I'm seeking knowledge

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Hi,

First and foremost let me introduce myself. My name is Faisal and this is my first post in this forum. I grew up in a muslim family. My Parents, whom I respect more than my own life has been my mentor and friend through out life. They have raised me muslim my whole life and they allways encouraged me to further my knowledge about Islam by asking questions and researching facts on my own. I myself am very thankfull to be a muslim because everytime I think about Islam I always find a peace of mind from whatever stress I might be going through. However there is one thing that has been bothering me, which I have been dying to know the answer to. Please note that when I ask this question, the reason behind me asking this question is about me seeking knowledge from an open mind stand point, without any bias perspective.

Throughout my whole life, I have always been facsinated by science. Science I believe is the raw truth. Without science, there is no reasoning behind anything. When I was 17 years old,(I'm now 19) I was introduced to the theory of Evolution. I was so interested by it that I researched it and seeked to know what it was about. After two years of learning about Evolution, I have arrived at a fork in the road between religion and science. As I studied evolution, I have also extensively studied history of mankind, earth, space, psychology and religion. I have even gone as far as researching religions outside of Islam.

In Psychology, it states, religion is a form of belief. It is faith. This set of belief exists to keep mankind from becoming corrupt and to cause chaos. Now this makes sense to me because I know before the great Muhammed came along, even before any prophet came along, there was chaos. Man did as they pleased.

In the theory of Evolution, there are many scientific evidence that men are related to apes. In the history of Mankind, it states when the first generation of eveolving cave men came along, as they got wiser they started to form a belief system. This belief system is known to be the introduction of religion to man. This set of belief divided terretories and formed groups. As men evolved, they migrated which brought on the separation of species, or better known as race. As time went by, diffrent races began to form their own set of beliefs. For example the greek. They believed in Zeus and the Titans. As time went by the prophets that influences the current religions came along. They introduced a set of belief systems or religions to us which mankind today follow.

Further example of how religion is a belief system is the example of Scientology. Scientology as we know is obviously fake. It is a scam. Evryone knows that. However, the people who follow scientology, they have accept scientology as their belief system. They have accepted scientology as their peace of mind.

Diffrent religions, has its own followers. Those followers, accept that religion as their own belief system which they live by.

That being the case, I have decided that my set of beliefs is to help others. It is to rule out any racism between race, any history of unjust between race and to see mankind as who we really are, and that is Humans. I believe no matter what the reasoning is no human should suffer due to hatred from other humans. This is what separates us from apes. This advanced form of thinking, and caring. In the wild, it is be killed or kill world. I believe any war that is has a label of "Religion War" is really propaganda. I believe a lot of people will agree with me on this.

That being said, I really do believe deeply that Islam is the religion for me. I believe the truest form of Islam is what my set of belief is. Its actually stretched out far beyond what I believe, I'm sure. However I get a lot of negative responses from others when I explain this to them. The only response I get is that because I think the way I think, Allah will send me to hell. I have to choose between Science and Religion. I do not think that is the case at all.

I believe that science and religion can live side by side.

After all Allah is the creator of universe so there for he is the creator of science. So if you rule out science, you are rulling out Allah's beautiful art.

So after all that, my question is: Since now that you know what I'm about, am I trully sinning for seeking knowledge?

Please note that:

THIS IS AN OPEN MINDED COVERSATION TO BOTH RELIGION AND SCIENCE, I HAVE NO INTENTIONS WHAT SO EVER TO OFFEND ANYONE. IF ANYONE IS OFFENDED, PLEASE KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO DO SO.

Thank you, I hope to receive my answer from this forum.

-Faisal

:salah:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salam bro

First of all it is obligatory upon all muslims to search and obtain Knowledge as Allah subhana wa tala says in Quran" the ppl think they can say they believe and not be tested" how are going to pass those test if we don't obtain knowledge.

Now If you are trying to ask can Islam and science co-exist, once again yes as long as you understand it is Allah who created everything, I have some more to say but I need to get my words together, I will be back insha'allah

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Wa alaikum salam bro

First of all it is obligatory upon all muslims to search and obtain Knowledge as Allah subhana wa tala says in Quran" the ppl think they can say they believe and not be tested" how are going to pass those test if we don't obtain knowledge.

Now If you are trying to ask can Islam and science co-exist, once again yes as long as you understand it is Allah who created everything, I have some more to say but I need to get my words together, I will be back insha'allah

Thank you for your response. I understand that Allah is the creator of everything, and I also understand that evolution did take place. Even in man. This is where I get a lot of negative responses from people. Because I accept theory of evolution, I'm going to hell. This really doesnt make sense to me because I know that Allah is the creator of everything and he is the creator of science. Evolution is merely a process which explains how Humans arrived. So if Allah is the creator of everything, which he is, he is the creator of science also. Meaning, that one doesnt have to choose between science(theory of evolution) and religion, they can perfectly co-exist. Because Islam is my belief system, I believe Allah is the creator of everything, I believe because of that, Evolution is a process which Allah used to bring about humans. Its actually Allah's art. Its called Nature.

Am I trully sinning for believeing that? I dont think I am. What do you think brother?

Thank You, Hope to hear more from you insha'allah

-Faisal

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother Faisal01!

You are not the only one who is trying to clear up this "human evolution" issue in regards to islamic teachings.

It is good to find the real truth, no matter what it is.

First of all, I want to tell you that Allah swt has clearly mentioned in Quran how He created Adam.
Bearing that in mind, if we believe the theory of human evolution,
we would be disbelieving in Allah's kalam (Quran).

"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;" 15:26

"Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); " 23:12

"He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with clay," 32:7

"And when your Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal
of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.
So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit,
fall down making obeisance to him." 15:28-29

"When your Lord said to the angels;
Surely I am going to create a mortal from dust:

then fall down making obeisance to him.

And the angels did obeisance, all of them,
But not Iblis: he was proud and he was one of the unbelievers.

He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do obeisance to him
whom I created with My two hands?

Are you proud or are you of the exalted ones?
He said: I am better than he;

Thou hast created me of fire,
and him Thou didst create of dust." 38:71-76

All the above verses show that human being has not gone through
those Darwinic starges which the theory of evolution ascribe to him.

The second point I would like to mention is that Human evolution is not a proven science,
but a theory subject to many controvarsies.
It seems that your study of human evolution has been one sided.

I have to stress that the popular systems that dictate the educational systems
throughout the world don't give way to those theories and scientists who appose Darwin theory.

I hope this helps

Wassalam

Karima80

Salam brother,
I must say im a revert and one reason I reverted to islam, is because of science. I used to questioning religion because of all of this science. But I never believed in we come from apes, but I do believe in some parts of the Darwin theory, as the strongest lives and weakest goes away. When i study anatomy on the microlevel (cells etc.) How can it be so perfect! How can an ion make a whole cell function. So there must be a God (Allah). Then as one mention there are already mentioned in the quran some scentific.
Just my thoughts... Forgive me if im wrong

:hijabi:

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum wa rahamtallah brother

I believe in micro (small changes within a species) but definately not macro evolution. I have read and also listened to some very convicing lectures by our ulama mashallah that are studied in this field and mashallah as quran states there is absolutely no way we evolved from apes or fish. The theory of macro- evolution is highly overrated and has more holes in it and more questions surrounding it then answers

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
[yt]LSloY06XoVw[/yt]
[yt]QDF73zX0cKk[/yt]

Brother, thank you for the video.

This is was an inspirational video but there are some things I would like to point out in that video where he talks about evolution, where he is wrong about the concept.

First of all he speaks of public schools preventing one to speak of one's religion because the public school states it's not a place to speak of religion.

This is not why its prevented.

Its to prevent any hatred and racist debates that comes about when children from diffrent religious backgrounds speak about religion from what they learned from their parents. This actually happend in my high school a couple of times, because though it was forbidden to speak of religion, some teachers still started conversations and due to it, it caused violent fights.

Also another reason why schools dont allow to speak about religion, its because teachers are not preachers. They have no right to speak about religion in a room full of kids from diffrent ethical and religious back grounds because teachers themselves are under the faith of only one religon. They dont practice every single religion that his/her student may. So to teach religion in a school, this is why you have diffrent religious schools such as Christian school, Muslim school, etc. In a public school, the school is exposed to the "public" meaning its exposed to everyone no matter the religion. So in a public school it makes sense that they would block out religious topics. Its not to prevent practice, its do prevent arguments.

Second of all, he states that in the theory of evolution, it skips to explain some steps in the process of evolution that are vital to understand the concept. He states that when you have a glass full of water, you can never get algae.

This is true, but only to some degree. I'll explain.

After the Big Bang, when water came about on Earth, it wasnt the only thing that came about on Earth. Before water there was basic form of atmosphere that rained down water to create ocean. When earth was developing, there was millions of violent thunderstorms which rained down water to create oceans. This explains how Earth is 75% water. This also explains why humans are also 75% water. I'll get into that more later.

If you were to take away the atmosphere, the water and every thing that is on earth now, you'll find that Earth, in it's purest form is a rock.

Thats what it was in the beginning.

The mixture of water, the bacteria from rocks and after a long long period of time. Algae started to form. Algae is believed to be the first sign of life on Earth. Algae was caused by bacteria and water. We have bacteria inside of us that lives. We have bateria in space that lives. So bacteria is one of the basic ingredients of life.

Anyways when you have a glass full of water, its true its not going to form algae. However if you add other materials such as outside bacteria and you cover up the glass of water and you let it sit outside in the hot weather, it will def. build up algae over a long period of time.

Alagae in the beginning was bron in water. The slow development of Algae caused the creation of early animals, and Dinosaurs. Because algae is made from water and was born in water, and the early animals are linked to be born from algae, and because humans because of evolution are linked to those animals that are linked to be born from algae, this is on of the reasons why humans are actually 75% water.

Please note

I have nothing against this speaker. Infact I greatly appreciate you for finding this video for me. However, I believe that theory of evolution can co-exist with my faith in Allah. I am just pointing out that some of the reasonings he states about evolution is wrong. By wrong I mean that he did not know the full facts.

Thank you for the video, I hope to hear from you soon insha'allah

-Faisal

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum wa rahatmallah brother Faisal,
The theory of macro evolution can not co exist with Islam dear brother.Many things that scientist "think" now are disproved later when ALlah subhan wa ta'ala llows more knowedge to be aquired by human beings.....while Quran has stood the test of time, over 1400 years ago things like the moon not giving off its own light and the three stages of the fetus are indiputable scientific foundings only recently discovered.
The theory of macro evolution like i said again has more questions surrounding it then answers and it is just that a theory. Only Allah subhana wa t'ala knows The Reality of things, rest assured however you were never a fish nor a monkey.

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum I am going to look around now, but there are some very good videos (not to slight yusuf estes for his efforts) but this is not his specialty it give some great information around the bias that went on when studying and collecting research for the THEORY (please always remember that word) THEORY Inshallah

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Assalamu alaikum brother Faisal01!

You are not the only one who is trying to clear up this "human evolution" issue in regards to islamic teachings.

It is good to find the real truth, no matter what it is.

First of all, I want to tell you that Allah swt has clearly mentioned in Quran how He created Adam.
Bearing that in mind, if we believe the theory of human evolution,
we would be disbelieving in Allah's kalam (Quran).

"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;" 15:26

"Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); " 23:12

"He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with clay," 32:7

"And when your Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal
of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.
fall down making obeisance to him." 15:28-29

"When your Lord said to the angels;
Surely I am going to create a mortal from dust:

then fall down making obeisance to him.

And the angels did obeisance, all of them,
But not Iblis: he was proud and he was one of the unbelievers.

He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do obeisance to him
whom I created with My two hands?

Are you proud or are you of the exalted ones?
He said: I am better than he;

Thou hast created me of fire,
and him Thou didst create of dust." 38:71-76

All the above verses show that human being has not gone through
those Darwinic starges which the theory of evolution ascribe to him.

The second point I would like to mention is that Human evolution is not a proven science,
but a theory subject to many controvarsies.
It seems that your study of human evolution has been one sided.

I have to stress that the popular systems that dictate the educational systems
throughout the world don't give way to those theories and scientists who appose Darwin theory.

I hope this helps

Wassalam

WOW thank you for this response. I appreciate it.

You know I am a man of science. I have no proof that God exists nor if he is real. However, though I'm very technical about this concept, I feel Allah in my heart. As I stated before, because of the laws in Islam, Islam it keeps me from creating chaos an such. It keeps me in control of my self. Also as I stated before my belief system, matches with teh laws of Islam. So though I have no proof that Allah exists or not, and even though I believe in science, since I feel Allah in my heart and since thinking of him gives me a peace of mind.......that overrulles any scientific logic that may debunk God. So thank you for this response.

My study of evolution has not been one sided, I do believe that Allah did make us from soil and such. However I was wondering if it was wrong for me to accept other rulles of evoluton or not. I was wondering if it was wrong for me to accept science in that manner or not. Because please know that I do believe in the Darwin theory of Evolution, but not when he speaks about the creation of man. I only believe the rest where he speaks of how other organisms came along.

Thank you for the response

jawad821

about evolution

salam,
Allah said that the most people that know and respect Him Sobhanaho is the people seeking for knowledge.

i give you a small example, you take an aminal and put it in front of the mirror, so it will get the impression that there is another animal front of him.

what i want to get from this example, is that Allah give impression and illusion to people that they have reason and that what have been done is the wright, so we will have the choice to follow those people and loose or follow the Allah speaking and win.

as you said "theory of evolution", it's just a theory so not sure of it even if they bring some proof about it.

Allah al mo3in

warda A

Sister
evolution

Hi,

First and foremost let me introduce myself. My name is Faisal and this is my first post in this forum. I grew up in a muslim family. My Parents, whom I respect more than my own life has been my mentor and friend through out life. They have raised me muslim my whole life and they allways encouraged me to further my knowledge about Islam by asking questions and researching facts on my own. I myself am very thankfull to be a muslim because everytime I think about Islam I always find a peace of mind from whatever stress I might be going through. However there is one thing that has been bothering me, which I have been dying to know the answer to. Please note that when I ask this question, the reason behind me asking this question is about me seeking knowledge from an open mind stand point, without any bias perspective.

Throughout my whole life, I have always been facsinated by science. Science I believe is the raw truth. Without science, there is no reasoning behind anything. When I was 17 years old,(I'm now 19) I was introduced to the theory of Evolution. I was so interested by it that I researched it and seeked to know what it was about. After two years of learning about Evolution, I have arrived at a fork in the road between religion and science. As I studied evolution, I have also extensively studied history of mankind, earth, space, psychology and religion. I have even gone as far as researching religions outside of Islam.

In Psychology, it states, religion is a form of belief. It is faith. This set of belief exists to keep mankind from becoming corrupt and to cause chaos. Now this makes sense to me because I know before the great Muhammed came along, even before any prophet came along, there was chaos. Man did as they pleased.

In the theory of Evolution, there are many scientific evidence that men are related to apes. In the history of Mankind, it states when the first generation of eveolving cave men came along, as they got wiser they started to form a belief system. This belief system is known to be the introduction of religion to man. This set of belief divided terretories and formed groups. As men evolved, they migrated which brought on the separation of species, or better known as race. As time went by, diffrent races began to form their own set of beliefs. For example the greek. They believed in Zeus and the Titans. As time went by the prophets that influences the current religions came along. They introduced a set of belief systems or religions to us which mankind today follow.

Further example of how religion is a belief system is the example of Scientology. Scientology as we know is obviously fake. It is a scam. Evryone knows that. However, the people who follow scientology, they have accept scientology as their belief system. They have accepted scientology as their peace of mind.

Diffrent religions, has its own followers. Those followers, accept that religion as their own belief system which they live by.

That being the case, I have decided that my set of beliefs is to help others. It is to rule out any racism between race, any history of unjust between race and to see mankind as who we really are, and that is Humans. I believe no matter what the reasoning is no human should suffer due to hatred from other humans. This is what separates us from apes. This advanced form of thinking, and caring. In the wild, it is be killed or kill world. I believe any war that is has a label of "Religion War" is really propaganda. I believe a lot of people will agree with me on this.

That being said, I really do believe deeply that Islam is the religion for me. I believe the truest form of Islam is what my set of belief is. Its actually stretched out far beyond what I believe, I'm sure. However I get a lot of negative responses from others when I explain this to them. The only response I get is that because I think the way I think, Allah will send me to hell. I have to choose between Science and Religion. I do not think that is the case at all.

After all Allah is the creator of universe so there for he is the creator of science. So if you rule out science, you are rulling out Allah's beautiful art.

So after all that, my question is: Since now that you know what I'm about, am I trully sinning for seeking knowledge?

Please note that:

THIS IS AN OPEN MINDED COVERSATION TO BOTH RELIGION AND SCIENCE, I HAVE NO INTENTIONS WHAT SO EVER TO OFFEND ANYONE. IF ANYONE IS OFFENDED, PLEASE KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO DO SO.

-Faisal

asalam aleikum
seeking knowlegde is asked of all muslims, but when we deviate from the truth we are lost. do you really belive we could come from apes? ALLAH (swt) created us from clay(there are many examples) like it is said in the quran, i really do not think we evolved like darwin wants us to belive
kindly look up this web site for harun yahya, he is being called the muslim creationist for disputing the darwin theory of evolution.
his web site is very informative, it might increase your knowledge.
he has writen a book called the atlas of creation and i can tell you it has created alot of reactions, hope it will be of help.
:wasalam:

BrotherZak

Hi,

Please note that:

-Faisal

Watch a video on youtube titled Islam and Evolution. I suggest you visit understanding-islam.com or try visiting harunyahya.com for his scientific ariticles

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
asalam aleikum
seeking knowlegde is asked of all muslims, but when we deviate from the truth we are lost. do you really belive we could come from apes? ALLAH (swt) created us from clay(there are many examples) like it is said in the quran, i really do not think we evolved like darwin wants us to belive
kindly look up this web site for harun yahya, he is being called the muslim creationist for disputing the darwin theory of evolution.
his web site is very informative, it might increase your knowledge.
he has writen a book called the atlas of creation and i can tell you it has created alot of reactions, hope it will be of help.
:wasalam:
the site is:

The site doesnt work, do you have a better link?

I would like point out that I do believe that Allah created us from Clay. However there are also evidence in science where it proofs to be true. This is where I'm confused because this is the fork in the road that I was talking about, it doesnt match up. I mean I have studied the human anatomy extensively. The hip bone has a place where a tail is supposed to be although humans dont have tails. There are some occasions where a baby was actually born with a tail. This tail ofcourse is the extension of the sperm the baby developed from. However, during the phases of the human development, we all go through the phase where the tail is cut off on the sperm enters the ovaries. So that is one piece of evidence that humans arent meant to have tails but the trait is still there. I believe the word is called apegenic if I'm not mistaken. There are two words, apegenic and something else I cant quite remember. Its where one, the trait hides itself and where the trait shows up all by itself out of no where all on its own. I'll have to look it up to give you a exact definition insha'allah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
So that is one piece of evidence that humans arent meant to have tails

Dear brother, can you explain "meant to have"

From the point of view of those who explain human evolution, what do they refer to when they say "meant to"?

Jazakallah khair

BrotherZak

let me add just one thin: If we're talking about abiogenesis and the creation of live from the primordial soup, we can make a comparision when then quran says all life has emerged from water. But if we say that abiogenesis was a random and uncontrolled or even blind process where the necessary elements happened to emerge due to millions of years of activity resulting in the creation of the first single cell protein..then we have problems. Even then as we move away into the future evolution will become more and more a theory rather than a fact because the fossils are soo few and its becoming even harder to speculate

Karima80

Just wanted to add this,

Proclaim! (or Read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created?
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood: (96:1,2)

Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: so We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight. (76:2)

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature: so blessed be Allah, the Best to create! (23:14)

Read Maurice Bucaille's book "The Bible, The Quran, and Science" it have good things to say.

zainsmommy

I don't know why...but I felt this should be posted here on this thread. Forgive me if I am misinterpreting your question and this has nothing to do with what you are asking.

I did not read your whole post because I stopped when you started to question (putting the theory of evolution and Allah's word side by side)

Surely Allah knows best your intentions. May you find the knowledge you are seeking.
Allah Hafiz

Praise be to Allaah.

Praise be to Allaah and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.

We could talk at length about the Islamic view of the Divine will and decree but to make the subject easier to understand, we will start with an overview of this topic, then explain as much as space permits, asking Allaah to benefit us thereby and to accept our efforts.

Note that what is meant by belief in al-qada’ (the Divine will) is: certain belief that everything that happens in this universe happens by the will and decree of Allaah.

Belief in al-qadar (the Divine decree) is the sixth pillar of faith, and no one’s faith is complete without it. In Saheeh Muslim (8) it is narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) heard that some people were denying al-qadar. He said: “If I meet these people I will tell them that I have nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with me. By the One by Whom ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar swore, if one of them had gold equivalent to Mount Uhud and he spent it, Allaah would not accept it from him unless he believed in al-qadar.”

You should also note that belief in al-qadar is not valid unless you believe in the four aspects of al-qadar, which are as follows:

1 – Belief that Allaah knows all things, in general terms and in detail, from eternity to eternity. Not a single atom is unknown to Him in the heavens or on earth.

2 – Belief that Allaah has decreed all things in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz, fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.

3 – Belief that the will of Allaah is irresistable and His decree is comprehensive, so nothing happens in this universe, good or bad, but by His will.

4 – Belief that all that exists was created by Allaah. He is the Creator of all beings and the Creator of their attributes and actions, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Such is Allaah, your Lord! Laa Ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things”

[al-An’aam 6:102]

Correct belief in al-qadar also involves believing in the following:

That the individual has free will by means of which he acts, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight”

[al-Takweer 81:28]

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

That a person’s will and ability do not operate outside the will and decree of Allaah, Who is the One Who has given him that ability and made him able to distinguish (between good and evil) and make his choice, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Takweer 81:29]

That al-qadar is Allaah’s plan for His creation. What He has shown us of it, we know and believe in, and what He has hidden from us, we accept and believe in. We do not dispute with Allaah concerning His actions and rulings with our limited minds and comprehension, rather we believe in Allaah’s complete justice and wisdom, and that He is not to be asked about what He does, may He be glorified and praised...................

The status of belief in al-qadar in Islam:

Belief in al-qadar is one of the six pillars of faith which were mentioned in the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when Jibreel (peace be upon him) asked him about faith (eemaan). He said: “(It is) to believe in Allaah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day, and to believe in the Divine will and decree (al-qadar) both good and bad.” Narrated by Muslim, 8. Al-qadar is also mentioned in the Qur’aan, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation as written in the Book of Decrees Al-Lawh Al-Mahfooz)”
[al-Qamar 54:49]

“And the Command of Allaah is a decree determined [qadran maqdooran]”

[al-Ahzaab 33:38]

5 – Aspects of belief in al-qadar:

Note, may Allaah help you to do that which pleases Him, that belief in al-qadar cannot be complete until you believe in the following four aspects of this doctrine:

(a) Knowledge: this is the belief that the knowledge of Allaah encompasses all things and not a single atom in the heavens or on earth falls outside of His knowledge. Allaah knew all of His creation before He created them. He knew what they would do by means of His ancient and eternal knowledge. There is a great deal of evidence that points to this such as the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He is Allaah, beside Whom Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful”

[al-Hashr 59:22]

“and that Allaah surrounds all things in (His) Knowledge”

[al-Talaaq 65:12]

(b) Writing: this is the belief that Allaah has written the decrees concerning all created beings in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz. The evidence for that is the verse in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Know you not that Allaah knows all that is in the heaven and on the earth? Verily, it is (all) in the Book (al-Lawh al-Mahfooz). Verily, that is easy for Allaah”

[al-Hajj 22:16]And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah wrote the decrees concerning all created beings fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.” Narrated by Muslim, 2653.

(c) Will: this is the belief that everything that happens in this universe happens by the will of Allaah. Whatever Allaah wills happens and whatever He does not will does not happen. Nothing exists outside of His will. The evidence for that is in the verses where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And never say of anything, ‘I shall do such and such thing tomorrow.’

24. Except (with the saying), ‘If Allaah wills!’”

[al-Kahf 18:23, 24]

“And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Takweer 81:29]

(d) Creation: this is the belief that Allaah is the Creator of all things, including people’s actions. Nothing happens in this universe but He is its Creator, because He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah is the Creator of all things”

[al-Zumar 39:62]

“While Allaah has created you and what you make”

[al-Saaffaat 37:96]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has made every doer and what he does.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari in Khalq Af’aal al-‘Ibaad (25) and by Ibn Abi ‘Aasim in al-Sunnah (257 and 358); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 1637.

Shaykh Ibn Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Just as Allaah is the One Who created them – meaning people – He has also created that by means of which they act, namely their abilities and will, then they do various actions of obedience and sin, by the abilities and will which Allaah has created. (al-Durrah al-Bahiyyah Sharh al-Qaseedah al-Taa’iyyah, p. 18).

Warning against arguing about issues of al-qadar on the basis of (human) reasoning:

Belief in al-qadar is the real test of the extent of a person’s belief in Allaah. It is the true test of how much a person really knows about his Lord and what results from this knowledge of certain and sincere faith in Allaah, and His attributes of majesty and perfection. That is because al-qadar raises many questions for the one who gives free rein to his reasoning to try to fully comprehend it. There have been many disputes concerning the issue of al-qadar and many people have engaged in debates and misinterpreted the verses of the Qur’aan that mention it. Indeed, the enemies of Islam in all eras have provoked confusion in the Muslims’ beliefs by discussing the issue of al-qadar and stirring up doubts about it. So no one can have true and certain faith except the one who knows Allaah by His beautiful names and sublime attributes, submitting to His commands with peace of mind and trusting in his Lord. In that case no doubts or specious arguments can find a way into his heart. Undoubtedly this is the greatest proof that belief in al-qadar is more important than belief in the other pillars of faith, and that the human mind cannot independently come to understand al-qadar, because al-qadar is one of the mysteries of Allaah in His creation; whatever Allaah has disclosed to us in His Book or on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we know, accept and believe in, and whatever our Lord has not told us, we believe in and we believe in His perfect justice and wisdom, and that He is not to be questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon His slave and Prophet Muhammad and upon his family and companions.