wa alaikum assalam

Sister, as i personally know both people, i know they are good at heart. The problem i see here is that she wants to know anything and everything about him and to make sure that he doesnt treat her bad afterwards. But the islamic way, as i see it is to ask this information in the presence of a wali or inquire about him from other people because a person might show his best side before marriage and turn up to be some else. So my best guess is that she must trust Allah as she has done her istikhara time and again and got positive stimuli. The key is not to be paranoid about something.

Thanks all, i got my answer. I am gonna advise him to be patient with her and not let her go and trust Allah.

Jazakalla kheir
:wasalam: