i'm in a big trouble.. help please...

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaamu alaykkum dear brothers and sisters,

I think i am in great trouble. I need some scholarly advice.

Today i found out that the ship i am working as a trainee now is carrying Pork Meat in few containers.
Though none of the person onboard the ship is responsible for accepting such goods, we indeed carry them from point A to B.

I calculated the amount and it is about 1 percent of the total goods we carry.

is it enough for me to dispose that much percent of my income? or should i resign my job?

If it is enough to only dispose the haraam money, how can i dispose it? can i give it in charity? or should i simply do not utilize it in anyway (by destroying or the like..)???? in otherwords how to get rid of this money??

Please dear brothers and sisters. i do not know any scholars. can someone take my question to a scholar?

i have surfed through islaamqa.com.. though i found some relevant fatwas, my case is little different (i guess)...

In dire need of your help.

Ilyas.

assalaamu alaykum wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

JenGiove

:salam2:

Wow! Your problem is, indeed, difficult. I will make dua that a solution is presented to you quickly. May Creator see your heart and mind and know that they are with him.

Good luck..

khadijah yusuf

asalamualaykum ilyas according to an hadeth of the prophet(SAW)he said what is halal is clear and what is haram is clear.so if you know that is only what can sustain u, pray 4 Allah's forgiveness and if quiting the job will be gud for u may Allah make it easier.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams Brother I found this which seems relavent to your situation, please see how the shk. sums up at the end, from how I understand the fatwa , as long as you are not invloved personally with moving pork products etc you should be ok, please correct me any one if I am wrong, and Allah ta'laa knows best.

He is working in a store and is afraid that they will ask him to carry pork to the trucks
I am a Muslim man working in a western country. I work in a firm that distributes food products to different shops and markets. We move the products from the firm to the trucks to be distributed. Food products such as vegetables, fruits, milk and meat. Sometimes we are asked to move the pork meat to the trucks. So we have to collect it and carry it to the trucks. My question is: what is the ruling on my work? Knowing that the other job opportunities in restaurants offer different dishes that contain pork meat.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to sell pork or to receive payment for carrying it, or to help with it in any way, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of alcohol, dead meat, pork and idols.”

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2]

The same applies to everything that is proven to be haraam: it is not permissible to help with it, such as serving alcohol or dead meat, or the meat of domestic donkeys, in restaurants or elsewhere.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al‑Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering (that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah, or has been slaughtered for idols) and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns — and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal — unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:3]

What the Muslim has to do is fear Allaah and look for halaal income, and avoid haraam income. Every body that is nourished by haraam things, the Fire is more befitting for it, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every body that is nourished by haraam things, the Fire is more befitting for it.” Narrated by al-Tabaraani and Abu Nu’aym from Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (no. 4519).

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked about working in restaurants where alcohol and pork are served.

They replied: It is haraam to work and earn money by helping in the consumption of haraam things such as alcohol and pork, and the payment received for that is also haraam, because this is cooperating in sin and transgression, which Allaah has forbidden as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “do not help one another in sin and transgression”. We advise you to keep away from working in this restaurant and similar places, because that will mean avoiding helping with something that Allaah has forbidden.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (13/49).

To sum up: there is nothing wrong with you working in this store, so long as you do not help with anything haraam by selling it, collecting it, carrying it or any other kind of help.

And Allaah knows best.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

The above fatwa says that it is haraam to even help in carrying this stuff. But that means the person is physically carrying the boxes of pork to the truck. The brother who originally posted has a different case. I'm sure he doesn't even see where the cases are probably? So this would be a different ruling. I think some brother can perhaps ask a knowledgeable sheikh?

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
The above brother/sister has described what i was going to say...

My case is that (hopefully) halaal products comprise 99 percent of what we carry. and these things.... i dont even know whats inside the box until it is loaded.. and in no way we can control what we carry. (even the captain! Unless something is really dangerous or damaged)... i came to know that we carrying 'em only by looking at the cargo manifest today...

@ Um_mustafa - may Allah reward all your efforts sister. I have read the fatwa before posting the thread. the difference being the questioner can know and (may be) deny to carry the goods.. but i cannot...

and another thing is that at this point of time i am kind of stuck with this position (till i finish my contract) so i should also know how to dispose the money i earned from these disgusting goods.

i ask my beloved brothers/sister to kindly refer it to some knowledgeable scholars that they might know of.

include me in your dua' that i should get some job that is purely halaal.. please

@sister Khadijah Yusuf - Jazak Allahu khyir sister. kindly include me in your dua'.
@sister JenGiove - Thanks for your soothing words sister. May Allah easen up our ways for us.ameen.

assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam: YA AKHI..

I HOPE THIS WOULD HELP YOU, INSHA ALLAH

Its not directly on PORK..but applicable to your problem..:)

[yt]CIQlrbnKib4[/yt]​

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

revert2007

Love Fishing
obviously people with such belief's should not live in the west peoplelike this are just making it up as they go along we do not get this kind of rubbish fromn the jews from whom you "borrowed" the haram food ideas tom

Jesus PBUH did not eat pork following the prohibition mentioned in the laws of Prophet Moses PBUH
Leviticus 11:7 (King James Version)

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Leviticus 11:8 (King James Version)

Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
Deuteronomy 14:8 (King James Version)

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.
What Allah The Exalted said in The Quran

002.173 He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then is he guiltless. For God is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.

I am wondering how it can be borrowed when the God who prohibited pork is the same God.

JenGiove

obviously people with such belief's should not live in the west peoplelike this are just making it up as they go along we do not get this kind of rubbish fromn the jews from whom you "borrowed" the haram food ideas tom

Tom,

First off, as a new user, I welcome you to this forum, HOWEVER, you seem to be quite angry and for no reason that I can figure out. Have you come here to learn or to fight? If you came to learn, then please read the site rules so that you do not inadvertently cause emotional harm. If you came to fight over belief, then please leave. You are not welcome here.

*I* am a non-Muslim.
*I* stand with my friends.
*I* will not allow you to disrupt this place with hate.
*I* have reported this post of yours.

*I* live in America.
*I* am a Native American.

You want to talk about "stealing" cultural heritage? Come at ME! I'll teach you about THEFT!

You make your choice....I wish you no harm but you can not come here and be a fighter and a teacher at the same time.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Brother tomwatson, muslims did not borrow any idea from the jews or anybody to say in the least. Islam is purely defined by Allah , The Most Great, The Wise.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran

Chapter 6; Verse 145: [Interpretation of the meaning]
"Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maytatah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is impure, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Chapter 2; Verse 23: [Interpretation of the meaning]
"And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Quran) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful."

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu.

@sister Faaraa - thanks for the link sister. i watch the video.. ta barak Allah Dr. Zakir kind of clears up the thing. another brother mailed me and talked about some clip of Dr. Zakir. probably the same that you posted. may Allah reward you all with good.

and i came across the verse of Glorious Qur'aan in the morning,
Allah subhana wa ta 'ala says :-
O you who believe! Make not unlawful the Taiyibat (all that is good as regards foods, things, deeds, beliefs, persons, etc.) which Allah has made lawful to you, and transgress not. Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors.
Surah 5 Verse 87

so i have to be little careful not to transgress by saying it is totally haraam etc. i ask all of you to include me in your dua' (please) so that Allah guides me to take the correct decision.

PS - apparently some tom person tried some stunt. may be that person, with all due respect, did not see that i wrote i am waiting for "scholarly advice". i hope he comes back with good intention next time in sha Allah. but thanks and jazak Allahu khyir for my beautiful brothers and sisters who stood up for islaam and for me. @sister revert, brother Maksudul - ma sha Allah wonderful reply and i thank moderators for their swift action.
@sister JenGiove - I have no words sister. thanks for standing up for me. once again may Allah easen up your path. ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Tom,

First off, as a new user, I welcome you to this forum, HOWEVER, you seem to be quite angry and for no reason that I can figure out. Have you come here to learn or to fight? If you came to learn, then please read the site rules so that you do not inadvertently cause emotional harm. If you came to fight over belief, then please leave. You are not welcome here.

*I* am a non-Muslim.
*I* stand with my friends.
*I* will not allow you to disrupt this place with hate.
*I* have reported this post of yours.

*I* live in America.
*I* am a Native American.

You want to talk about "stealing" cultural heritage? Come at ME! I'll teach you about THEFT!

You make your choice....I wish you no harm but you can not come here and be a fighter and a teacher at the same time.

:hearts::hearts: I love this!!!:hearts::hearts:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
salaam,

if some one could still refer it to a scholar, as i have requested before, kindly do it for the sake of Allah. may Allah reward you with good.

wa salaam

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams brother I have sent to shk @Huda TV inshallah they will get back to me soon,
w/salams

P.S seems I missed Tom and what he was trying to do , but mashallah Jennifer,great reply,

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
salams brother I have sent to shk @Huda TV inshallah they will get back to me soon,
w/salams

P.S seems I missed Tom and what he was trying to do , but mashallah Jennifer,great reply,
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullah sister.

jazak Allahu khyir for all your efforts sister. kindly let me know after sheik answer the question.

before i had internet onboard i sent them another question regarding carriage of alcohol, but as i couldnt access huda tv or the net, i missed the answer.

and may Allah reward you all with Jannath al firdous..
include me in your dua'

wa assalaamu alaykkum.