I need good advice on working clothing

Ameera

Seeking allah
:salam2:
I am currently having to wear a white tunic and navy trousers for my job,so my question being I am western muslim and still very much trying to learn what is the correct dress code while working in the public eye, I travel by my own car to and from my patients homes to care for them now its getting really hot and uncomfortable my tunic has short sleeves which leave my arms from just above the elbow uncovered now can anyone shed some light on this if its ok or no I cant stand wearing a jacket when i am in the car so what would be the solution if not permitted to show my arms ??? please help

:hijabi: ameera

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alikum

:salam2:ameera my friend was just like u here in america and she didn`t wanted to wear trousers and instead of trousers she wear a blue skirt and it took her alot to look 4 that blue skirt, but Allah was on her side so trust Allah.may Allah mae it easier 4 you.:wasalam::tti_sister:

kakitics

In Malaysia some of us wear a long dress with a slit on each side so that it is easier to move, also with long pants of course. If you wear short sleaves , you can wear a sort of stoking on your arms. Here there are so colorful and with laces too.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

The basics of women's clothing in islam are:

1. Not too colorful to avoid any attention.
2. Must covers all the body, neck to toe, since the head will be covered with Hijab (except hands and face are permitted to be shown).
3. Not so tight in a way that it describes the body parts.
4. Not transparent (at least hids skin color and underwear).

So you can wear loose white shirt with a blue jeans skirt for example..:)

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom

Dear Sister, If you are wearing hijab, you should be wearing loose fitting clothing and long sleeves. If what you are wearing is a uniform, I would suggest you buy some "sleeve guards" like little stockings for the arms as mentioned above. These should cover from above the elbow to the hand and you can find them at hijabgirl.com and other islamic clothing websites. It is a pity your uniform doesn't come with long sleeves. I think once the tunic shirt covers to above your knees, it is okay to wear loose pants underneath if pants are necessary for the uniform. All the best :)

Ameera

Seeking allah
Wassalam sisters and brothers
Well my tunic has short sleeves its fitted and its short to below the buttocks my trousers are loose fitting and they do not really matter as I wear my own, my problem is I wear my tunic and I am showering ladies and gents so sleeves are not practicle as they would get wet and dirty and possibly cross contamination, I cannot bare hot weather nor can I be hot as its uncomfortable I wear hijab but my hair is usually wet through all day so I am still looking for a clue as yo how I can comfortably work in loose fitting clothing that does not get wet while I wash others nor will it put me in the wrong side Islam ????? please keep advising till I find a solution ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ameera

Almeftah

Showering ladies and gents?!?!?!

1. you have to wear long sleeves that cover the whole arms, and you can lift them up while working regarded there arent men looking at you. If its a shirt with long sleeves you can wear a t-shirt under it so when your working you can take off the shirt. and you can take off Hijab while showering ladies as long as there are no men around.

OR, you can wear whatever you feel comfortable working with and have a cloak (Abaya) over it and take it off while working.

2. It is not permitted for women to shower men.

muhsinah

You can wear tunics with long sleeves (if you can't get, have them sewn for you). You can use those arm-stockings; they're sleeves that start at your elbow....they're like socks so you just put them on after wearing your tunic. If all else fails, wear a light long-sleeved shirt underneath your tunic. If that's not possible, wear the jacket and keep in mind that whatever you suffer in trying to obey Allah will not go unrewarded. So, yeah, it may be hot but Allah may then decrease the heat and suffering of the Day of Judgement for you because of your patience. Whatever we suffer patiently, Allah rewards us for it and erases some of our sins. SO, sister, even if you can't try the options listed, then do your best to make sure you're properly covered no matter the discomfort because the reward that comes with it makes the discomfort negligible.

Besides, you'll soon get used to it. You'll only be uncomfortable for a few weeks and then your body will adjust and you won't feel so hot anymore. I went through the same change and, alhamdulillah, even when I can only find heavy shirts to wear under my clothes, I don't feel too hot because my body has gotten used to it. May Allah make it easy for us.

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom,

Is there something waterproof you can put on (like a waterproof poncho) while you are washing patients? Then you can have long sleeves or tunic plus sleeve guards on underneath. I know that nursing is a special calling and I admire you for that as it takes a compassionate person but I do agree with Brother BoMeshary that Muslim women should not be showering men. I wish for you that you could opt for showering the female patients only, if at all possible. They should have a male nurse shower the men. May Allah help you, dear sister.

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

It's not that hard as you think sister. Just avoid men and everything is on your side. In a front of womans you can get confortable, wear short sleeves t-shirts, take of hijab, wear confortable skirt or wide pants... But remember , you are not permited to be in the area together with men, otherwise you can't be confortable. I understand your job, it's difficult .But stay on shariyah as much as possible.

May Allah s.w.t., make it easy for you. Ameen !

Ameera

Seeking allah
salaam brothers and sisters

i would like to thank all of you for your advice regards t othis issue my life is not plain cut and dried as many of you seem to think my job requires me to attend ppl who are ill either mentaly or physically and it requires patience and tact not ignorance and fuss as most ppl i deal with are elderly and do not know what a muslim is never mind the clothing we are supposed to wear if I turned up to a clients home wearing an abaya or covering it would most likely kill them with fright I do what I can to be muslim when tending to my clients needs irrespective if the yare male or female they are sick and I am not goingto put them in such a position that frightens them of me and I know that allah will guide me the way that is best for them and myself always

ameen

web_knight

spread the peace
Assalamu Alaikom sister Ameera,

well I don't like to give you the fish but I like to give you the fishing rod by which you can fish yourself, thus my advice to you is: One should bear in mind four rules:-

1). Allah is fair ,he never be unfair to anybody as he knows and legislates what's in our best interest.

2). It is a subjet to Hijab esteem and serious importance since Allah himself (praise be to him) has tailored < defined >the Islamic dress for women specially.

3). Any difficulty,harassment or whatsoever hardship the Muslim encounters in his life
even getting wounded by a thorn is recompensed by the Almighty creator and is a cause for forgiveness.

4). There is no benefit could be acquired by way of sin.

I'm sure if you operate the obove mentioned rules you'll find out yourself what is the proper solution - I encourage you that you're carefull about your religion that's why you ask such a question and share us your concerns - you search yourself and learn about the details of islamic dress, or you can directly ask a trusted Sunni Sheikh(Savant)
but always try to abide by the islamic rules.

May Allah lead me,you and all muslims to the right path.

Wassalamu Aleikom wa rahmatullah